Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: If it is the last tour, what should the stones do for their fans
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2009 07:52

Free popcorn .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 7, 2009 08:08

Yes, Rockman, that free popcorn at the shows would make a nice match
to the popcorn with sssoul's been passing out around here in
our imaginary world!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2009 08:15

Yeah Yeah ...ang ya got the connection...Ya Got It..Ya Got It!!!!...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 7, 2009 11:49

I got it ! Stagediving !!!

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: January 7, 2009 16:30

T&A
CBII
T&A
CBII
For those that can only say negative things about the band I must ask, why do you even bother to listen, go to the concerts or comment about something you no longer enjoy?

i think many of us don't listen to much or any of the recent output from the band...but there's still plenty to discuss from eras when we did like what they produced. and what's wrong with talking about what we like and don't like? we are music fans and "wannabe critics," not stones cheerleaders....

It does touch a bit of a nerve to see things on this board (and other places) turn from constructive criticism to just bashing for the sake of bashing. Thats a general comment.

with all due respect, CB, I don't see alot of gratuitous bashing going on here or the other boards; i certainly don't engage in it. all music is fair game for commentary.....we're all stones fans here and are entitled to pick and choose what works for us.

You are right. I should have not taken the comments as such. My apologies to all.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 7, 2009 16:52

It doesn't matter what they should do for the fans, as they won't do it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 7, 2009 17:52

CBII
T&A
CBII
T&A
CBII
For those that can only say negative things about the band I must ask, why do you even bother to listen, go to the concerts or comment about something you no longer enjoy?

i think many of us don't listen to much or any of the recent output from the band...but there's still plenty to discuss from eras when we did like what they produced. and what's wrong with talking about what we like and don't like? we are music fans and "wannabe critics," not stones cheerleaders....

It does touch a bit of a nerve to see things on this board (and other places) turn from constructive criticism to just bashing for the sake of bashing. Thats a general comment.

with all due respect, CB, I don't see alot of gratuitous bashing going on here or the other boards; i certainly don't engage in it. all music is fair game for commentary.....we're all stones fans here and are entitled to pick and choose what works for us.

You are right. I should have not taken the comments as such. My apologies to all.

that's cool, although I don't think an apology is necessarily warranted. I think one problem that potentially arises in these debates is that some fans take critical remarks about the band as a sort of "personal affront" - and I think that's a mistake. I like certain aspects and dislike others - but I can't imagine someone else's positive or negative opinion of those aspects alterning my own liking or disliking. what one likes and another dislikes is what makes it interesting, I think and what makes a board like this fun....so long as personal insults aren't issued, implied nor taken....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 7, 2009 17:57

Thank you,Reverend T&A
Not to be taken as an offense !

Date: January 7, 2009 18:00

shortfatfanny
Thank you,Reverend T&A
Not to be taken as an offense !

bless you - now say 3 hail mary's and get the fvck out of here....

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: January 7, 2009 21:28

T&A
CBII

I think you hit the nail on the head with the phrase "wannabe critics". There is certainly nothing wrong with criticizing the band from time to time but the problem I see on this board is that there are some posters who won't be happy no matter what the band does. If you give some credit where credit is due it doesn't make you a cheerleader- it just makes you more credible than someone who gripes nonstop about the band.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: January 7, 2009 21:33

FrankM
T&A
CBII

I think you hit the nail on the head with the phrase "wannabe critics". There is certainly nothing wrong with criticizing the band from time to time but the problem I see on this board is that there are some posters who won't be happy no matter what the band does. If you give some credit where credit is due it doesn't make you a cheerleader- it just makes you more credible than someone who gripes nonstop about the band.

in that case, by your criterion, i haven't run across a single poster on this board who doesn't have credibility...

Date: January 7, 2009 21:39

I don't know about that. I see quite a few posters- not the majority of posters, who never have anything good to say about the band.

It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: January 7, 2009 21:43

FrankM
I don't know about that. I see quite a few posters- not the majority of posters, who never have anything good to say about the band.

perhaps i'm just a little more fortunate - i don't seem to run across any of these folks....

Date: January 7, 2009 21:48

Yes consider yourself fortunate since it gets tiring listening to people bitch and moan about the miserable state of The Rolling Stones 24/7 but to be clear I am talking about a fairly small group of "usual suspects" that I won't name but they are clearly the minority here- and for the record I wasn't referring to you. I just used your post as an intro to mine since it seemed to fit.

Date: January 7, 2009 21:54

FrankM
Yes consider yourself fortunate since it gets tiring listening to people bitch and moan about the miserable state of The Rolling Stones 24/7 but to be clear I am talking about a fairly small group of "usual suspects" that I won't name but they are clearly the minority here- and for the record I wasn't referring to you. I just used your post as an intro to mine since it seemed to fit.

those folks would then fit the definition of "troller" which should be a ticket for banning - if they are merely here to irritate stones fans.

Date: January 7, 2009 22:06

No they are not neccessarily trolls T&A. They just seem to be the kind of people that always look at the glass as being half empty but I don't think they come here to intentionally irritate Stones fans. They are probably huge fans themselves just a bit negative.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: January 7, 2009 22:09

Stay healthy and not cancel shows

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: January 7, 2009 22:37

Instead of Ballons or confetti falling from the ceiling, it should be millions and millions of dollars falling and returning to the rightful owners!

PECMAN

Date: January 8, 2009 11:21

after the show drinking beer with their fans...

Date: March 16, 2009 20:18

a release of a 100 dvd box set with all the seventies shows......winking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 16, 2009 20:39

Gazza
same as what they should do/should have done on every previous tour

- Transparent and fair ticketing arrangements

Absolutely

- Sensible ticket prices

Absolutely

- To play what songs they want to play, and not pander or whore themselves to the sections of their audiences who couldnt care less about discovering more than about 10 songs from their back catalogue. Rely less on 'rock anthems' - there's a great musical diversity there

Absolutely

- Play the type and size of venues where the emphasis is more on the 'music' than the 'spectacle'

Absolutely ... kiss those stadiums goodye

- Dont bullshit people with comments about how your new songs are made to be played live if you have no intentions of playing them

Wasn't particularly aware of the bullshitting, but sounds good to me.

- Ditch the b-stage. If its going to be used for nothing more than a greatest hits set, then its become pointless.

Nah, I like the B stage. That stays

- Have some originality when it comes to what's played in the final third/half of the show.

Absolutely PLUS !!

- Have Cohl publicly flogged at every show for crimes against rock 'n' roll.

Absolutely TRIPLE PLUS

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 16, 2009 21:45

Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse! Get the tunes down properly.

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: March 16, 2009 22:05

play the NEW album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 16, 2009 22:08

play the complete beggars,let it bleed, sticky fingers and exile albums

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 17, 2009 01:45

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 17, 2009 01:54

I still think the point - usually Keith's - of saying 'These songs are dying to be played live' has been said with too much heft considering how he said that about the Bang tunes and...it was very thin and much thinner as the tour 'progressed'.

On a note to piss some people off, The Rolling Stones should take showers before they come out because they smell like piss. That would be a good thing to do for the fans. Ah ha ha ha ha!

On a lighter note, since they won't drop the warhorses as much as we'd like, I'd like to hear less warhorses and more of the newer singles and 70s on catalogue. No more SFTD. Instead play...Out Of Control. Instead of YCAGWYW play...100 Years Ago. Instead of Angie play...Laugh, I Nearly Died. Instead of Miss You play...heh he - EMOTIONAL RESCUE.

On a serious note - KEEP TICKET PRICES DOWN.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:18

do a full acoustic set....

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 17, 2009 10:26

JK
Stay healthy and not cancel shows

+1 thumbs up
I'd like to see them perform some of their songs I never heard during the concerts I went to ,as Dancin'With Mr D.,Parachute Woman,Down In The Hole etc.
No more Start Me Up;

I'd like to see Jagger singing again SFM without a shirt ,pouring a water bucket all over him and leaning over me for a goodbye kiss.

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: March 17, 2009 11:03

Heres what I think they should do:

Mick should cook lunch for all concert attendee's.

Keith should give each of us a low e-string from his collection.

Ronnie should do each of our portraits in pencil.

Charlie should.....do something.

Wyman will give tips on remembering minute details.

Mick T. will hand out lyric sheets of songs he never got credit for.

The ghost of Brian Jones will take us all for a refreshing swim.

Posted by: Andithurts ()
Date: March 17, 2009 12:01

Intro: Sing this all together
1. Tumbling Dice
2. Hand of fate
3. Crazy Mama
4. Route 66
5. Under the radar
6. Luxury (Sweet black angel)
7. Down in the hole (The storm)
8. Out of time
9. Little Queenie
10.Highwire
11.Just my imagination (Can you hear the music)
12.Winter (Laugh I nearly died)
13.Coming down again
14.Going home (Crackin' up)
15.Midnight Rambler (Can't you hear me knocking)
16.She saw me coming
17.Jiving sister fanny (Had it with you)
18.Shattered (Lies)
29.Brown sugar
20.Jumping Jack Flash
encore:
21.It must be hell
22.We love you

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home