Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
If it is the last tour, what should the stones do for their fans
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 2, 2009 13:25

- Free entrance
- songs with Bill W.
- songs with Mick T.
- all songs people choice
- every concert a meet and greet contest
more suggestions? .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-02 13:25 by steffiestones.

Re: If it is the last tour, what should the stones do for their fans
Date: January 2, 2009 13:40

none of above.

- more theatre gigs

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 2, 2009 13:41

First make a decent record to tour with. drinking smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 2, 2009 13:45

Silver Dagger
First make a decent record to tour with. drinking smiley
Second - having checked the basements :
Open the vaults and release some hot stuff,it can´t be that difficult !

Date: January 2, 2009 13:47

a release of a 10 dvd boxset of the 69-70 tourwinking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2009 14:24

same as what they should do/should have done on every previous tour

- Transparent and fair ticketing arrangements
- Sensible ticket prices
- To play what songs they want to play, and not pander or whore themselves to the sections of their audiences who couldnt care less about discovering more than about 10 songs from their back catalogue. Rely less on 'rock anthems' - there's a great musical diversity there
- Play the type and size of venues where the emphasis is more on the 'music' than the 'spectacle'
- Dont bullshit people with comments about how your new songs are made to be played live if you have no intentions of playing them.
- Ditch the b-stage. If its going to be used for nothing more than a greatest hits set, then its become pointless.
- Have some originality when it comes to what's played in the final third/half of the show.
- Have Cohl publicly flogged at every show for crimes against rock 'n' roll.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: January 2, 2009 14:29

Great post, Gazza. Unfortunately it will probably never happen.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: January 2, 2009 15:26

- include Keith Richards and Ron Wood in the rehearsals
- lay Satisfaction, HTW, SFTD, YCAGWYW, BS, IORR, Miss You, SMU, Slipping Away and YGMR to rest
- replace Chuck Leavell by either the likes of Ian McLagan or a low-profile, solid sideman on keyboard
- do not allow for that embarrassing merchandising bullshit and any other form of flagrant rip-off, just to save their legacy and integrity

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 2, 2009 15:34

Gazza

- Sensible ticket prices
- To play what songs they want to play, and not pander or whore themselves to the sections of their audiences who couldnt care less about discovering more than about 10 songs from their back catalogue. Rely less on 'rock anthems' - there's a great musical diversity there
- Play the type and size of venues where the emphasis is more on the 'music' than the 'spectacle'
- Dont bullshit people with comments about how your new songs are made to be played live if you have no intentions of playing them.
- Ditch the b-stage. If its going to be used for nothing more than a greatest hits set, then its become pointless.
- Have some originality when it comes to what's played in the final third/half of the show.

I go with Gazza especially the B-Stage issue "Ditch the b-stage. If its going to be used for nothing more than a greatest hits set, then its become pointless."
If they do another B-side it must be very special PLAY "WE LOVE YOU" for instance

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 2, 2009 15:34

Gazza, i love your proposal to have cohl flogged .i wanna get in on that action .i propose we cain the scum with bamboo .this cohl guy has a lot to do with the high ticket prices.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 2, 2009 15:37

Make all shows downloadable!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 2, 2009 15:39

Tour The Superbowl Stage!!!

For me that would be the sweetest thing. playing in the middle of arenas, great views from all sides, make the band work in a slightly different environment, give the whole show a 'b' stage kinda feel.

In the middle of the show, just sit down with some acoustic guitars and gob iron, belt out some blues classics.

Course the Stones could charge top dollar for the middle of the tonge. everyone goes home happy

Come on Stones, bring it on!

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 2, 2009 21:53

Gazza

- Sensible ticket prices

yes!!!!!! right on bro!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 2, 2009 21:57

Cap ticket prices at $100 (or international equivalent).
Give all proceeds to a charitable cause.
Bring back Mick Taylor.
Don't bother with another new album unless it's up to par with the classics.
Get rid of the backup singers.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 2, 2009 22:00

limit the warhorses, lower the ticket prices, come up with some way to get rid of the scalpers and so called brokers so people have a fair chance at good seats, i mean you know just be fair to the diehards

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: January 2, 2009 22:36

New album , second one with unreleased material 1964-2009
, MT and BW as special guests, some honesty for real fans.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: January 2, 2009 22:49

Fell asleep while reading this thread and had a nightmare. Here is a view from Stones Hell:

1) A New Album: Dance Warhorse Dance!:

Mick Jagger finally opens the vaults and allows todays hottest European and NYC DJ's to remix the bands greatest hits utilizing the original multi-track master tapes.

2) In a rare personal record review (actually he dictated it to an intern) Rolling Stone Editor and Publisher Jann Wenner breaks with tradition and awards Dance Warhorse Dance! six stars. Wenner calls the record "...their best since Exile On Main Street".

3) A New New Album: Three months after the release of Dance Warhorse Dance! the Stones re-release it loaded with bonus audio tracks on a companion DVD including:

1. An All New Rolling Stones Song: Actually a heretofore unknown power ballad left over from the Primitive Cool sessions. Keith adds his famous Fairy Dust to the track in a 12 minute studio session at NY's famed Record Plant. Jeff Beck sues for royalties.

2. Dr. Dre remixes his historic remix of Miss You. Eminem adds his own misogynist rap twist to the Puerto Rican Girls section.

3. Fatboy Slim remixes his Sympathy For The Devil remix.

4. Fatboy Slim remixes his Sympathy For The Devil (radio edit) remix.

5. A video of the power ballad Executive Produced by Martin Scorcese but actually outsourced to the cartoonists who did the Gorillaz videos

6. DVD Audio commentary by Martin Scorcese and Jann Wenner. They both agree it is the best Stones song since Exile On Main Street.

7. Fans who shell out extra for the deluxe Memory Stick version of the Dance Warhorse Dance! re-release are treated to a link where they can download a Keith Richards acoustic solo EP called The Great Hoagy Carmichael Songbook

4) Bill Wyman does not join the worldwide stadium tour. However, the C.SCOPE Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector wins exclusive sponsorship rights.

5) Despite a multi-million dollar offer from the Rolling Stones, Mick Taylor is unable to join the tour because he has just signed an iron-clad contract for a solo tour of Scandinavian bars for which he is paid in beer money. The Rolling Stones legal team sues Taylor for royalties over his cover of No Expectations at his live shows. The two parties settle out of court for a case of Tuborg Gold.

6) Forbes Magazine names Mick Jagger Financial Wizard of the year. Jagger is depicted in a front cover illustration spinning gold out of straw.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 2, 2009 23:15

Gazza, I think that your post expresses what thousands of stonesfans are thinking! Rock on!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: January 3, 2009 00:02

maybe the question is not what the band can do for us, but what we can do for them? ;-) I'm just trying to be not so selfish tongue sticking out smiley

> Mick Jagger finally opens the vaults and allows todays hottest European and NYC DJ's to remix the bands greatest hits utilizing the original multi-track master tapes.

the worst idea ever.
let them just have it their way.

Posted by: charlie-flower ()
Date: January 3, 2009 00:05

Please not play satisfaction,miss you,htw,brown sugar,you cant always get,etc... instead play We love you, have you seen your mother baby,high wire,winter,19th nervous breakdown,stray cat blues,factory girl,parachute woman,citadel,2000 man,down in the hole, some girls,and some chuck berrys numbers, etc.... beginn the show with around and around,route 66 and ending up with jumpin jack flash, we love you!!!

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: January 3, 2009 00:56

Rock like @#$%& superheroes.
Do it with balls , any song is ok but play it as if they were the greatest rocknroll band in fact.
Play , show their musical knowledge.
Be brilliant , amazing @#$%& awesome , be and play like rocknroll gods.

ROCK.

as never before , that simple.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 3, 2009 01:25

cbtaco19... that was gold.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:29

has the last tour not already passed.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: January 3, 2009 08:03

Personally I think the stones need to take a look at some of the stuff springsteen is doing. The cheesy request signs from his last tour actually ended up creating some of the most spontaneous shows in years, and would do wonders for a stones show, while the stones have a far more intense back catalogue, it would definitely keep them on there feet. Springsteen plays long shows that please his fans as well as himself. He seems to enjoy what he does, and shows far more sincerity in his work. Course, if the stones started taking requests, theyd be getting some over the top extremely obscure ones from people on this board.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 3, 2009 08:11

See....before ABB began we were all sure that the stadium shows were over. We were soooo confident. I know I was....and then here came the ABB tour and they did the same thing all over again.

Realistically, would they EVER change their format and ONLY stick to doing theatres and arenas (at the most)? Would that be possible at all?

Something tells me that they have to keep up their image of being a band that consistently sells out stadiums.

There's a lot of stuff we can wish they'd do...but they think they're doing fine. If it ain't broken...why fix it is probably what they're thinking.........

Date: January 3, 2009 08:14

cbtaco, that is the best.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 3, 2009 10:36

Justin
See....before ABB began we were all sure that the stadium shows were over. We were soooo confident. I know I was....and then here came the ABB tour and they did the same thing all over again.

Realistically, would they EVER change their format and ONLY stick to doing theatres and arenas (at the most)? Would that be possible at all?

Something tells me that they have to keep up their image of being a band that consistently sells out stadiums.

There's a lot of stuff we can wish they'd do...but they think they're doing fine. If it ain't broken...why fix it is probably what they're thinking.........

I'm afraid you are right. Jagger's so conservative and why to change a winning receipt? Perhaps they do not have alternatives in their mind as far as touring goes. And some of it is up to stupid competition they think they are involved. Jagger once said that it took them 20 years to fill up stadiums - it looks like changing the concept is a sort of sign of of giving up. An ego thing. Dylan should teach few lessons to this "pop band".

But what I'm afraid also is that the band was in an edge of musical collapse during ABB tour, and I don't think the band will be any better in the following one either. If the MUSIC matters in any sense to the band, they NEED to change the concept and remake perhaps thair attitude toward performing. They are not in a condition to act like thirtysomethings much longer. There will be a day when they ARE laughed out of court, and I don't like to wittness that day.

But Jagger knows that opinions like I have are in a minority - wasn't the ABB tour voted the "best tour ever" by this very site? That still amazes me.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 10:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 3, 2009 10:42

Show up.
Play.
Play well.
Play every show on the date it's scheduled.

Date: January 3, 2009 12:34

Please Keith, do not climb in a palm tree !!!!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 3, 2009 12:40

They should sign cd's after the show smileys with beer

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home