Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just a thought...
Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: December 30, 2008 22:50

I wonder what it will feel like when the Stones, for whatever reason, finally decides to call it a day. They´ve been around for such an incredible long time and regardless what one might think of the quality of the recent tours, the day of their retirement will without a doubt be a very sad one for many of us.

Re: Just a thought...
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:04

i used to think that way; not so much anymore. they've already done it all at this point and i've seen enough and heard enough from them...no complaints....oh, except for SOL, but i guess you can't have everything....

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:32

I will be sad when it all ends. They have been and continue to be a huge part of my life. I am hoping they are saving the vaults for retirement and we still get music for years to come!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:34

They will never ever stop.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:37

Baboon Bro
They will never ever stop.

they'll still be filling their coffers when they're in their coffins

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:50

It will be sad but on the otherhand I was lucky that 40 years ago I felt in love with the Stones not many peolple can say that as most bands last not longer then 8 years, and I still got my albums movies and pictures, and we have IORR only BV have to ad some links Mick Solo, Keith Solo, Charlie Solo and Ronny and the Faces and maybe a link for their grandchilderen-childeren

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 31, 2008 00:11

I don't want to be pathetic , but I miss them for 35 years already...

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: December 31, 2008 00:26

Amsterdamned
I don't want to be pathetic , but I miss them for 35 years already...

Same for me....IMO they retired already somewhere around the fall of 1982, which is 26 years

Date: December 31, 2008 01:26

Or they will organize a farwell concert for the boy's, can you imagine singing all together "You can't alway's get what you want"?

Date: December 31, 2008 02:07

God I hope not it wouldn't suit them!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 31, 2008 02:08

T&A
i used to think that way; not so much anymore. they've already done it all at this point and i've seen enough and heard enough from them...no complaints....oh, except for SOL, but i guess you can't have everything....

Same here. A couple of years ago, the very thought of the Stones calling it a day would have frightened the shit out of me, but now, as my general feeling that all is said and done is obviously shared by more and more longterm fans, I am prepared to let them go if they decide to do so...

If you love them, let 'em go.

Date: December 31, 2008 02:13

I agree with you too "slew" it wouldn't suit them in the old day's but I doubt it noweday's

Date: December 31, 2008 02:37

I don't like those tribute concerts. Other bands playing Stones songs does not work either.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 31, 2008 14:31

I can't see them doing a Last Waltz /Band final concert.
I'm not sure a "Farewell tour" - billed as such would be their bag either.Too show biz.
I think it will be just a gradual fade -out, I suspect the Chief Execs. at Universal must have some inkiling as to their plans.
Otherwise the release of SAL could have been a final bow.
I hope whenever it happens, it is with the general agreement of all concerned and avoids the usual public squabbles - from the Beatles downwards the industry is littered with some very unseemly bitchiness when groups have disbanded.
And of course, one hopes that the "finish" isn't determined by the death of one of the senior partners - that would be very sad.
It has to happen one day, its hardly the end of the world. People will have their own collections and the music will live on, though not I suspect for as long as The Beatles catalogue.
Though I'm sure the 60's and some of the 70's material will continue to be used for advertising and film music purposes so the Estates of Mick and Keith neeed not worry (or Allen Klein's for that matter).

Date: December 31, 2008 15:48

On the otherhand can they stop? how many are officially on the paylist of the Rolling Stones B.V. company?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:13

NICOS
On the otherhand can they stop? how many are officially on the paylist of the Rolling Stones B.V. company?

They recently closed offices in New York (Jane Rose) and London (Wandsworth) to cut costs down. Not a good sign, but it does not necessarily mean the end. It could, however, mean that the days of mega-money-grossing world tours are indeed over and that they are simply adjusting to a smaller scale (=smaller income, smaller shows, much shorter tours). We'll see what happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-31 16:15 by retired_dog.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:15

So where are their current offices, other than the Holland location.
C/O Universal in LA?

Date: December 31, 2008 16:25

Why not close all the offices and work from home and if they have to meet just go arange a location at the Hilton or to save some money they can go to the MacDonald

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:28

Forget it. They will never quit. Never.
In case you wonder why, just read this list:

OK?

Bjornulf

Date: December 31, 2008 16:36

I think you right BV why should they stop

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:46

Based on BV's list, and following the pattern, we should see a tour 2009-10...

Date: December 31, 2008 20:56

I don't think we will see any more mega tours

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home