Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Singers Who Can't Sing
Date: December 29, 2008 12:08

The Stones
keefriffhard4life
its funny all the axl rose bashing on here. what about mick jagger? his range/vocal style consists of yelling, whispering, howling, talking, and sometimes singing a note

Had this not been a Rolling Stones web site and we'd not been Stones fanatics we'd probably be dissing and laughing at the present day Mick Jagger. Simple as that.

thats true but mick was never a singer. he's a vocalist. thats 2 different things

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: December 29, 2008 21:30

Elvis Costello oversings on almost every single one of his tunes.

And Robbie Robertson's singing voice is more of a whisper, but his stellar guitar playing and songwriting make his solo records worthwhile.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 22:27

steven tyler-next

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 29, 2008 23:09

Keith Richards
Bob Dylan
Enrique Iglesias
Britney Spears
Spice Girls (except Melanie C.)
a lot of punk rock acts
etc.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 30, 2008 00:22

Well, I hate Madonna but she CAN sing! I hate Kayne, and he IS pitiful as a singer,( and as a Humane Being!) and sorry, but Celine CAN sing! You may hate her tunes, but she has a great range, just don't watch the faces she makes!! Too funny! Now Jack White is an example of a horrible " singer" and Ryan Adams right behind him!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 30, 2008 02:24

Hendrix singing is God Awful (IMHO)

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 30, 2008 02:28

theres so much Bullsh*t in this thread that I don't even know where to begin.

Posted by: Gimme Shelter ()
Date: December 30, 2008 02:30

Hendrix,Morrison, Jagger all are or were not the greatest singers, technically! but who cares about that when they transport so much love and emotion throug their music..

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 31, 2008 23:10

Hendrix
Morrison
Mercury
Lennon
Joplin
Hutchence
Elvis
Sinatra

...just to name a few.
These are singers, who in the present tense, cannot sing

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2008 23:53

They are right on with Madonna she has built her career on pomp not music and she has no place in the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 1, 2009 21:27

Bluz, man oh man, I have to disagree with most of your list!! ELVIS!? He had an awesome voice! Ever hear some of his gospel tunes?? Amazingly soulful voice! Sinatra, another wonderfully rich voice! Hutchence, another good singer, a better front man, I'll agree there. John had a very nice voice, a solid rock voice, IMO, and Freddie was like an opera singer! GREAT PIPES! I guess we just do not define singer the same way!

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: January 1, 2009 21:47

mickschix
Bluz, man oh man, I have to disagree with most of your list!! ELVIS!? He had an awesome voice! Ever hear some of his gospel tunes?? Amazingly soulful voice! Sinatra, another wonderfully rich voice! Hutchence, another good singer, a better front man, I'll agree there. John had a very nice voice, a solid rock voice, IMO, and Freddie was like an opera singer! GREAT PIPES! I guess we just do not define singer the same way!

Bluzdude said "in the present tense" they can't sing. True enough.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: January 1, 2009 21:50

There's a huge difference between singer that actually can't sing, and singers you don't like....

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 1, 2009 22:07

adotulipson
Kylie Monoge
Phil Collins
All the Spice Girls

Have you seen Kylie Minogue live? I have. She sings 100% live and very well indeed. No, she's not Dusty Springfield but she's very good. Actually, Mel C from the Spice Girls can sing too but I agree about the rest of them.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 1, 2009 23:23

BluzDude
Hendrix
Morrison
Mercury
Lennon
Joplin
Hutchence
Elvis
Sinatra

...just to name a few.

Talk about whistling past the graveyard...

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: January 1, 2009 23:48

Ladykiller
Keith Richards
Bob Dylan
Enrique Iglesias
Britney Spears
a lot of punk rock acts
etc.

Excuse me, but Keith CAN sing. Haven't you ever heard? Try it again!

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: January 2, 2009 02:21

Gimme Shelter
Hendrix,Morrison, Jagger all are or were not the greatest singers, technically! but who cares about that when they transport so much love and emotion throug their music..

Yes , no one should care about technique , these guys are amazing , hats off!

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: January 2, 2009 02:22

keefed
Ladykiller
Keith Richards
Bob Dylan
Enrique Iglesias
Britney Spears
a lot of punk rock acts
etc.

Excuse me, but Keith CAN sing. Haven't you ever heard? Try it again!

Yeah , and he's also the best bassist.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 2, 2009 03:49

Ladykiller
Keith Richards
Bob Dylan
Enrique Iglesias
Britney Spears
a lot of punk rock acts
etc.

a lot of punk rock acts That's the reason why they call it PUNK, can you imagine a Punk act with a Sinatra voice?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 2, 2009 09:54

mickschix

The story of my life...always someone who doesn't understand where I'm coming from.

Date: January 2, 2009 10:01

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude
Hendrix
Morrison
Mercury
Lennon
Joplin
Hutchence
Elvis
Sinatra

...just to name a few.

Talk about whistling past the graveyard...

Haha, winking smiley)

Date: January 2, 2009 10:29

< what about mick jagger? his range/vocal style consists of yelling, whispering, howling, talking, and sometimes singing a note>

Ye, like on Angie, for instance. Or Miss You. Continental Drift. Really bad singing. You must be joking?

Even though Mick has his own style (which many singers don't have), and uses that a lot on typical stones tunes, he has delivered more pearls than most rock vocalists, imo. The vocals on Angie are notes all the way. And range too. You don't have to have your nuts cut off to be a great singer winking smiley

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: January 2, 2009 10:58

NICOS

a lot of punk rock acts That's the reason why they call it PUNK, can you imagine a Punk act with a Sinatra voice?

Glenn Danzig had a very smooth, almost crooner-like voice, especially when he had just started his band Danzig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-02 11:01 by it's_all_wrong.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 2, 2009 11:45

" Sting can´t sing "

That was a cheap one,I know but couldn´t resist. grinning smiley

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: January 4, 2009 00:06

NICOS
Ladykiller
Keith Richards
Bob Dylan
Enrique Iglesias
Britney Spears
a lot of punk rock acts
etc.

I can, with even better voicespinning smiley sticking its tongue out That's why I liked Sid Vicious' version of 'My Way' a lot more.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 4, 2009 00:48

mickschix

Psssst. It's a joke! Blazdude's joke was that presently, in their current state...all of those singers can't sing...(because they're dead!)

Date: January 5, 2009 14:33

DandelionPowderman
< what about mick jagger? his range/vocal style consists of yelling, whispering, howling, talking, and sometimes singing a note>

Ye, like on Angie, for instance. Or Miss You. Continental Drift. Really bad singing. You must be joking?

Even though Mick has his own style (which many singers don't have), and uses that a lot on typical stones tunes, he has delivered more pearls than most rock vocalists, imo. The vocals on Angie are notes all the way. And range too. You don't have to have your nuts cut off to be a great singer winking smiley

they are notes but it isn't range. he's whispering on some parts and almost yelling on other parts. when he sings the notes in the song he never even comes close to leaving the octave he was singing in and i don't think he sang more than 4 different notes in that song.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: January 5, 2009 16:23

I'm a massive Stone Roses fan, but Ian Brown is the epitome of a frontman who is not a good singer. Very bad nearly all of the time when performing live.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 5, 2009 18:52

Frank Sinatra was a singer! Elvis Presley was also. Add the rest to 'Singers who can't sing...

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home