Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: THE NEXT TOUR STARTS JANUARY 2010 - YES, REALLY!!!!
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 26, 2008 02:27

have they ever started a tour in the middle of winter before?

Posted by: JOHN LLWL ()
Date: December 26, 2008 02:46

Loudei
The stones are done... last night I took a look at Shine A Light again. What a terrible experience that was musically. They are not worth the money anymore. Come on a 67 yearold Jagger jumping around and singing? Ridiculous... If they go back out they need transform themselves... more musicianship less posing and bullshit. And stop stealing our money Mick... you @#$%&.

Obviously you' re a Beyonce'-Rihanna fan.spinning smiley sticking its tongue outeye rolling smiley It 's ok, I understand.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 26, 2008 02:53

JOHN LLWL
Loudei
The stones are done... last night I took a look at Shine A Light again. What a terrible experience that was musically. They are not worth the money anymore. Come on a 67 yearold Jagger jumping around and singing? Ridiculous... If they go back out they need transform themselves... more musicianship less posing and bullshit. And stop stealing our money Mick... you @#$%&.

Obviously you' re a Beyonce'-Rihanna fan.spinning smiley sticking its tongue outeye rolling smiley It 's ok, I understand.

You have to love those Buns!!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 26, 2008 02:56

completely agree with loudei on this topic. as much as i love and adore them: they should stop touring. and yes, unfortunately keith cant play anymore. it's nothing to joke about or to bring up to sound "interesting". it's just a sad fact. his fingers, his body, his mind, his coordination....it's not completely gone...but almost. i personaly cant listen and look when i see those newer clips. and the sympathy solo of SAL keeps ringing in my ear....oh so painfuly!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 26, 2008 03:30

You want the Stones to cut back to about 6 guys on stage, yet Keith can't play any more.

So, what are the solutions if the Stones keep playing?

Ronnie and Blondie pick up the slack and forget about the 6 man Idea or We all hope that Keith really is immortal and will find his groove and play the way he did 20 to 30 years ago.

But wait a minute, this is all good, because those that think the Stones should hang um up can stop going to the shows and they can play slightly smaller venues and perhaps I can get a decent seat ot ticket for once.

Date: December 26, 2008 03:53

Solutions? I couldn't really say. Get a different producer. Become real artists again. Open up for inspiration and maybe catch a few memorable songs. Try not to repeat themselves like they did on A Bigger Bang. It's hard for them. They are a cooperation. Being in the artists mode you have to be hungry, starv and suffer. They are too rich, they are the rolling stones which now has become this brand name that stands for a larger than life stadium gig with a greatest hits soundtrack. Keith used to critize that on interviews. But to give us hope: Johnny Cash made some great records before his death, Bob Dylan did it recently. Discover another music from the world and mix influences up like they used to do so well.

Maybe they should take acid for a month heheh who knows.

BluzDude
You want the Stones to cut back to about 6 guys on stage, yet Keith can't play any more.

Ronnie and Blondie pick up the slack and forget about the 6 man Idea or We all hope that Keith really is immortal and will find his groove and play the way he did 20 to 30 years ago.

But wait a minute, this is all good, because those that think the Stones should hang um up can stop going to the shows and they can play slightly smaller venues and perhaps I can get a decent seat ot ticket for once.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: December 26, 2008 03:59

Niklas
There must be something I miss...I saw the film 7 times at the movies, and several more times on DVD. Keith doesn't play well? As for me, every riff, every fill is perfectly timed into the songs. Listen to She was hot, Some Girls, Just my imagination - GREAT. And when Start me up, Jumping Jack Flash and Tumblin Dice come along, he pumps his riffs out and is the driving force of the songs. And liste to his acoustic playing. As Tears Go By is incredible. And the bonus scene where he sits on stage when others work around him, if that isn't beautiful I wonder what is.

I just can't take comments like this seriously. The whole band is perfectly fit to do another tour, at any scale if they want to. And they would do it with the same great rock'n roll attitude as they always do. They are pros and they love what they do.

Yes, they are expencive, so either save the money for it or don't go. It should be fairly ease to decide when all someones got it complaining about more or less everything about the band. As for me, I'd rather see another show at any given date, than to moan about this and that and still livving in the so called golden years 69 - 74. How boring to be hung up in records made 40 years ago without finding joy in all thre great stuff they've made since.

Lot's of love from me to the boys in The Rolling Stones. Please keep on rolling!

You simply don't get it
Keith has a lousy guitar playing these days , any guitar player who can call himself a guitar player would say keith is shit.
no one wants perfection on a guitar player , everyone should go to concerts to listen to music(that's what they were invented for), not only "having a good time" ,which i think for some old farts means getting a beer or 2 , stay sitting on the chairs and admiring keith with no reason. having a good time in a RS concert is guaranteed , but i don't think the music played by keith is any good these days , the man almost doesn't even know who he is , doing some effort , he can hardly play 4 or 5 chords , and with solos , he always play the same , 3 notes that sound like shit.
The rolling stones used to be a great band many years before , now , they're just a big act that travels worldwide along Britney , Spice Girls , David Copperfield , Cirque du Soleil , etc....
They're just old-fashioned , listen to them , enjoy them as much as you can , but don't keep thinking they're still the best or they "rock".

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: December 26, 2008 04:05

BluzDude

As Andrew Loog said : 6 looks like too much guys in the band.
Fire those bastards!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 26, 2008 04:44

but i don't think the music played by keith is any good these days , the man almost doesn't even know who he is

what?? this is almost as stupid a statement as the extremists on both sides of the Mick T - Ronnie debate.

p

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 26, 2008 04:46

little queenie

well, maybe not really, as No Security was more or less an extension of BTB, with just an extra month in between from their normal fall -- off Dec -- Jan pattern.

p

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: December 26, 2008 07:47

It's a nice rumour. In case they are expecting less ticket buyers than usual because of the aftermath of the financial crisis, an arena tour would totally be plausible.
Still, the date of early 2010 raises the question on when there would be enough time to record some new material as a band unit. If there was no new album this time around, something essential would be missing.

Posted by: aerostone ()
Date: December 26, 2008 07:50

Keith can still play. . . period. . period.(.)

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: December 26, 2008 08:52

I'm all in favor of tour rumors! If they tour in 2010, it could be to support the Keith autobiography! He could do readings!

I ALWAYS have a good time at a Stones show...and "good time" doesn't really explain it well, but I'm too old to use the word "awesome." Well, there was that one time in Phili in the rain that sucked very much, but....

For me...they could play the same old songs and Keith can be off at times and Ronnie fall off the wagon and Mick can scowl at them both, and even Chuck hamming it up would be okay....I'm ready. But, right now, 2010 seems like a long way off.

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: December 26, 2008 09:30

JOHN LLWL
Loudei

I Would Def Tap Them Two.......

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: December 26, 2008 12:53

mexicostone
Niklas
There must be something I miss...I saw the film 7 times at the movies, and several more times on DVD. Keith doesn't play well? As for me, every riff, every fill is perfectly timed into the songs. Listen to She was hot, Some Girls, Just my imagination - GREAT. And when Start me up, Jumping Jack Flash and Tumblin Dice come along, he pumps his riffs out and is the driving force of the songs. And liste to his acoustic playing. As Tears Go By is incredible. And the bonus scene where he sits on stage when others work around him, if that isn't beautiful I wonder what is.

I just can't take comments like this seriously. The whole band is perfectly fit to do another tour, at any scale if they want to. And they would do it with the same great rock'n roll attitude as they always do. They are pros and they love what they do.

Yes, they are expencive, so either save the money for it or don't go. It should be fairly ease to decide when all someones got it complaining about more or less everything about the band. As for me, I'd rather see another show at any given date, than to moan about this and that and still livving in the so called golden years 69 - 74. How boring to be hung up in records made 40 years ago without finding joy in all thre great stuff they've made since.

Lot's of love from me to the boys in The Rolling Stones. Please keep on rolling!

You simply don't get it
Keith has a lousy guitar playing these days , any guitar player who can call himself a guitar player would say keith is shit.
no one wants perfection on a guitar player , everyone should go to concerts to listen to music(that's what they were invented for), not only "having a good time" ,which i think for some old farts means getting a beer or 2 , stay sitting on the chairs and admiring keith with no reason. having a good time in a RS concert is guaranteed , but i don't think the music played by keith is any good these days , the man almost doesn't even know who he is , doing some effort , he can hardly play 4 or 5 chords , and with solos , he always play the same , 3 notes that sound like shit.
The rolling stones used to be a great band many years before , now , they're just a big act that travels worldwide along Britney , Spice Girls , David Copperfield , Cirque du Soleil , etc....
They're just old-fashioned , listen to them , enjoy them as much as you can , but don't keep thinking they're still the best or they "rock".

I think that some people hear with their eyes... Close them and LISTEN! The licks Keith delivers are masterpeaces! It doesn't LOOK like he play much, but man, how it sounds is absolutely GREAT. Compared to the 70', he played a lot more for sure, but also a lot more mistakes. I love both worlds and I don't see why I should be stuck in an aera 35 years ago. I live now, and have the same attitude now as then. I enjoy what The Stones do. If any one are old farts it must be the ones who never get on with their lives and are just looking back at the "good old days".... We might disagree on which period is the best, but to say that everything they do nowadays is shit, is, to say the least, just plain stupid.
And I say this as a guitar player....

PS. And one more thing - why does so many people tell us that all that matters are money? Get over it. It's the same with all artists, not only the Stones. I haven't been to a free og even cheap concerts since who knows when.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 26, 2008 13:40

billwebster
Still, the date of early 2010 raises the question on when there would be enough time to record some new material as a band unit.

In 2009?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 26, 2008 14:53

Loudei
Come on... they are so many bands out there in the big game as well... The Dead didnt play the same songs two nights in a row. The Black Crowes play different songs everynight. This band only cares about making money. They have such a vast catalog to make it all so interesting. I wish they would play for themselves for just one tour instead of the masses and the millions of dollars... when they made hteir best shit they played for themselves...

No artistic integrity here... just money, money, money....and chcuk berry solos...HAHAHA

<<< I wish they would play for themselves for just one tour instead of the masses and the millions of dollars ... >>>

Well now THAT is most definitely a statement I can agree with. Having recently seen the three Who shows at the Indigo2 here in London (14th, 15th, 17th December), it does somewhat annoy me that the Stones haven't done - or don't do - this type of thing. These were shows primarily for hardcore Who fans and fanclub members, although ticket sales were "public" as well. They saw the band in a teensy little venue, where you could get up close and intimate, and they played as good a setlist as you could ask for, that unquestionably "did it" for most folks in attendance. To me, the Stones are becoming a little conspicuous these days by not doing things like this, which really n' truly amount to nothing more than a slight gesture of acknowledgement - even thanks - to their fanbase.

I really do wonder whether we'll ever see them just put all this multi million dollar corportate stuff to one side, just for a moment or two, and put on some shows such as the Who just did, saying "this is for us, and also for you guys out there that have been with us since whenever ......". It would be mighty nice to think so, but I gotta say, I'm not optimistic.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 26, 2008 16:45

little queenie

NO SECURITY!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 26, 2008 18:58

More Hot Rocks
little queenie

NO SECURITY!

OK, that'll do me then. If they've done it before, they can do it again !! Early 2010 it is then. Deal !!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 26, 2008 20:05

paulywaul
Loudei
Come on... they are so many bands out there in the big game as well... The Dead didnt play the same songs two nights in a row. The Black Crowes play different songs everynight. This band only cares about making money. They have such a vast catalog to make it all so interesting. I wish they would play for themselves for just one tour instead of the masses and the millions of dollars... when they made hteir best shit they played for themselves...

No artistic integrity here... just money, money, money....and chcuk berry solos...HAHAHA

<<< I wish they would play for themselves for just one tour instead of the masses and the millions of dollars ... >>>

Well now THAT is most definitely a statement I can agree with. Having recently seen the three Who shows at the Indigo2 here in London (14th, 15th, 17th December), it does somewhat annoy me that the Stones haven't done - or don't do - this type of thing. These were shows primarily for hardcore Who fans and fanclub members, although ticket sales were "public" as well. They saw the band in a teensy little venue, where you could get up close and intimate, and they played as good a setlist as you could ask for, that unquestionably "did it" for most folks in attendance. To me, the Stones are becoming a little conspicuous these days by not doing things like this, which really n' truly amount to nothing more than a slight gesture of acknowledgement - even thanks - to their fanbase.

I really do wonder whether we'll ever see them just put all this multi million dollar corportate stuff to one side, just for a moment or two, and put on some shows such as the Who just did, saying "this is for us, and also for you guys out there that have been with us since whenever ......". It would be mighty nice to think so, but I gotta say, I'm not optimistic.

The difference between The Who and The Stones, tour wise, is that The Who haven't played those big spectacular stadium shows The Stones do every 4/5 years since 1989. The Who have regularly played small venues since 1999 - not often, granted, but enough times. Two nights at Shepherd's Bush in 1999, Watford Colliseum in 2002, three nights at The Forum in 2003, the Indigo shows this year. They played relatively small venues in the US on this year's outing. Obviously, they have a smaller fanbase these days, and I'm sure they would play stadiums if they could still fill them, but they can't.

The Stones are a different operation. They ARE corporate and it IS about the money. And who can blame them? They're pushing 70. It gets harder and harder for them all to get into shape for a 2 hour show - especially Jagger, who has to carry the thing. They're going to want as much as they can get away with.

As for the Keith knockers et al - who really goes to Stones shows for the quality of the music these days? I go there to commune, in as small a way as possible, with a band who - on their best nights - are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world. I also go there to hear some of those great songs done by the wizards who wrote them. Yeah, they play warhorses. Yeah, they're not done as well as they were in 384 BC, but who can expect that? The shows are ALWAYS a blast. I've never had a bad time at a Stones gig in 26 years.

Roll on 2010. Or 2011. Or 2012. Or whatever, whenever. See them while you still can. Otherwise, go see Coldplay. I've heard they're supposed to be good, if you dig that sort of thing. Coldplay always reminded me of what polite people sound like when they fart.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 26, 2008 20:11

Please..............Are they going to roll Keith out in a wheel chair??????

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 26, 2008 20:25

paulywaul
More Hot Rocks
little queenie

NO SECURITY!

OK, that'll do me then. If they've done it before, they can do it again !! Early 2010 it is then. Deal !!

i'll go along with it too then. run along boys and get that album started! christmas is over - time to get back to business!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: December 26, 2008 20:25

Nikolai
paulywaul
Loudei

The difference between The Who and The Stones, tour wise, is that The Who haven't played those big spectacular stadium shows The Stones do every 4/5 years since 1989. The Who have regularly played small venues since 1999 - not often, granted, but enough times. Two nights at Shepherd's Bush in 1999, Watford Colliseum in 2002, three nights at The Forum in 2003, the Indigo shows this year. They played relatively small venues in the US on this year's outing. Obviously, they have a smaller fanbase these days, and I'm sure they would play stadiums if they could still fill them, but they can't.

The Stones are a different operation. They ARE corporate and it IS about the money. And who can blame them? They're pushing 70. It gets harder and harder for them all to get into shape for a 2 hour show - especially Jagger, who has to carry the thing. They're going to want as much as they can get away with.

As for the Keith knockers et al - who really goes to Stones shows for the quality of the music these days? I go there to commune, in as small a way as possible, with a band who - on their best nights - are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world. I also go there to hear some of those great songs done by the wizards who wrote them. Yeah, they play warhorses. Yeah, they're not done as well as they were in 384 BC, but who can expect that? The shows are ALWAYS a blast. I've never had a bad time at a Stones gig in 26 years.

Roll on 2010. Or 2011. Or 2012. Or whatever, whenever. See them while you still can. Otherwise, go see Coldplay. I've heard they're supposed to be good, if you dig that sort of thing. Coldplay always reminded me of what polite people sound like when they fart.

I her what you're saying. Seeing the Stones is better than not seeing the Stones.

But Keith's playing has seriously deteriorated and Ronnie is often too @#$%& up to play.

If Ronnie is clean and sober than the Stones could sound very good again if - and only if - Keith can subordinate his ego and let Ronnie always play lead. Always! Keith must stick to rhythm only. A sober focused Ronnie could tear up the lead on SFTD rather than what it has become.

I can hear it in my mind; it' great.

Ain't going to happen though.

Date: December 26, 2008 20:32

smileys with beer

So Nikoluai you go and get stoned, drunk and just scream " YEAH YEAH ROCK N ROLL!!!" hehehe thats funny man. For me and am sure for most of the Stones themselves there is no better music than live music. Music that can lift you up a couple of inches from the ground when is locked in . Am not a Keith knocker. LIke I said before , the man tells like it is himself, he tells the truth and his truth right now is that he has become a clown of his own image. Sorry to say it. How sad it is that you say that " they are gonna rake the money they can" wow you really sucked on that Pirate Sparrow thing. Hey is a free world ( in some places) go on, have a great communion. I still like music better. And the Stones used to make some great music onstage, hope it changes for all of us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-26 20:39 by Loudei.

Date: December 26, 2008 20:43

Wait a minute. I wonder why Blondie Chaplin is playing guitar more and more... hmmmmm I have to analize some possible reasons.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 26, 2008 20:54

I like this: "Jumping Jack Flash and Tumblin Dice". I find it hilarious that people put the g in Jumpin' and no g in Tumbling.

Date: December 26, 2008 22:08

Loudei
smileys with beer

So Nikoluai you go and get stoned, drunk and just scream " YEAH YEAH ROCK N ROLL!!!" hehehe thats funny man. For me and am sure for most of the Stones themselves there is no better music than live music. Music that can lift you up a couple of inches from the ground when is locked in . Am not a Keith knocker. LIke I said before , the man tells like it is himself, he tells the truth and his truth right now is that he has become a clown of his own image. Sorry to say it. How sad it is that you say that " they are gonna rake the money they can" wow you really sucked on that Pirate Sparrow thing. Hey is a free world ( in some places) go on, have a great communion. I still like music better. And the Stones used to make some great music onstage, hope it changes for all of us.

Not what I meant at all, but read it as you want, Loudnuts. The thing with you is you come across like a boiled bollock cynic, but you've got the romatic delusion that The Stones are actually capable of doing more than making the "highest grossing tour" lists. Creatively, I think they're pretty much a spent force. Have been for close to twenty years. But who cares, right, Loudone? It's only rock n roll and you like it, like it, yes you do!grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-26 22:09 by Nikolai.

Date: December 26, 2008 22:33

We are talking about music here. Not saying the Stones are bad theater and a bad party.

If watching them get your rocks off good for you.

Now on you calling me a cynic and someother shit ... go F yourself, Am not the only one that admits the facts about the stones music performance.

Highest Grossing tour? Big deal. Business wise they are the best no doubt...we are not talking about business dude.

I rather see Pulp Fiction than Titanic any day.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: December 26, 2008 22:36

Even if true that the Stones are mere shadows of their former selves, it still leaves them towering above most other acts today. When Michael Jordan returned to play for the wizards, he was no longer THE BEST basketball player in the world, merely one of the top ten in the league. An amazing accomplishment for any other athlete, but so dissapointing to the Jordan fans with their memory of him as superman. But he was still more than worth watching, unless you were hung up on waiting for him to deliver his best performance ever. Yes that was in the past, but the present version was still pretty damn good. Older Stones may not be what they once were, but it still makes the world a much better place than if there was no Stones. Legacies are for the dead, the Stones are still alive and still Rock.

Date: December 26, 2008 22:49

Loudei
We are talking about music here. Not saying the Stones are bad theater and a bad party.

If watching them get your rocks off good for you.

Now on you calling me a cynic and someother shit ... go F yourself, Am not the only one that admits the facts about the stones music performance.

Highest Grossing tour? Big deal. Business wise they are the best no doubt...we are not talking about business dude.

I rather see Pulp Fiction than Titanic any day.

Ooooooh, touchy tonight aren't we, sugar?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home