Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Can someone post pics from the No Security Tour?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 21, 2008 02:28

No Security was my favorite tour...could someone post some pics from that tour? Seems that there aren't too many floating around. There were always great shots from that tour with Mick and Keith in those black leather jackets and shades.

There's one pic in particular, I think, from Stuttgart (??) of Mick and Keith (in a purple shirt) standing side by side. It's a real great shot. Anyway...if anyone has this one or ANY other shots from this great tour...this guy would really appreciate it!

Re: Can someone post pics from the No Security Tour?
Posted by: aerostone ()
Date: December 21, 2008 02:33

Here are some of the best

[www.gettyimages.com]

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: December 21, 2008 03:46

The pictures of Keith smiling at Shepards Bush is awesome. He is just glowing. And, I love that redish shirt he has- real class. One of the final pictures of Keith and his wife PAtti- wow-one of the reasons why you become a rock star.

Posted by: aerostone ()
Date: December 21, 2008 04:35

No Security really was perfection... is this kinda energy still there?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 21, 2008 12:22

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 21, 2008 16:12

Nice link, erikjjf, thanks!

I remember this being the first tour that Keith was seen with the fishing tackle in his hair. Am I correct?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 21, 2008 18:31

I like that goofy blown intro of Start Me Up.

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: December 22, 2008 04:22

Wish I could but I don't have the skills yet. I have some really nice ones that I bought from an order form they were giving away at the merchandise stands. Anybody remember this? Anybody else order any?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 22, 2008 07:02

aerostone

[www.gettyimages.com]

does luciana morad look like bianca jagger or what??

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 22, 2008 12:28

little queenie

Yeah, and they both look like a female Mick!

Date: December 22, 2008 21:31

Thanks for the link aerostone...too bad they're all watermarked though... lot of great shots there.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 23, 2008 01:34

aerostone, thanks for the pics. Also, that video was wonderful. What show was this from?

And (not to you but to God or the ether) WHY WHY WHY did we not get an officially released video (or at least a bootleg in pro quality) from this tour??!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-23 01:38 by theimposter.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 23, 2008 14:51

little queenie
aerostone

[www.gettyimages.com]

and sort of like Janeane Garafalo too

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-02 14:19 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: December 23, 2008 15:22

Like the way Lisa is singing You Make a grown man cry after the solo! =)

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 23, 2008 15:28

sweet neo con
little queenie
aerostone

[www.gettyimages.com]

and sort of like Janeane Garafalo too

Eeewww. No.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 23, 2008 15:44

theimposter
aerostone, thanks for the pics. Also, that video was wonderful. What show was this from?

And (not to you but to God or the ether) WHY WHY WHY did we not get an officially released video (or at least a bootleg in pro quality) from this tour??!

because they filmed the San Jose shows and then decided they were substandard

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 23, 2008 19:29

Yeah, I knew they filmed those for commercial release. I am surprised that, at the very least, a bootleg never surfaced.

Does anyone know if any other NS shows were pro-shot?

Date: December 23, 2008 20:18

I think everyone here would agree that a "substandard" show from the No Security tour is something that is most likely something worth watching.

Date: December 23, 2008 20:35

It would be. However, Ronnie was rarely more AWOL at any time as a Stone than he was during 1998-99.

Keith's arthritis probably spread to his back and spine by the end of that tour, as he carried Ronnie across North America for three months.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 23, 2008 20:38

Gazza
It would be. However, Ronnie was rarely more AWOL at any time as a Stone than he was during 1998-99.

Keith's arthritis probably spread to his back and spine by the end of that tour, as he carried Ronnie across North America for three months.

the san jose shows had their moments and it was clear the stones had something in mind for posterity with the camera crew they brought along...but as evidenced from the extant recordings, on the whole, these shows demonstrate a band sorely in need of refueling....sad thing is that this was to be the last tour that we had a fully functional keith....

Date: December 23, 2008 20:42

Ah yes true Gazz...even in that clip above from chicago of Start Me Up...Ronnie seems a little..."loopy" but yeah Ronnie did seem a little distanced throughout that tour.

It's hard for me to completely confirm because I've only heard bootlegs and seen bootleg video from the shows...and never heard a proper mix of any show. The opening Oakland show was pretty great though and come to think of it...mainly I was struck of how great Keith was playing. So in a way, Ronnie wasn't even on my mind!

Date: December 23, 2008 20:43

theimposter
Yeah, I knew they filmed those for commercial release. I am surprised that, at the very least, a bootleg never surfaced.

a bootleg video you mean? Cant see why that'd be a surprise. That would take some degree of theft from within the Stones organisation - highly improbable that a pro shot video which had maybe been mixed and edited with a commercial release in mind would have 'leaked'.

theimposter
Does anyone know if any other NS shows were pro-shot?

all of them are pro shot for the in house video screens. Thats where most pro shots originate from.

Date: December 23, 2008 20:46

Justin
Ah yes true Gazz...even in that clip above from chicago of Start Me Up...Ronnie seems a little..."loopy" but yeah Ronnie did seem a little distanced throughout that tour.

It's hard for me to completely confirm because I've only heard bootlegs and seen bootleg video from the shows...and never heard a proper mix of any show. The opening Oakland show was pretty great though and come to think of it...mainly I was struck of how great Keith was playing. So in a way, Ronnie wasn't even on my mind!

My first trip to see the Stones in the US and my first ever Stones arena shows (I was at both concerts in Hartford). Two very good shows - the second night especially - but Ronnie was definitely still AWOL as had been the case in Europe the previous summer, and which would also largely be the case on their return visit a couple of months later.

Agree with Tod. Keith was superb on that tour. His last consistently great one.

Date: December 23, 2008 20:54

Gazza
My first trip to see the Stones in the US and my first ever Stones arena shows (I was at both concerts in Hartford). Two very good shows -.

Nice! Those two Hartford shows were my two favorite (and first) bootleg videos. Great videos...2 camera shot...fantastic picture and pretty good sound. That's the closest we'll come to a pro-shot I'd guess. You were at some good shows there, I'd say, Gazz.

As mentioned, this is Keith's last great strong tour. Though, I will say that this tour was the beginning of us hearing that noodling Keith does (including that one little lick that he seems to do every 2 seconds nowadays). I remembered hearing it a couple times then, and thinking... "hmm..ok...Keith let's not do that too much now....stop noodling and get down to playing rhythm...."

I had no idea what was to come in the future.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2117
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home