Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Truly Admirable Interview
Posted by: aerostone ()
Date: December 20, 2008 04:15

I dont think anyone could speak of the Stones more highly, a true gentleman, and a mutually respecting relationship between the two bands... A true gem of modern music

Re: Truly Admirable Interview
Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: December 20, 2008 04:41

I rate that performance right up there with Justin's Miss you!!

Date: December 20, 2008 04:46

what?? It's about as honorable an homage to the stones as you will ever find... rudeness won't get you anywhere in life my friend

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: December 20, 2008 05:08

Not trying to be rude.May be an honorable homage but did you listen to his voice??

Date: December 20, 2008 05:17

I think he was a touch scratchy for sure, but keep in mind he had just played an hour and a half opening set and was in the midst of a touring schedule. It wasn't supersmooth dave as usual, but it was good nonetheless, and he just speaks from the heart to boot. It's incredible

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 20, 2008 07:48

yes nice clip and nice that the guy is so blown away by close-up stoneage i can relate to the overwhelming privilige and excitement for him,,,

the band sounds particularly great and loose...mick is charming and easy and singing great. gits are laid back and rolling really pretty with a little sting,perfectly lovely and hot,,really nice performance.
but the other guy, not so much.

imo.

thnx for clip

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 20, 2008 12:00

This Dave M fellow is a total obscurity to me - I know him only singing duets with Jagger... remember listening NO SECURITY and thinking who the hell is that guy who destroys the second verse of "Memory Motel".. but that was nothing compared to the 'contribution' he does here with "Let It Bleed". Well, the facts about him are only a googling away, but as far as I am concerned I happily let him remain in obscurity (no matter how big he might be in America - I guess he must be something some sort of name over there because Jagger & co. recognize him, and give him such a room.)

Anyway, talks with a respect about the Stones - as he should be. But sounds awful, damn...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-20 12:02 by Doxa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home