Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Plexiglass Gospel, German edition: Verbreitet die gute Nachricht an die Deutschen: DIE PLEXIGLASS GOSPEL!
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 10, 2008 06:35

messiah.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-10 07:05 by BluzDude.

Re: The Plexiglass Gospel, German edition: Verbreitet die gute Nachricht an die Deutschen: DIE PLEXIGLASS GOSPEL!
Posted by: no spare yaps ()
Date: December 10, 2008 06:36

The plexi palvoja todella tarvitsee elämän, sillä hän on menossa pois syvällä päässä ja näyttää typerys, jopa monet tyhmät, hän seisoo ja on pilkattu. Hanki elämä, ihminen

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 10, 2008 06:49

Here is photographic evidence of one of the few times it actually appeared in its corporeal form in '75 . . .

I don't think so ... unless the Stones were playing the obscure songs "Gibson Les Paul Collection" and "Gibson USA".

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 10, 2008 09:50

as I said, THE PLEXIGLASS appeared in its then-nascent/early form which, as is the nature of such phenomena which cannot be properly described, to say nothing of understood, by us poor mortals, did not assume its current/final shape for 14 years, in 1989.

Do not doubt THE PLEXIGLASS.

P

Date: December 10, 2008 09:55

BluzDude
Wait a minute, could it be? that Plexiglass is the true...dare I say it....you know, the M word?

"There's another mule kickin' in your stall."

If speaking of me, I believe he meant Mule.

"Messiah? Eees not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy."

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-10 09:57 by timbernardis.

Date: December 10, 2008 10:01

On the other hand, if he meant THE PLEXIGLASS, as in, He Who Has A Name, this could possibly be correct, though it is more correct to think of Him as simply, Dominus et Deus or, put more directly, God Himself.

I must ponder the messiah question or perhaps, the messiah phase of THE PLEXIGLASS, if or whether such existed. A deeply spritual question. Requiring deep spritual reflection, insight, and finally, discernment.

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-10 10:02 by timbernardis.

Date: December 10, 2008 10:12

Charismatic cult leader, Plexiglass Fuhrer, Messiah, Mule ???

being the lowly, yet honored, servant that I am, I prefer the latter, perhaps a Beast of Burden to carry the word of THE PLEXIGLASS to the ends of the earth.

plexi

Date: December 10, 2008 10:15

Barn Owl
...respect for the plexiglass.

and respect for you, Barn Owl, O Faithful One. Barn Owl has consistently shown respect for THE PLEXIGLASS over the last two years, ever since the Revelation.

Blessed Be Barn Owl, he that walks in the sight of THE PLEXIGLASS. A way for us all to follow.

PLEXI

Date: December 10, 2008 10:18

no spare yaps
Damn Tim-plexi dude......you kinda need a GIRLFRIEND. Like, now.

Well, I tried, and failed, in Germany. So now I live the life of an ascetic, my sole purpose being to be an instrument of THE PLEXIGLASS to spread the Good News and His Word, unto the Germans and to all other peoples.

p

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 10, 2008 14:06

Tim ... are you OK ?

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: December 10, 2008 14:19

Soon he will be speaking in tongues...

Date: December 10, 2008 14:25

I think the dude is nuts, Myself. Here is the translation of the German:

You may have heard of cell phones? : zwinker
How, do you think we have done this song for song during the whole of Europe tour?

[AND THEN, TAKEN BY Lightning enlightenment, MY FIRST CREED AND THE BEGINNING OF WHAT WE NOW TRAnSPAREnT COVER THE RELIGION denominator:]

Posted by: timbernardis
I LOVE THE TRAnSPAREnT COVER, BUT I WILL NOT MARRIED!
(a la Pee Wee Herman)

Date: December 10, 2008 14:52

Here is a special setlist, just released. It will be a private concert with special guest Bill Wyman, just for Tim:

Plex Drive
Brain Fall down
Out Of Control
In Another Land
DownTown Plexi
Plextreme Western grip
Still A Fool
Child Of The Loon
Little P & G
This Head Is Empty
Slipping Away
Think I'm Going Mad
Dancing With Mr. P
When The Plex Comes Down
Worried About You
119th Nervous Breakdown
Plexi-Q
It's Only Plexi Glass (But I Worship It)
Plexi-Glass Flash

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 10, 2008 14:56

Mensch! Was geht hier denn los? Mussen wir alle jetzt Deutsch sprechen?

Date: December 10, 2008 14:59

gotta love that setlist!

p

Date: December 10, 2008 15:05

no spare yaps
I think the dude is nuts, Myself. Here is the translation of the German:

You may have heard of cell phones? : zwinker
How, do you think we have done this song for song during the whole of Europe tour?

[AND THEN, TAKEN BY Lightning enlightenment, MY FIRST CREED AND THE BEGINNING OF WHAT WE NOW TRAnSPAREnT COVER THE RELIGION denominator:]

Posted by: timbernardis
I LOVE THE TRAnSPAREnT COVER, BUT I WILL NOT MARRIED!
(a la Pee Wee Herman)

Your translation is faulty, and u do dishonour to THE PLEXIGLASS . . .

proper translation:

you may have heard of cellphones? smileys with beer

Du hast vielleicht von Handys gehört ? smileys with beer

How do you think we did this song by song throughout the Euro tour?

Wie, glaubst du, haben wir dies getan, Lied für Lied während der ganzen Europa Tour?

[AND THEN, STRUCK WITH BLINDING ENLIGHTENMENT, MY FIRST PROFESSION OF FAITH AND THE BEGINNING OF WHAT WE NOW CALL THE PLEXIGLASS RELIGION : ]

[UND DANN, VON BLITZARTIGER ERLEUCHTUNG GETROFFEN, MEIN ERSTES GLAUBENSBEKENNTNIS UND DER ANFANG DESSEN, WAS WIR JETZT DIE PLEXIGLASS RELIGION NENNEN : ]

Posted by: timbernardis (IP Logged)

I LOVE THE PLEXIGLASS BUT I'M NOT GOING TO MARRY IT!!!

ICH LIEBE DAS PLEXIGLASS, ABER ICH WERDE ES NICHT HEIRATEN!!!

(a la Pee Wee Herman)

tim from montana

the reference to Pee Wee Herman: I love my bike but I'm not going to marry it!!! this, from the Pee Wee's Big Adventure film

p

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-10 15:13 by timbernardis.

Date: December 10, 2008 15:08

Are you one of those crazy people?

Date: December 10, 2008 15:15

sorry, those two smileys are supposed to be regular smileys, not the one with the 2 beer glasses

cant seem to get the right one in there

p

Date: December 10, 2008 15:20

Have u ever heard of eccentrics??

Have u ever heard of off-the-wall for the fun of it?

Have u ever heard of BERKELEY ???!!!

More important, have u ever been there??

Having said that, all you disbelievers are heretical sacriligeous blasphemers in the sight of THE PLEXIGLASS!!

Plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-10 15:23 by timbernardis.

Date: December 10, 2008 15:26

Well, the problem is, its just not funny and its really lame. And, you seem kind of pathetic and idiotic. Like you have no life.

I'm sure in real life (?) you are an OK guy. I don't mean to offend, but the plexi stuff is getting old.

Date: December 10, 2008 15:49

Well, the problem is, u fail to accept it. There are enuf people on these boards who do like it and regardless, this is not a popularity contest, especially when it comes to religious belief !!!

Yeah, well, I guess Jesus is getting old and lame too . . . at least we have an alternative.

YOU are old and boring . . . and decidedly "normal" and middle class. If the Stones had ever worried about what people thought, they would never have gone anywhere.

Almost anyone on these boards, and lots of people have been, accused of having "no life." At least I am having fun.

FRIGGINPLEXIGLASS

Date: December 10, 2008 16:37

actually yaps, I have a suggestion -- if u don't like all this, just tune out of this thread

on second thought, don't, this is too much fun!

OK, Here is the complete English to German translation for the spiritual benefit of everyone . . . .

The Plexiglass of Charles Robert Watts, German edition

Das Plexiglass von Charles Robert Watts, Deutsche Edition

The context: Sept 21, 2006 – an IORR thread discussing the changes in the setlist at the fall opener in Boston.

Der Hintergrund: 21. Sept. 2006 ein IORR thread,der die Veränderungen in der Set-Liste in der Herbsteröffnung in Boston diskutiert

Re: Stonesdoug posts setlist
(Don't look if u want a surprise!)

Nicht hingucken, wenn du keine Überraschung möchtest.

Posted by: Gazza (IP Logged)
Date: September 21, 2006 03:19

lettingitbleed Wrote:

Lettingitbleed schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Um, how do they know the set if the show has not
> happened yet?
? hm, wie kennen sie das set, wenn die Show noch nicht passiert ist?

quite easily - reading it off Charlies plexiglass
? ganz einfach – sie lesen es von Charlie’s plexiglass

Its not an uncommon occurrence to have the setlist posted before the show takes place.

Es ist keine ungewöhnliche Erscheinung, die Set-Liste postiert zu haben, bevor die Show stattfindet.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain
J.J.Flash Wrote:

J.J.Flash schrieb:
Seven non-warhorses in a row to open ...

Sieben Nicht-Hits hintereinander zum Eröffnen

Posted by: GShelter

THE SHOW DIDNT START YET
DIE SHOW HAT NOCH NICHT ANGEFANGEN

lettingitbleed Wrote:

Lettingitbleed schrieb:
> yeah, but isn't this all speculative BS until the
> show actually happens?
> Ja, aber ist das nicht alles spekulativer Müll, bis die Show wirklich läuft?

No..its not.
Nein, ist es nicht.

Why does no one question
> this?
> Warum hinterfragt dies niemand?

because when its on that plexiglass it doesnt change unless there’s a problem and they have to drop a song or something

Weil es sich nicht ändert, wenn es auf dem plexiglas ist, ausseres gibt ein Problem und sie müssen ein Lied weglassen oderso.

Posted by: lettingitbleed (IP Logged)

Yeah, well we still are taking some random guys word for it. It just sounds too good to be true.

Ja, na gut, wir verlassen uns immer noch auf das Wort irgendeines Typen, Es klingt einfach zu gut um wahr zu sein.

[AND THEN, THE FIRST TRUE PROFESSION OF FAITH : ]

[UND DANN, DAS ERSTE WAHRE GLAUBENSBEKENNTNIS]

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain (IP Logged)

The plexiglass does not lie ... trust the plexiglass ... put your faith in its shiny, reflective surface

Das plexiglass lügt nicht… vertrau dem plexiglass…tu dein Vertrauenin seine blitzende spiegelne Oberfläche

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife

The plexiglass is our friend.
Das plexiglass ist unser Freund.

Posted by: wannaholdu (IP Logged)

The plexiglass don't lie

Das plexiglass lügt nicht

Damn good news!!

Verdammt gute Nachrichten!!

Especially Keith's numbers.

Besonders Keith’s Lieder.

brewcrew87 Wrote:
> just wondering- how would one post this
> information this quickly unless they brought a
> laptop with them into the show?

Laptop?

you may have heard of cellphones? [smiley]

Du hast vielleicht von Handys gehört ?

How do you think we did this song by song throughout the Euro tour?

Wie, glaubst du, haben wir dies getan, Lied für Lied während der ganzen Europa Tour?

[AND THEN, STRUCK WITH BLINDING ENLIGHTENMENT, MY FIRST PROFESSION OF FAITH AND THE BEGINNING OF WHAT WE NOW CALL THE PLEXIGLASS RELIGION : ]

[UND DANN, VON BLITZARTIGER ERLEUCHTUNG GETROFFEN, MEIN ERSTES GLAUBENSBEKENNTNIS UND DER ANFANG DESSEN, WAS WIR JETZT DIE PLEXIGLASS RELIGION NENNEN : ]

I LOVE THE PLEXIGLASS BUT I'M NOT GOING TO MARRY IT!!!

ICH LIEBE DAS PLEXIGLASS, ABER ICH WERDE ES NICHT HEIRATEN!!!
(a la Pee Wee Herman)

tim from montana

[Then, confirmation of faith ...]

[Dann, Bestätigung des Vertauens …]

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain

Right, we knew the setlist before they went on, I am just confirming it as each song is played and posted on Shidobee. For those who don't believe the plexiglass

Es ist so, wir kannten die set-Liste, bevor sie weitermachten, ich bestätige es einfach, während jedes Lied gespielt wird und bei Shidobee. Für diejenigen, die dem plexiglass nicht glauben.

Who dares doubt the Plexiglass!

Wer wagt es, dem Plexiglass nicht Glauben zu schenken?

[Then, the first pronouncement/preaching from me in my new role of High Priest and Holy Prophet of THE PLEXIGLASS !!!!!!!!!!] .......

[Dann, die erste Ankündigung/Predigt von mir in meiner neuen Rolle als Hohepriester und heiliger Prophet des PLEXIGLASS!!!!!!!!!!!]

PRAISE THE PLEXIGLASS!!

VEREHRE DAS PLEXIGLASS!!

BOW DOWN BEFORE IT!!

KNIE VOR IHM NIEDER!!

GRAVEN IDOL MADE OF PLASTIC

GÖTZENBILD AUS PLASTIK

tim from plexiglass, montana

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain (IP Logged)

I think I inadvertently helped start a new religion. There are worse things to worship, I suppose.

Ich glaube,ich habe aus Versehen eine neue Religion ins Leben gerufen. Es gibt schlimmere Dinge, die verehrt werden, vermute ich mal.

The Plexiglass (now referred to with a capital P) is the focal point of all life and existence. Without it, we are lost.

Das Plexiglass (jetzt in Grossbuchstaben) ist der Kern allen Lebens und aller Existenz. Ohne es sind wir verloren.
plexiglass, montana

Hey tim in Plexiglass, I knew you folks in Montana were alright!!!!

He, Tim in Plexiglass, ich wusste doch, dass ihr Leute in Montana in Ordnung seid!!!!

Bow down before the Plexiglass, the All-Knowing Plexiglass. Accept no false idols!!

Kniet nieder vor dem Plexiglass, dem Allwissenden Plexiglass. Akzeptiert keine falschen Götzen!!

Posted by: KWhinos

ALL HAIL THE PLEXIGLASS!!!

ALLES HEIL DEM PLEXIGLASS!!!

Posted by: leteyer

Never doubt the Plexiglass..

Zweifelt niemals am Plexiglass.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-10 16:57 by timbernardis.

Date: December 10, 2008 17:10

No, this is it. I will not indulge you anymore. Good luck.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 10, 2008 17:49

Hey Tim some spelling went wrong there...

>>DIE PLEXIGLASS GOSPEL<< should be der Plexiglas Gospel.
der would referr to the gospel.

referring to the plexiglass, it would be das Plexiglas

...and glass in german, is Glas, with only one s .

Date: December 10, 2008 17:51

It's "Plexiglas" not "Plexiglass". One "S"...
You should know how to spell the name of your religion.

[www.plexiglas.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 10, 2008 17:55

Plexiglass. Wasn't that the name of the Wide Receiver on the Giants who shot himself in the leg?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 10, 2008 18:03

Tim, I have met you, traded with you and I like you, but I do not understand this fixation for a wall of plastic with a set list scribbled on it. In days gone by the set list would have been written on a piece of paper and taped to the floor or a monitor, discussed before going on or done by rote. (McCartney had a Beatles set list taped to his Hofner) Would the 'religion then have been called 'Paper', 'Head' or 'Ad Lib'? Please explain as the deeper meaning you seem to see in it has completely eluded me.

Date: December 10, 2008 18:18

I think it's just a joke ...
one that has been worn out.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 10, 2008 18:19

schillid
I think it's just a joke ...
one that has been worn out.

Like a cheap rug.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 10, 2008 18:27

I don´t want to imagine what will happen when the plexiglass is forbidden because of -let´s say climate protection reasons.
All this shattered,shreddered plexi...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1234
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home