Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Four Flicks, The Biggest Bang
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 10, 2008 20:22

The opening shot of Twickenham, what's going on in that anyway? Has anyone ever noticed that it seems Keith is out on the stage (the faraway shot) and then the next shot is a closer one of him walking out and going into Brown Sugar? Same show, bad editing?

Posted by: rollingvince ()
Date: December 10, 2008 20:29

Hi Skipstone,

Yes indeed... I know they used images from a Amsterdam show a few days earlier.
No good editing!

Rolling Vince

Date: December 10, 2008 21:37

Shine A Light for me anyday!

Date: December 10, 2008 21:44

Wow. What did they do, screw up the opening filming of the Twick show? That's just...stoopid. Certainly they had more than one camera on it. So that's from Amsterdam Arena? And other shots in the Twick show are from...Wembley? Is that right? I can't remember where I read all of this - starting to lose track actually.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2008 02:33

Take a look at the Rio show Keith comes out with a real bounce in his step. This show took place prior to his fall. Then watch Austin the man has been slowed its obvious as he has trouble playing and singing at the same time. I am hopeful that he was in recovery mode but only time will tell. I saw three shows on the licks tour and was impressed with 2 of the three. The stadium show in Foxboro was the first stadium show of the tour and the band was a litte ragged. I then saw the two shows in the Boston garden in January and the band was on fire. I did not notice a big drop off in their abilities from the No Security tour. I do think that they did not play as well on ABB tour.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:33

It is true that both box sets are on sale at all BestBuy's in the USA at $14.99 each....sale runs through January 17 if you need an extra copy.....peter

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 31, 2008 09:25

The Biggest Bang is the 2nd worst storebought DVD in my entire collection. Just overall bad production with the lousy overdubs etc. The documentary has a few fleeting glimpses of decent footage but otherwise comes off as a bad late night infomercial plugging the tour. "Call this number for your tickets now" At least it was cheap so I don't really feel too ripped off, it's just one of the worst pieces of musical/visual product they ever put their name on.

(The worst is Sabbath's Last Supper where they breakaway in the middle of guitar solos rendering it totally unwatchable).

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 31, 2008 09:45

I feel like an idiot watching my favorite band go out there and play like that. They are done musically.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 31, 2008 10:51

Loudei
I feel like an idiot watching my favorite band go out there and play like that. They are done musically.

I concur.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: December 31, 2008 14:43

I too prefer FF to TBB.

1) MR and CYHMK on FF are both simply out of this world; nothing on TBB compares, IMO.
2) The FF documentary is fantastic, whereas the one on TBB does have a bit of an infomercial appeal, as one poster above aptly put it.
3) With all its overdubs and fancy computer graphics, TBB seems to be about hyping the band more than anything else. FF is a bit more honest, IMO.
4) Keith is sharper and more consistent, overall, on FF.
5) And, coming on the heels of FF, and using the same 4-disc format and covering many of the same songs, TBB also is a bit redundant, although the Rio footage is cool.

So I'd personally choose FF. I also want to heartily concur with Skipstone that you can critique your favorite band and still be a fan.

Happy New Year everyone!
Drew

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-31 15:14 by drewmaster.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 31, 2008 17:41

Drew summed it up nicely: FF>TBB.

Date: December 31, 2008 17:54

Alright, finally some people who get it. Critique but still be a fan. As if that's some kind of evil action eh?

Interesting that TBB seems like an infomercial compared to FF. I showed it to my girlfriend, who has also seen FF, and she said This is just a video of them bragging about what they can do, which they already did on the other one. They're just repeating themselves because they have a camera in front of them and because they can. And they sound awful on stage. They're not playing the songs, they're just imitating themselves. What are they doing? The other one is much better.

So obviously TBB is not giving any kind of impression that they would be worth going to see on the next tour. For some people, at least.

Posted by: mavorick ()
Date: December 31, 2008 18:01

I love them both.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home