Ticket Trader :  Talk
Here you can trade your tickets. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Have Londoners had too much of The Stones??
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 15, 2007 17:33

I can't understand why the London shows are not sold out. They are the smallest gigs - besides a tiny handful of club and secret dates - the Stones have played in London for ages. Have the band toured too much since 2002?
I've got a £165 ticket that I can't even get rid of for £120. Very strange.
Have Londoners had too much of the Stones?

Re: Have Londoners had too much of The Stones??
Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 17:52

Apart from the hardcore fans that subscribe to this site, the average rock fan looks at the ticket price and doesn't go any further.
Of course, the fact that they played London last year doesn't help!

Lee

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2007 18:13

Silver Dagger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't understand why the London shows are not
> sold out. They are the smallest gigs - besides a
> tiny handful of club and secret dates - the Stones
> have played in London for ages. Have the band
> toured too much since 2002?
> I've got a £165 ticket that I can't even get rid
> of for £120. Very strange.
> Have Londoners had too much of the Stones?

ONE of the reasons they're not sold out is unquestionably ticket prices, ANOTHER is equally unquestionably the policy that either the Stones/Cohl or Ticketmaster have adopted in order to sell tickets ... which can best be summarised as saying that they sell the crap up high and in the back first, and then little by little release nearer/lower/better seats as time goes on. This policy isn't unique to the Stones shows, you can see the same thing happening with other artists too, most noticeably PRINCE at this particular moment in time. I've seen better seats offered in early August for all of these Stones shows than what was originally offered back in March/April whenever it was ... EVEN taking into account the use of rs.com platinum or LEGACY codes, which to be perfectly honest is nothing short of scandalous. It makes one wonder what ON EARTH www.rollingstones.com exists for, other than to somehow generate money for whomsoever owns it, because in terms of providing a service of use to - and for the benefit of - FANS (usually defined as faster/easier access to BETTER seats than the rest of the posse) ... they provide absolutely NO SUCH THING.

Anyway, the bottom line is that 99 percent of the time there's no such thing as a truly 100 percent sold out show.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 15, 2007 19:22

Silver Dagger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't understand why the London shows are not
> sold out. They are the smallest gigs - besides a
> tiny handful of club and secret dates - the Stones
> have played in London for ages.

ages? You mean since 2003 when they played 2 stadium shows, 3 arena shows and a theatre gig? Theres only been two shows since then - the Twickenham shows last year

Have the band
> toured too much since 2002?

yes. its the same everywhere that gets frequent visits and where theyre charging silly money

> I've got a £165 ticket that I can't even get rid
> of for £120. Very strange.
> Have Londoners had too much of the Stones?

No, but maybe like most sensible people theyve had too much of having the piss taken out of them by paying twice as much as the rest of Europe every tour.

Fact is, with cheap airlines, you can fly to the continent, get a night in a hotel and see a Stones concert for less than what theyre asking for a half decent ticket for the 02 shows.

Not to mention the fact that even with a fan club presale you were still shut out of the front blocks.

Considering all that, its amazing theyve retained ANY sizeable audience at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-15 21:07 by Gazza.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home