Ticket Trader :  Talk
Here you can trade your tickets. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just a question
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 13, 2006 06:25

I have never traded tickets before so I want to ask this.I am gonna need two from either Italy or Spain(july dates).How can I know who to trust and second how do I know that the tickets I am gonna get are going to be in good seats(I am counting the price factor);.

Re: Just a question
Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 13, 2006 10:44

I have never been cheated once on this board or on ebay. I received all the tickets or met the vendor at the day of the concert. It always worked.
Be careful with apporaches outside of ebay. There are groups of people who see that you are bidding and try to approach you. Sadly to say it is mostly italian sources.

If you pay via paypal your are insured up to 500 Euro.
If you in doubt anyway just go to the concerts there will be loads of tickets available on the day. Try to bargain and you will get a good seat for a decent price.
Tickets for Italy and Spain are still available on the normal ticket outlets.
In italy they will send you the tickets if you're living out of the country. In SPain you should print out the last page of your reservation. Somehow you can getr those tickets with your credit card at a automatic teller.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 13, 2006 14:06

If I want to be sure and buy it now,how can I arrange the exchange of money and tickets so as to be sure.Do you have people here you trust?

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 13, 2006 14:27

Look it's easy, if you are so unsure if you should do it all, then you have to leave it. As I said, I have only good experiences.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: February 13, 2006 16:11

You have to trust the other person and they have to trust you.
If you are not prepared to do that then ticket swop wont work.

As for buying you can send money via escrow if the person selling is happy with this.

The money stays with escrow untill you receive the tickets.
There are of course fees to pay for the service.

Just besure its a legitamate escrow service, there are a lot of dodgy ones out there.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: February 13, 2006 22:14

If you are talking about.

"fos for all europen dates"

Registered less than half anhour before putting up tickets.

Not posted on that ID before.

Strange to have spare FOS for all dates in europe does not say how many tickets for each venu.

I dont know if I would buy from them.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: February 13, 2006 22:54

Maxx is absolutel correct in this sense.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 18, 2006 17:55

StratoGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never traded tickets before so I want to
> ask this.I am gonna need two from either Italy or
> Spain(july dates).How can I know who to trust and
> second how do I know that the tickets I am gonna
> get are going to be in good seats(I am counting
> the price factor);.

During the Licks tour I did several trades with people through this board, never had a problem.

Bought a ticket for Stade de France by making phone contact with the seller, met him quite happily at an arranged place in Paris before the show and exchanged money for ticket there and then.

Bought 4 tickets for one of the Twickenham shows off a guy in Holland. We never met, but we exchanged lots of e-mails and he proved his identity to me by directing me to website of the radio station where he worked. Once trust was established, I felt happy to send him a cheque through registered mail, and in due course he sent me the tickets. What was REALLY GOOD about this episode, was that in the UK Ticketmaster had made a mistake with some tickets and notified people to send in their tickets and they (TM) would then re-issue. HE obviously got notification from TM (not ME), so he kindly notified ME of what had happened, I returned the tickets to him, he returned them to TM, they re-issued them and sent them to him, and he eventually got them back to me. Now there's a good honest guy for you, he needn't have done that if he'd have been an @#$%& and/or a rip-off artist !!

More recently, bought 4 tickets for the Giants show on this tour, off a guy in the States. We exchanged e-mails, then phone numbers, talked, established trust, and then did the deal through PAYPAL. Again, I felt comfortable enough to pay him first, and sure enough he sent the tickets in due course through registered mail.

Bottom line is, make contact, establish trust. If you smell a rat, chances are your gut instinct is serving you well and THERE IS a rat invloved !! So far, I've only ever met straight people and had good experiences.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home