Ticket Trader :  Talk
Here you can trade your tickets. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

looking for thoughts on ebay Wembley tickets
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 1, 2006 21:05

sorry for posting this here, but i don't know if it would fit any better in the Tell Me forum:

have any of you good people got any experience with using ebay to buy tickets that won't be printed/sent out for several months?

i'm looking at a Wembley ticket (on the pitch, so it's assigned seating) from an ebay seller who's got a lot of good feedback, but i'm troubled by the fact that the ticket won't be delivered for several months. have any of you ever done this, and if so what steps did you take to minimize the risks of paying so far in advance?

it's my understanding that the various "buyer protection plans" that ebay and paypal offer all have very short time limits (like 30 or 60 days); and i checked out the ebay escrow scheme, and ticket transactions aren't eligible for it. but the fact that TM isn't sending out the tickets isn't the fault of the seller, so ... so is there any "accepted standard" for setting up the transactions in cases like this, so that it's (more or less) secure and fair for both sides?

share your thoughts! please and thank you and have some popcorn. :E

Re: looking for thoughts on ebay Wembley tickets
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 3, 2006 18:25

its commonplace for ticketmaster in the Uk not to send tickets out until only a few weeks before the date of a show

I'm in a similar boat to yourself...I dont have tickets for Wembley #1 (although if you need a £90 pitch ticket for Wembley #2, I can help you out) so I'm also looking on e-bay.

Posted by: rubytuesday ()
Date: January 3, 2006 19:14

Gazza,
I would like that ticket,is it still avail ?
what sec and row number ?

Ruby
x

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 3, 2006 20:48

thanks for the input, Gazza - i do understand that it isn't the seller's fault that the tickets won't be shipped until august.
so do you have any thoughts about what you'll want from the seller by way of assurance during the lengthy wait between the auction and the delivery?
and yeah, good question: what section/row have you got there? because it's Wembley 2 i'm looking at.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home