Ticket Trader :  Talk
Here you can trade your tickets. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

E-Bay Scam - Hershey and Giants Stadium Tickets
Posted by: RDP045 ()
Date: July 22, 2005 17:44

I don't know if anyone checks E-Bay or not for tickets but this guy has an auction listed for four seats, Section A-4, Row 2 for sale for $700 which is a two for one sale. The auction number is 6548113688. He is an unregistered user so E-Bay does not have his actual contact information on file and has no feedback either buying or selling anything.

It sounded too good to be true so I e-mailed him for more information. He only wants payment via Western Union and insists on using Square Trade which only limits the seller's liability if the tickets don't arrive to $200. He claims his boss has the tickets and they are in London right now on business and can't make the shows. He also has the same tickets for Giants Stadium for sale for the same price. I asked him to scan a photo of the tickets and e-mail it to me to prove that these tickets are real and he declined.

Be very wary of sending money using Western Union since it can be picked up anywhere in the world without any problem or identification.

Re: E-Bay Scam - Hershey and Giants Stadium Tickets
Posted by: RDP045 ()
Date: July 25, 2005 18:22

Here is the e-mail message he sent me regarding the tickets. If anyone is interested in sending this guy $700 via Western Union, this is how he is handling the tickets. Good luck.

Subject: 4 ROLLING STONES TICKETS GIANT NEW YORK EAST RUTHERFORD

Hi,
These are hard tickets.
The total price for all 4 ROLLING STONES TICKETS GIANT NEW YORK EAST RUTHERFORD located in SECTION 2 ROW3 is $ 700. All seats are together.
I sell them for my boss. He is from USA. Right now we are located in LONDON, UK with some business problems and my boss will not arrive in time that's why I'm selling the tickets for him. He bought them trough his company so don't worry the tickets are genuine. Beside this we will use a safe scheme.
We will use Square Trade to handle this. They will act like a 3rd party in this deal like Escrow.
We will use Western Union as a method of payment and Fed Ex as a shipping method.
Here are in few words the deal steps:
Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts eBay's Square Trade Center with the transaction details; eBay's Square Trade Center accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);
The buyer deposit the payment at a Western Union office. After the payment is deposited, the eBay's Square Trade Center will instruct the seller to start the shipping process. The seller has one business day to send the buyer and eBay's Square Trade Center the tracking number of the shipment. Buyer receives the merchandise and has five days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise.
If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller within three business days. After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact eBay's Square Trade Center with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the money from Western Union is retired after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If you decide to keep the merchandise you will provide the transfer details to the seller in order to pick his money. Attention: Sending the payment by any other method will void this transaction and your right to refund.
The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances. Square Trade security measures are constantly reviewed and modified given involving circumstances globally, drawing on both internal assessments and the support of government agencies. Their constant priority is for the safety of their people, their customers, and public. Square Trade always tries to fulfill its customers' need.
If you agree with my terms please drop me your full name and address so we can start the deal.
Shipping will be done trough Fed Ex overnight delivery and the tracking number will be provided as soon as shipping is made. It will take about 24 hours to reach your location.
Thank you

Re: E-Bay Scam - Hershey and Giants Stadium Tickets
Posted by: dhmagman ()
Date: July 26, 2005 01:11

yes I seen this scam befor..Sometimes they are selling the tickets to a third party anfd they are write like in broken English...I have seen this Many times and you Absolutely did the write thing..I like playing with these lame ass scam artists because they Think everyone is stupid..But they must find a pidgeon once in a while..Ebay is full of these scam artists,,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home