Ticket Trader :  Talk
Here you can trade your tickets. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Scalping/Touts on IORR?
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 17, 2015 17:10

Surprised to see tickets for $1,900 on iorr...thought that sort of thing was frowned upon here. Is it fair to say iorr is simply helping the scalpers/touts scalp us now?

Re: Scalping/Touts on IORR?
Posted by: mapz ()
Date: May 17, 2015 17:16

I'm pretty sure you are responding to my post of the A4, row 3 ticket for San Diego for $1,900.

I paid that much to "Platinum Seats" That is the face value of the ticket.

I hate to say it, but the Rolling Stones (or their promoter) are the scalpers:

[protected.tickets.com]

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 17, 2015 17:29

mapz
I'm pretty sure you are responding to my post of the A4, row 3 ticket for San Diego for $1,900.

I paid that much to "Platinum Seats" That is the face value of the ticket.

I hate to say it, but the Rolling Stones (or their promoter) are the scalpers:

[protected.tickets.com]

Mapz I totally agree I have posted quite a few times about this issue over the past few years. It crosses all levels in the sports or entertainment business. The promoters and sports teams are in bed with the secondary markets. Look around, how many stadiums or Arena's have Stubhub or Ace ticket renting space on the venue,s property.

The Boston Red Sox have used them to keep thier phony sell out record intact.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 17, 2015 21:18

I have noticed that a number of people have joined just to sell tickets by their own admission and also, when you check how long a seller has been a member of IORR, I have seen some that have only belonged for a few weeks. They may or may not be the ones with the high prices.

plexi

Date: May 18, 2015 01:35

Yes, those platinum seats do create bad feelings toward the band. That said...I've been a fanatic long enough I suppose I'll tolerate the abuse & love em anyway. Of course, due to prices I skipped the last LA shows...we'll see if I make San Diego this time.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:47

sdstonesguy
Yes, those platinum seats do create bad feelings toward the band. That said...I've been a fanatic long enough I suppose I'll tolerate the abuse & love em anyway. Of course, due to prices I skipped the last LA shows...we'll see if I make San Diego this time.

ya gotta go...you're right there!

Date: May 18, 2015 03:57

Hey Queenie...nice seeing you again!

Yeah, I hear you...but I just have to be able to justify (not just afford) the expense. The Foodbank can do a lot for $1,000...

Hope you're doing well. You know, it's tough loving the good seats...I can't go and be in the view section & enjoy myself...

You coming out for the Fonda gig?

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:21

agree to everybodies comments herealmost. I live in LA I only made 2 out of the what 7 shows last time including Anaheim? That's why I travel to see them it's way cheaper I can get a front row seat and hotel and plane for a grand to 1,200 they want 4 grand for San Diegoright now platinum front row look yourself it's just ridiculous the California rip off!! I rarly see them in LA anymore last time I did ever show in town was No Security that's when things started getting out of control for prices.In mapz defense he's right unfortunatly

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:27

Unfortunatly mapz is right I just pulled up platinum for san diego front row block 3 to boot and they wanted 4,077.00 per ticket on the stones site that's insane. That's why I travel to see them it's way cheaper because I live in LA I used to see every show in LA up to No Security is when they price gouging started the California rip off!! Good luck sdstonesguy! Good seeing you here to queenie!you hitting any shows?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1257
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home