Ticket Trader :  Talk
Here you can trade your tickets. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why Does anyone pay $450 per ticket?
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 13, 2005 14:36

I would not object to center section seats, rows 1-15 or so, being $400+; but to have Keith/Ronnie side seats in stadiums back through rows 20-25 being $400 (not to mention center section all the way back along the catwalk) is really a slap in the face. I don't understand who is buying these. I am a true fan, and I have enough money, but it just seems wrong to me. Instead, I bought the best $160 floor seats I could get for 2@SBC, Anaheim, Fresno, and Glendale. The Fresno seats are 5D, four rows from the second stage, and the Glendale are in section CCC, row 40 (first row in the back section of the floor, so I have an aisle in front of me).

I am not surprised that they have lowered the top tier price in many new venues (most of the arenas) below $450. In the meantime, what are they going to do with all the unsold floor seats in Pittsburgh and Detroit?

Re: Why Does anyone pay $450 per ticket?
Date: June 13, 2005 14:38

I did not finish my post. I am wondering whether others here think that many scalpers have bought $450 seats in the hopes of selling them for outrageous prices, that will be stuck with them. I would like to go to a few additional shows if (i) I can get good seats, and (ii) I can pay below face on those top tier tickets.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2005 05:06

I started a thread about this that recieved a lot of answers. Most people felt that the Stones are a bunch of money grabbing pigs that don't give a shit about there fans. $450 to see a band that can't play anymore and you here and see the same things as the last three tours. No thanks . I will watch it on HBO. The one thing about these guys is you know what is going to happen . Over priced tickets. A show with the same songs and so many people on stage to cover there ass while they pose through half of the show. Plus a TV concert. That sems to be the formula for the last several tours. Very predictable . Seen it all already a few times. I am taking a pass on this one. And just as an aside. If I want to take a date by the time you have dinner and see this show you will have spent over $1000.00 . For a Thousand dollars I expect to get laid BIG time for a date like that. As a matter of fact for a $1000 screw the stones. I can get a suite a a nice hotel with a bottle of Dom and still get laid and have some cash left over.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 14, 2005 07:37

For some of us a Stones concert is better than a nice hotel and a bottle of Dom and getting laid!

It's only Rock and Roll...

Date: June 14, 2005 08:03

I would say that a Stones concert is better than the hotel and the Dom.

Posted by: ShaDoobie ()
Date: June 14, 2005 19:40

I agree...it's obscene....but then an ounce of really good hooch costs 450.
That's why I buy commercial!

Posted by: tydallen ()
Date: June 14, 2005 19:45

HOW ABOUT PURCHASING $2500 WORTH OF TICKETS BECAUSE YOU ARE A TRUE FAN...HAVING AN AMEX. BILL IN FRONT OF YOU FOR $2,500 WITH ONLY TWO OF EIGHT TICKETS IN MY POSESSION....YEA THIS SUCKS IT IS OBVIOUS THE STONES ARE RAKING IT IN...I DID PAY $1,000 FOR TWO TICKETS IN MIAMI, I MUST BE AN IDIOT...I COULD BUY FOUR BEAUTIFUL HOOKERS FOR $1,000 AND HAVE A SANDWICH I WOULD REMEMBER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, AND HAVE FOUR FLICKS PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND AND A BOTTLE OF DOM IN THE FINEST HOTEL IN ATLANTA...WOW MAYBE I NEED TO GET ON MEDS MY JUDGEMENT IS IMPAIRED!!!

Posted by: johns ()
Date: June 15, 2005 05:31

I am willing to pay $450 a ticket for most of those being offered in that price range. Why? I find this to be a bigger adrenaline rush and better fodder for memories than other habits I had which turned out costing as much or more. For example, buying a new rather than a 2 year old used car. Buying motor toys, dirt bikes, ski boats, snowmobiles, etc. I've been there. I'll take the Stones at $450 a ticket any day.

Have I been burned? Sure. I plunked down $2,000 (face) for two tickets to the Hardrock Joint show (Nov 2002). The MGM Grand show the next night was sooo much better. (And I couldn't complain about anything re the Roseland, Olympia and Astoria shows--at just $60 a ticket.)

But hey, I now people who have to have a new car every year, have scored a lemon, and yet keep on lining up at the dealership.

My fix, the Stones. I'll take it.

Date: June 15, 2005 05:38

In the 7th grade, I attended a Stones show in January 1973 at the HIC Arena in Honolulu, Hawaii. I had a first floor side riser seat in the 7,000 capacity arena. ZZ Top (pre-Legs/Sharp Dressed Man) warmed up. The show was my first real rock concert, and it was so good that I can remember the set list to this day, and since then, I have been attending 15-20 concerts/year in an attempt to find one that can replicate that rush.

My ticket was $6.75 (no convenience charges)

Posted by: wiredguy ()
Date: June 15, 2005 16:50

Yes $450 is alot of bucks, but if the fans don't pay it the promoters would have to lower the prices. I miss the days of $75 main floor seats. One good thing about over paying for tickets is that it keeps the dirtbags away! In the high buck seats you have high class fans! Anyone who thinks the Stones don't sound good anymore on tour shouldn't be at the show anyway. I don't pay big bucks to see Cher, so stay home.

Date: June 15, 2005 19:37

Right. Rather than play 2-3 shows w/$150 floors. They play one show w/$350-450 floors/1st tier risers, and that's OK because only those that can afford it and true fans will go. Frankly, that sounds like the Three Tenors, or Barbara Streisand, not the Stones.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 16, 2005 12:33

This is all true. And discussions have been raised so often in this formum. What is the difference between Streisand or the 3 Tenors it's only the music you like. And don't think that Rock and Roll is only less expensive, because it's dirty, sex and drugs and .... whatever.
I do not know if the shows really are sold out very well. But if I try ticketmaster today, I get no seats or very bad seats at all depending on the concerts.
The worst thing about is is that ticketmaster still sells to companies like brokers which charge more than double or even 5 times more than the actual price. And it seems like that even these seats are getting sold at the end. This business should be totally stopped and be fined dramatically.
I think the Stones thought if they mark up the price the tickets on the brokers would remain unsold and given away at a normal price. But if you're travelling from abroad you would like to make sure that you have the tickets in hand or to be picked up.

Date: June 18, 2005 17:18

Well what can a poor boy do?

One thing he won't do is buy stones floor tickets!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 18, 2005 20:15

Leave that for the rich girls!

Posted by: stonedinseattle ()
Date: June 22, 2005 09:34

Well, I paid 551.00 for the VIP PLATINUM package for the Seattle show (this is a just for one ticket/package) through Ticketmaster. I have seen the Stones only one time and that was on October 15, 1981 at the Kingdome. My seats at the show in 81 were in the very last row of the 300 level, directly on the other side of the building from where the stage was. Mick and Keith looked like ants. Even with binoculars, the view sucked ass.

So when I found out in Mid May that the Stones were touring North America and hitting my town, I made a vow to get the best seat I possibly could and made the best out of it. Treat myself. My friends think I am crazy, and they may just be on to something.

over a 1/2 grand to see the Stones? I paid 25.00 in 81 for the Tattoo You tour.

Cheers,

Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-22 09:36 by stonedinseattle.

Date: June 22, 2005 10:42

I think it depends all on vision, being a fan and the value you are willing to spend. My dream was always to see the boys in North America. This time it becomes true. But it's a fortune I agree. I will do less shows in Europe, but what the heck. So far I have tickets which are less than 450.00 as the places like Seattle and Portland are up to 350 USD. OK it's not much difference you may say, but 100 bucks is the trainticket perhaps from Seattle to Portland or the accommodation with meals.
If the people in North America would not be willing to pay such high ticket prices and even higher with the brokers t if they could not demand it.
In Europe it will be only half the price or less. except good old England.
So either you go for the champagne weekend or you buy a Rolling Stones ticket.

Date: June 27, 2005 00:40

I am in London right now on vacation, and EVERYTHING is more expensive (like double the price) than the States. Everything EXCEPT Concert tickets!! What the hell is wrong with the US???

Date: June 27, 2005 07:43

drbryant theres nothing wrong with the US? How did you get that in your throat?
UK and especially London is very, very expensive even for European Standards. I have some friends living on the southcoast of London and sometimes (even living in pricy Switzerland) we do not know how English poeple in generela can afford England anymore? As when it comes to the salaries and taxes you'll be surprised about the average which is very low.
Observing ticketmaster and the brokers quiet close this time I have the feeling that sales are slower than they used to be. but I could be wrong. Especially for the brokers it might be ending as nightmare in they calculation.

Date: June 28, 2005 01:00

Hotels are incredibly expensive here in London. I hope that the brokers get burned on this tour. If fans want to sit close, I hope they buy fanasylum seats, but in any event stay away from the brokers.

Date: June 28, 2005 13:59

Actually if I would go this time with fan asylum it would cost me around 5200.00 USD per person for 6 nights and 3 concerts, not to mention the travelling expensis. For STockolm 6 nights 3 concerts two years ago I paid 1990 USD. So I do not know if that is also a bit out of range.
This time I bought the tickets for US myself and have except for Calgary row 7 more midrange tickets and spend already for 5 concerts the total amount of Stockholm. Fanfare for the poor Fan.....

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 3, 2005 13:15

a lot of people dont have 450 bucks to see the stones... first i did want to go to nyc, but i go to canada instead, moncton, general admission and relative cheap tickets smiling smiley i think i met a lot of true fans here, the people who are queuing for the stones to get to the front, not the ones with buckets of money to buy themselves in smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-03 13:17 by MononoM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home