Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vinyl Gang is Back!!!
Posted by: sparkle ()
Date: October 26, 2008 05:52

From Collectors Music Review:

"And in another opportunity for Stones collectors to whine and bitch (something they love to do), it seems that the Vinyl Gang label has been revived. Focusing upon updating their impressive and influential catalogue, the first release is a one disc title called They’re Really Rockin’ In Boston (VGP-020). This covers the July 18th, 1972 Boston show with the same cover as the old release and on a black VGP label. This is remastered over the old release which uses a different source than Jailhouse Rock (DAC-026) on Vinyl Gang’s other Stones label. Next week VGP will re-release Germany 1976 (VGP-023) and Rock ‘N’ Roll Animals (VGP-374)."

Re: Vinyl Gang is Back!!!
Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: October 26, 2008 10:38

Will DAC continue?

Posted by: Live! ()
Date: October 26, 2008 13:34

Original source [Redirect]

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 26, 2008 13:53

The japanese VGP is back? Grrreat! What are going to happen with the twin DAC, anyone knows???

Martín

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 1, 2009 18:47

Long live the torrent sites ;-)

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 1, 2009 19:23

VG was always kinda a strange animal, they could put out some of the finest gems and some of the biggest poop at the same time! But I guess at least they always were thorough in releasing everything they could find. There return is welcome.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 1, 2009 19:43

agreed scottkeef, vgp was and now is again a great boot label and i love collecting originals when i have some disposable income available, yes they are overpriced but there is something special about getting that package in the mail,and yes i do have my share of cdrs and dvrs as well but mostly from tours that are overbooted and every show is just about the same, hey if i were A-ROD all my stuff would be original

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:01

Yeah,we should not forget it was VG that first brought us the Chi 97 Double Door gig. AND although everyone put out St Louis 97(even defunct cdr label Boss Hawg had a very nice release) it was the VG release with the superb mastering that took the trophy!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:02

yes indeed

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 1, 2009 20:05

Sure it's not a fake like the new TSP vinyls? Anyway, it's always nice to have something new.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: February 1, 2009 23:24

But there will be no new VGP titles, the new ones are on DAC now as ever. Only rereleases of old titles.

And BTW:
The "new" rerelease of VGP-023 is now titled "All Along the Rhein River", has a new artwork but exactly the same discs (same matrix, same labels) as already the 2nd edition of "Germany 76" had. So apart from the cover nothing new here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-01 23:26 by midnrambler.

Date: February 11, 2009 00:42

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-02 12:25 by dcba.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 11, 2009 05:08

Where does DAC list the year that the title was released? With VGP they always had the release date on the bottom on back alongside the name.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: February 11, 2009 10:02

DAC and VG are same people. I just visited their shop in Shinjuku/Tokyo called Crazy Mamy last weekend
Yes, they have released interesting stuff, usually in nice packages. But what DAC released for the last years in almost nothing but re-releases. Their last valuable release for me was the 4CD Claudine outtakes.
These days I collect the more rare Tarantura (over priced abroad but - although very hard to get in Japan too/not that expensive - rare recordings, great packages, limited printed and usually very acceptable sounding recordings)
Also I like Mid Valley very much as Clapton specialized label Always great sound

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 11, 2009 10:26

I think DAC has released many good ones,like 81sbd´s and wizards of new york cd.
A few good 73´s,and all what vgp did lately was to release same shows over and
over again,like hampton-81 or AC-89,,,but now DAC seems to be going the same
road....
Claudine outtakes?? is that any diffrent to VGP´s place pigalle?(4cd´s also)

Date: February 11, 2009 11:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-02 12:24 by dcba.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: February 11, 2009 16:25

kees
Their last valuable release for me was the 4CD Claudine outtakes.

Kees, is dit hetzelfde als de Place Pigalle 4CD?
groet,
Remco

Posted by: kees ()
Date: February 11, 2009 22:32

Remco, sorry, ik dacht dat dit een DAC release was.... Dan zijn voor mij de enige interessante DAC releases de 81 soundboards (dit een vriend van mij in de US heeft gekocht en heeft verkocht aan DAC)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1041
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home