Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQUEST: Red House
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 28, 2008 20:58

Good day brothers and sisters.

I am looking for a copy of the Stones doing Red House at Stargroves in 1970/1971.

Any help is grealt appreciated.

Thanks

Re: REQUEST: Red House
Posted by: pancho1111 ()
Date: September 8, 2008 01:59

Somebody please.. cool smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 9, 2008 05:28

Is this the Hendrix song? If so, there's only about 25000 plus versions of this on the Web. Google Hendrix tabs and get busy. Jimi never played this song the same way twice. They even put out a disk and book on "Red House" some years ago with many ways to play it. You might be able to find this as a torrent DL.

Posted by: pancho1111 ()
Date: September 9, 2008 05:52

dmay
Is this the Hendrix song? If so, there's only about 25000 plus versions of this on the Web. Google Hendrix tabs and get busy. Jimi never played this song the same way twice. They even put out a disk and book on "Red House" some years ago with many ways to play it. You might be able to find this as a torrent DL.

Thanks dmay for your comments, I already have most of the Jimi perfomances of Red House, including "Variations On A Theme, Red House" disc, but Cafaro is requesting a Stones perfomance of the song, I guess I never heard it..

Date: September 9, 2008 09:40

My bad. I was thinking about Cafaro playing this song on guitar. I just re-read the message and realized he is looking for a recording of the song. I have never heard of the Stones doing "Red House", so I'm also now curious to hear a version of it by the Stones. Did they ever do any other Hendrix tunes? I think Mick Taylor played "Red House" at some of his gigs, but I could be mistaken about this.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 9, 2008 13:36

This one perhaps?

880126A 26th January: JOE SATRIANI. New York City, The Bottom Line
- Red House (Jimi Hendrix)
Line-up: MJ (voc)/Joe Satriani (gtr)/& others.
Note: The song was videofilmed.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

This one in Japan:

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-09 13:40 by Deltics.

Posted by: JasonO ()
Date: September 9, 2008 15:13

I only got a version of Mick Taylor from 9 august 2003 in Toronto.

[www.sendspace.com]

jason

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 9, 2008 16:51

I don;t think it is out yet. They did it for the Beggars-Exile sessions. In fact, I was reading an excerpt from Exile in which someone states that they brought tapes from England to France and included in those tapes was Shake Your Hips, Stop Breakin Down , and Red House. Nico's site also states that they recorded this song at Stargroves.

Date: September 10, 2008 10:11

FYI: There's a few torrents at Dime with Mick Taylor playing "Red House". One of them has Keith sitting in on a few songs at a Taylor gig in New York City. Taylor is also on an Eric Clapton torrent as the apparent opening act and does a version of "Red House" at this gig. Put Mick Taylor in quotation marks for a search on Dime and you'll find the torrents.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home