Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
REQUEST: NME Poll Winners Concert 1968 on AUDIO!!!
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 1, 2008 18:34

I know no videos circulate, but I believe there's audios of their two-song appearance...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-02 14:02 by Sleepy City.

Re: REQUEST: NME Poll Winners Concert 1968!!!
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 1, 2008 19:54

sorry no...

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 1, 2008 20:21

I have yet to find the video

Date: August 1, 2008 22:34

Cafaro
I have yet to find the video

But you have the audio?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: August 2, 2008 00:00

I have the professional video but will ONLY sell it with the plot of Alaskan rainforest that I am trying to get rid of!!

Date: August 2, 2008 00:06

An audio will do.....

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 2, 2008 11:40

DrPete
I have the professional video but will ONLY sell it with the plot of Alaskan rainforest that I am trying to get rid of!!

is it possible to post the video here?

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: August 2, 2008 12:35

Assuming that the guy has indeed got this I don't see what the incentive to post said "Holy Grail" video here would be.

Look at it like this to get hold of that video DrPete would have to be seriously driven and motivated and good at sourcing and networking with serious Stones collectors who have access to this kind of stuff. This video is ultra rare - so he's either had to sign a contract or at least give some kind of assurance to indemnify the source of the video against any kind of legal action resulting from dissemination of said video or the drying up of the original sources own contacts.

What would result from posting this video here would be at the least that DrPete would become a virtual pariah in the collecting circles he was in contact with, he might in a year or two's time have various writs appearing in the post and like at least one other collector I knew that tried to take a more liberal stance in his attitude to trading the experience becomes so unpleasant that you abandon all interest in sourcing this kind of material.

What I'm trying to say without (hopefully) sounding too pissy is that if you want to source this kind of stuff you need to work a little bit harder than expecting someone to post stuff as rare as this is on a fansite.

Date: August 2, 2008 12:47

I'm not asking for a video (because I don't even think it exists), just a cr*ppy audio (which I know exists)...

But I know what you mean about not posting very rare footage on here (there's no way I'm posting my backstage Palladium '67 footage on here right now!).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-02 12:49 by Sleepy City.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 2, 2008 13:08

I know what you mean but if this guy have the professional video, there must be circulating some boots of it.

Date: August 2, 2008 13:54

I would say that whether or not DrPete has this particular video, the fact that it exists (if indeed it does) does not mean that it it is going to turn up on bootleg video any time soon.

There is a whole slew of rare stuff that does circulate amongst a few collectors from the sixties and seventies in particular and is traded on a like for like basis and the thought of any of it ending up on bootleg is a complete anathema to them and as I said earlier also has the potential for legal consequences.

The backstage Palladium material is truly great as is the interview at Brian Jones's flat filmed by the same Italian TV team in January 1967, it was broadcast on the RAI channel but is now available from a variety of traders and is also on a bootleg DVD along with the excellent Moving North film which documents the band's tour of Scandanavia in '65.

Bu as posts here attest the majority buzz seems to centred on what the band is producing now as opposed to their output some forty years ago.

Just look at the number of views that posts on the SAL DVD receive as opposed to the number of views a thread like this will garner.

So as I said earlier not much incentive for anybody with rare material to post it on what is a fansite devoted in large measure to the band's current activities. If you really want this stuff and are prepared to put in the necessary time and effort you may well strike lucky but it will involve a lot of serious graft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-02 14:59 by mikey.

Date: August 2, 2008 13:59

I still don't think it even exists on video/DVD...

I did see an audio on a list about 20 years ago though, & this person seemed to know their stuff (unfortunately I've lost contact with them, hence the AUDIO request here).

Re: REQUEST: NME Poll Winners Concert 1968 on AUDIO!!!
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 2, 2008 15:55

The only time I dont trade stuff is when my source requests me not to(out of respect for them and not to ruin the source) but I dont go along with the "look what I have and you aint getting it without taking out a loan crap". True fans dont hoard things. The ultimate enjoyment is turning on others to the goodies we all love about our favorite band. And if you're not SELLING tv and/or pro shot material I dont think you have too much to worry about coptright wise just to let someone see it. IMO

Date: August 2, 2008 17:30

Yes I'd endorse what you say 100% ScottKeef and you're obviously attuned to the requirements of your source.

But I think you're opening up another discussion here as regards hoarding - that's something entirely different. The people I'm referring to here (including your source) are mindful of the fact that a lot of this rare stuff is traded amongst collectors who have worked extremely hard to unearth this material and don't want to breach faith with their sources or risk punitive legal action or risk their jobs, should they be working within the communications industry.

And no I'm not exaggerating and as I've mentioned before this site is regularly policed by people who are either very sad or working for interested parties who will happily inform on people they feel are putting out material for easy access which ultimately ends up being bootlegged.

Date: August 2, 2008 18:52

I see and appreciate your point,mikey. I guess some people cant stand someone else enjoying something without them making a buck! Its kinda like the Beatles purple chix releases(made and posted for free for the enjoyment of fans)-I saw Misterclaudel selling for max bucks on a Japanese site an exact duplicate of the chix Star Club 62 2 cd set. Now thats low-knowing that they got it for free!!

Date: August 2, 2008 19:47

Yup ScottKeef! Old Mikey here is nodding his wizened grey head in weary agreement.

Date: August 2, 2008 20:24

Just like to add(if anyone is interested) that according to IORR(Karnbach-Beanson)pp347 it states the performance was bcast in UK 5-18-68 on "Time For Blackburn"AND
"Big Beat 68". Why two shows?-just wondering. So I guess it existed at one time since the bcast was taped 6 days earlier-but if any one has it would be the BIG question, huh?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 2, 2008 20:30

Footage exists and a small snippet was shown during the 90's on a nostalgia quiz show called todays the day or something. It showed various bands from the event, including the stones. All I can remember of the short stones bit is that the sound was a din of distorted treble and screaming. It may not have been the actual audio, I wasn't so OCD back then or aware that it was rare.

Date: August 3, 2008 00:37

I can't believe that no-one here even has a rough audio of this, especially as it was circulating amongst die-hards (at least) 20 years ago...

Date: August 3, 2008 01:38

I agree,sleepy city! But i've never seen it on any trade lists. Tell you what,I do know one collector in the "if he aint got it,it dont exist(!)" category. at least thats been my experience with him. Hes on vacation but I'll try to check on his return and see what he has to say.

Date: August 3, 2008 01:40

scottkeef
I agree,sleepy city! But i've never seen it on any trade lists. Tell you what,I do know one collector in the "if he aint got it,it dont exist(!)" category. at least thats been my experience with him. Hes on vacation but I'll try to check on his return and see what he has to say.

Thanks very much!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: August 3, 2008 06:51

I think hes full of SOUP!!!!

Date: August 3, 2008 21:24

If ya mean me I had spagetti for supper!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 4, 2008 07:10

Sleepy City
I can't believe that no-one here even has a rough audio of this, especially as it was circulating amongst die-hards (at least) 20 years ago...

This clip - audio OR video - does not exist even in the highest of trading circles.

Whoever saw this on a list was mistaken, remembers it incorrectly, and/or it was a typo.

The whereabouts of this video IS known - and that is NOT in any collector's stash - It has been, and currently is, 100% unobtainable. Unless that person/entity goes through what would be an extensive and, still, currently worth less-than-the-effort-required-to-get-it process, it will remain such.

Take it to the bank.

J

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 4, 2008 12:02

Sleepy City
I'm not asking for a video (because I don't even think it exists), just a cr*ppy audio (which I know exists)...

But I know what you mean about not posting very rare footage on here (there's no way I'm posting my backstage Palladium '67 footage on here right now!).

As an incentive for someone to post the audio of the poll winners performance, why don't you post the audio of the backstage footage?

It seems a bit off to request something so rare and not post something rare yourself.

grinning smiley

Date: August 4, 2008 12:12

His Majesty
Sleepy City

As an incentive for someone to post the audio of the poll winners performance, why don't you post the audio of the backstage footage?

It seems a bit off to request something so rare and not post something rare yourself.

grinning smiley

OK I'll do that with anyone who has it...via snail-mail. That way the two of us can keep something scarce.

And it's a DVD, not an audio (I don't know how to extract audio from DVD, nor do I want to). I also have a very nice 1966 interview with Charlie, about 18 minutes long, filmed in his garden & in colour (stunning quality!).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-04 12:30 by Sleepy City.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: August 4, 2008 13:50

I think the backstage of Palladium is the video broadcasted at the Italian Television. The stones are interviewed in the backstage on the imminent italian tour and it's a B&W film. After the Palladium, they all move to Brian house and the interview continue. Brian plays at the piano in his house and Keith is on a sofa picking the acoustic guitar.

The Charlie Interview recently appeared on a DVD compilation which also includes few seconds of the 1964 UK Tour with the famous scene of Brian playing a Telecaster.

Date: August 4, 2008 14:01

straycat58
I think the backstage of Palladium is the video broadcasted at the Italian Television. The stones are interviewed in the backstage on the imminent italian tour and it's a B&W film. After the Palladium, they all move to Brian house and the interview continue. Brian plays at the piano in his house and Keith is on a sofa picking the acoustic guitar.

The Charlie Interview recently appeared on a DVD compilation which also includes few seconds of the 1964 UK Tour with the famous scene of Brian playing a Telecaster.

Yes that's the one, though I didn't know it was filmed at Brian's house (I was told it was actually backstage at the Palladium but I must admit I thought this looked a bit too lavish to be backstage as early as '67!).

Whatever, they or other scarce stuff are on offer to anyone who can supply an audio of NME Poll Winners '68...IF it's available!

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: August 4, 2008 14:13

No Sleepy, I was not clear, my fault.
The first part of the video is in the Palladium backstage. Later on, the group moves to brian's house.

Sorry, I've not the NME PW 68. Can't help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-04 14:32 by straycat58.

Date: August 4, 2008 14:25

straycat58
No Sleepy, I was not clear, my fault.
The first part of the video is in the Palladium backstage. Later on, the group moves to brian's house.

I'm still confused...To clarify, where was the footage of Brian playing piano & Keith strumming a guitar filmed, backstage at the Palladium or at Brian's house? Thanks.

straycat58
Sorry, I've not the Palladium 68. Can't help.

No-one has it, as they never went to the Palladium in '68...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home