Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BLINDS & SHUTTERS GENESIS PUBLICATIONS
Posted by: Elliott ()
Date: April 20, 2008 23:59

Hi,

I saw last week something wrong with Genesis Publications....

In 1993 I've got my first Genesis Publication BLINDS & SHUTTERS no 4091 SIGNED by 10 artistes !!!

Last week the same book no 4883 SIGNED by 11 artistes ! (the extra is Keith RICHARDS) ebay no 150234599785

All those books was signed in 1990 ! And some of my friends who have this book was signed by 10 artistes....

I asked Genesis I'm still waiting

Please have a look about your

Re: BLINDS & SHUTTERS GENESIS PUBLICATIONS
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 21, 2008 00:16

..I know one signed by 14 artists....!!

Date: April 21, 2008 00:38

Ok ! Why not but in this case this book have not the same value if I'll sell that on ebay for exemple....that's more a value problem.

But jp.M is your with 14 ? If yes YOU'RE A LUCKY MAN

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 21, 2008 04:22

I am not sure what you mean by "wrong". I have been a Genesis distributor for over 10 years and all the marketing material says the book is signed by at least 10 contributors which everyone is. Of course if you have more you are lucky although who they are is far more important than the quantity. You are correct in your assumption that the value of the book will vary depending on the signature combination you have.

Probably the most desireable signature available is one with Warhol. Although by the time the book came out he had died, the signature sheets were collected as the book was compiled and he signed a very small quantity. Keith / Clapton is a nice combo but there are quite a lot of them. I also have a Watts / Starr / Wood which is pretty cool. In several cases the autographs are worth the price of the book! It is all down to good luck.

If anyone is interested in selling any of the sold out titles please contact me on mattleeuk@gmail.com I will buy: Exile, Masons Yard, Crossfire, I-Contact and Tota deluxe.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: April 21, 2008 04:35

mattleeuk

sent you an e-mail re: Exile

Date: April 21, 2008 14:25

I have just checked the auction! It was a Warhol one! Elliot are you telling me you have a Warhol one but without Keith and you are complaining!

Keith would be a great bonus for sure but a Warhol signed so few and is the best (in value terms) autograph there is in any copy. You should be over the moon! There are so many with only sideline people, There are 1,000's of people that would trade you in a flash.

If you are unhappy I would more than gladly trade you!

Matt

Date: April 21, 2008 15:52

Hi mattleeuk,

No I don't have Warhol too !
You know I'm happy with this book but I was very *surprised* with some difference you could have.

You know I have 4 books from Genesis publications and when you pay a lot for that ...you want and wish the maximum that

But thank you for your good informations

Rock bless you

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: April 28, 2008 21:21

speaking of books....has the "EXILE" book ever been for sale on EBAY?...I have searched, but had no luck.

Date: April 29, 2008 12:02

Yes I saw this book *Exile* on ebay 2-3 times
the price was once 2300.- $ !

This book is great ! but Stones '75 tour (TOTA '75) is FANTASTIC !!!

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: April 29, 2008 15:54

My copy is number 2627, has 10 contributors incl. Bill.

Posted by: RichardHurrah ()
Date: April 29, 2008 19:15

Genesis Publications sucks. Photography has been invented to spread images (especially this kind of images which are more documentary than ART per se), not to put them in ellist/limited edition books. Tarlé is not Picasso, is he ? And even you can buy for cheap books with Picasso reproductions. I'd like to see the Exile pictures. I now know I'll never will as they are blocked by Genesis copyright and never will be published again. I though these photographers were working to archive moments in history for everybody to see. They were just working for their wallets. Disgusting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-29 19:16 by RichardHurrah.

Date: May 4, 2008 02:44

Richard,

I am afraid I don't agree. You actually answered your very own point in your own post. Tarle is not Picasso. Take that one logical step further. They won't sell anything like enough books at £20 (£10 wholesale) to cover the costs of putting the project together and earn a basic living. There is only a relatively small market and therefore the cost has to be high to cover all the fixed costs etc... "Postcards from the boys" which did have mass appeal, genesis later did as a regular edition c.£20 book. Interestingly rarity also provides the collector with value. You can easily get twice the release price of Exile after reading it, a £20 edition would now be on remainer at £5 and the copy you bought at £20 would be getting £2 second hand. High end books provide a possible way for niche interest titles to be out there at all. If there wasn't a way for photographers to make a living (which most of us do or try to do) then photography wouldn't even exist!

Posted by: RichardHurrah ()
Date: May 5, 2008 03:08

It's now official, the next Stones album will be a limited edition only, 2500 copies sold each for 1.000.000 euros (some will be signed by... we still don't know who will spend the time to sign them)
Don't even try, all copies are already sold.
For the lucky ones after listening you'll be able to make big money with this unvaluable collector on eBay.

Come on, this is not rock and roll and I don't like it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 6, 2013 19:31

RichardHurrah
It's now official, the next Stones album will be a limited edition only, 2500 copies sold each for 1.000.000 euros (some will be signed by... we still don't know who will spend the time to sign them)
Don't even try, all copies are already sold.
For the lucky ones after listening you'll be able to make big money with this unvaluable collector on eBay.

Come on, this is not rock and roll and I don't like it.

I happened to read this old thread, and thought about the Brussels Box. I suspect that the original poster was joking - little did he know what was to come five years later . . . ..

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 6, 2013 19:52

RichardHurrah
I though these photographers were working to archive moments in history for everybody to see. They were just working for their wallets. Disgusting.

I can ensure you that :

- the life of a photographer involves very little champagne and caviar on a daily basis
- the Exile book was certainly the very first time Tarlé made significant money from the Nellcote pix... Shall we blame him for this? NO!

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: April 1, 2013 03:15

For anyone interested here, I am playing with the idea of partying with the following:

Blinds & Shutters
copy 456 of 5.000, signed by:
Adam Cooper
Bill Wyman
Peter Blake
Spencer Davies
Eric Clapton
Perry Richardson
Keith Richards
Allen Jones
Terry Doran

Exile
collector edition
copy 1789 of 2.000

Mason's Yard to Primerose Hill

T.O.T.A.
collector edition

anyone interested please contact me privately.

Posted by: fandesstones ()
Date: April 2, 2013 05:27

Hi Dunhill, your email's hidden.....
I may be interested in the book...
Cheers....

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: April 2, 2013 10:28

Ooops, now it's public, but I'm writing you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home