Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine a light 2008
Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 23:17

Sorry, can't tell the links for a legal work (Zinhof is great ...) Just want to give you the set list, great sound : anyone of us is gonna buy it, anyway.

So here the words :
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese and the world's greatest rock n' roll band, The Rolling Stones, unite to bring the audiences the most extraordinary musical film event of the year. That's the day Paramount Classics, in association with Concert Productions International and Shangri-La Entertainment, will release 'Shine A Light,' a look at The Rolling Stones, the band that defined the very idea of what a rock & roll is, live through the eyes of Martin Scorsese.

Recorded in the autumn of 2006 at New York's Beacon Theatre over two nights, the album features a selection of live favourites taken from the band's huge catalogue of work. Included are guest appearances from The White Stripes' Jack White, legendary blues guitaristBuddy Guy and American pop singer Christina Aguilera.

DISC 1:
01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. Shattered
03. She Was Hot
04. All Down The Line
05. Loving Cup
06. As Tears Go By
07. Some Girls
08. Just My Imagination
09. Faraway Eyes
10. Champagne & Reefer
11. Tumbling Dice
12. Band Introductions
13. You Got The Silver
14. Connection
DISC 2:
01. Sympathy For The Devil
02. Live With Me
03. Start Me Up
04. Brown Sugar
05. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
06. Paint It Black
07. Little T&A
08. I'm Free
09. Shine A Light

Re: Shine a light 2008
Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: March 27, 2008 23:50

I don't like the sound... it's a mess, chaotic. It doesn't sound very intimate for a small venue/theatre. Paradiso recordings (ít's a smaller theatre of course) sound better, instrument-wise.

But then again, I don't like their live sound on Live Licks either.
It's their live sound on album these days, and I don't like it.

(that counts for other live recordings of bands too)

Date: March 27, 2008 23:52

But ...
where are : get up, stand up / Mr Pitiful & I'll go crazy ?
I for myself expected thelast one on their new release ...
Coming soon on another release or what ?
Hervé

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: March 28, 2008 02:53

hj3009
But ...
where are : get up, stand up / Mr Pitiful & I'll go crazy ?
I for myself expected thelast one on their new release ...
Coming soon on another release or what ?
Hervé
I think it's a bit difficult to include songs that weren't played at the Beacon...

Date: March 28, 2008 09:38

Sure, you're right, midnrambler. I'm getting a bit old and just forgot it was the Beacon Theater and not just another live CD from the Stones. Well, I mean, I though would have like another release with the songs I mentioned; or as a bonus ?
Cheers
Hervé

Date: March 28, 2008 14:39

Surprised by how much I enjoyed SMU, never a big fave of mine live. And hearing/seeing Buddy Guy and the Stones together is a personal highlight for me...two of my all-time favorites perform together is a thrill...to be immortalized on screen and disc for all time!

Cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-28 14:41 by Made In The Shade.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: March 28, 2008 14:40

Thanks for the tip hj3009, this set looks grrreat!!

Martín

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: March 28, 2008 20:00

Not my favorite live-cd neither: I miss the typical "seventies Stones sound". I am afraid that Richards is too far gone to play his instrument like he did in the earlier days. I don't like the Stones-sound anymore since they need 3 back-up singers, the synth of Chuck, 3 hornplayers.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: March 28, 2008 22:42

hj3009
(Zinhof is great ...)

agree, totally!!!!!

Date: March 29, 2008 05:31

there are clearly no overdubs, which is a first and a complete 180 from live licks, loving it!

Posted by: EdiSchwager ()
Date: March 29, 2008 10:54

If you want to listen to some streams - there's nothing illegal about that - try here: [shinealight.imeem.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home