Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: POST : Pro-Shot DVD ; Aux Abattoirs" Paris, June 1976 2DVD 7,18 GIG MPEG-2
Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: October 22, 2008 10:26

Just so you know, I finally figured it out. There were two problems. The first problem is the downloads on some of the large files, the ones with the actual video, kept finishing without completing, which took me a while to realise. Once I did, it took numerous tries on two of them to get them to download completely. This of course is not your fault, it was between gigasize and my computer/internet/whatever the hell was causing it. However, the second problem was caused by following your instructions and renaming the files. I renamed them after downloading them. I don't know if that was correct, but it's how I interpreted your instructions. Either way, naming them afterwards caused the files to be named twice, which breadfan pointed out (thank you kindly, breadfan). After reading what he said a few times, I finally thought to check the properties of one of the files and under the details tab I saw they how they were named twice. I deleted the unecessary bits of the name, including the .BUP/IFO/VOB parts, and ended up with just the VIDEO_TS or VTS_01_0 (whatever was correct for each file). Once I figured this out, everything was a go and I was even able to use my preferred burning program, NERO was not needed. Your instructions, at least as I understood them, caused me to "double" name them which made them impossible to burn correctly. As I was trying to get the previously mentioned files to download completetly, I even took to removing the part you say to remove prior to starting the download, instead of after they finished, and this automatically saved them correctly with no need to rename them later. Which leads me to the question, why do you even put ABP76 DVD 1 (or 2) in the filenames to begin with. As far as I can see, it's not needed and only complicates things. Is that something you need to do in order to upload them? If not, please stop doing it. If it helps anyone, this is the list of files I ended up with that worked:

DVD 1

VIDEO_TS
VIDEO_TS
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_1
VTS_01_2
VTS_01_3
VTS_01_4

DVD 2

VIDEO_TS
VIDEO_TS
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_1
VTS_01_2
VTS_01_3
VTS_01_4

If this is what I should have ended up with, your instructions do not make that clear. If you look at the above and think how the F---! did that work, then I can't say how, but they worked. Maybe you should consider updating your instructions, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem. I am saying all this with the utmost respect, and I, like others, greatly appreciate all the time, effort, and generosity you exhibit by sharing these wonderful DVD's with us. I'm just trying to help out anyone else who's had similiar difficulties in downloading them. Now that I know exactly what to do, and I have gotten a 1 month gigasize account in the process, I'm going to get the very nice looking discs you've uploaded of the '81 tour, which is the last Stones tour that has any appeal to me (and I know many others on here do not feel the same way, which for them is rightly so). Thanks again-Duke.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 22, 2008 12:02

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:15 by UrbanSteel.

Date: October 23, 2008 09:34

Ok, I can understand that, it makes perfect sense. You need it to keep track of what your doing on gigasize, and I did ask if it was something you needed to do to upload them. I see now that, while gigasize doesn't require it, it helps you stay organised. I apologise if any of my posts have come across as rude, but I was just so frustrated by not being able to burn this to disc. I was looking at another post of yours and I saw that someone had the same problem, that by re-naming them to look exactly like "the list of files you should end up with", he also ended up with "double-named" files like me. But I also noticed very few people had this happen, or at least took the time to post about it, so we must be in the minority. I have been coming to this site since 2005 and never personally felt the need to register in order to post any questions or observations, but my frustrations over this led me to finally do so. Either way, I really appreciate all your work in sharing these, I know how time consuming downloading is, I assume uploading must be similar. You seem to really care about this place and the community that has grown up around it, which I greatly admire. With this in mind, would you please consider adding something to your instructions to help those less knowledgeable not make the same mistake as me and end up with doubled file names. Perhaps you could change it and tell people to delete the uneeded part BEFORE downloading, or that the list of files they end up with IN THE FOLDER shouldn't have the .BUP/IFO/VOB included in the name, that when they add them to NERO, the complete and correct name will automatically show up (and when using NERO Burning Rom to select the DVD-Video option. Since I don't use NERO very often, and had never used Burning Rom, that took me a bit to figure out also). Also, once I had everything straightened, I was able to use my favorite software and did not need NERO. Again, from looking at your various posts, myself and others with this problem appear to be in the minority (at least as far as posting about it goes), so If you don't feel it's necessary I understand. But if you would consider it, I'm sure there are many out there who could use the info and would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for all these wonderful posts (even the ones I'm not interested in), and for your kindness and patience in dealing with my difficulties. I'm really enjoying the ones I'm downloading now that I understand how to do everything-Duke.

Date: October 23, 2008 10:29

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:16 by UrbanSteel.

Date: October 24, 2008 05:20

Hey again Urban. Thank you for asking, and I'm honored. I would be happy to try and come up with something a little more universal. Your English is fine, but a lot of times it's the little details that get lost in translation when writing or speaking in a language other then your native tongue. I think it's a couple of those little details that got left out that caused my troubles, but that is certainly not your fault. Do you have an e-mail so I can send you what I come up with instead of working it out on here? Thanks-Duke.

Date: October 24, 2008 10:54

X

Posted by: Fourchette ()
Date: January 2, 2009 01:44

Thanks 4 this Dvd UrbanSteel

Date: October 18, 2009 14:49

X

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: March 16, 2010 03:10

US is truly the man, and i too had some trouble w/these D/L's at first, but now i've figured out much of it, and am simply in heaven over the quality, and greatness of some of this stuff!!!

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: July 12, 2010 04:58

thanks

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 16, 2010 07:34

These files are unavailable now an am getting this error message

Unavailable File

The file your are trying to download is not available at this time. We are working to make it available again

Download Here ABP76 DVD 2 VTS_01_1.VOB
Download Here ABP76 DVD 2 VTS_01_2.VOB
Download Here ABP76 DVD 2 VTS_01_3.VOB
Download Here ABP76 DVD 2 VTS_01_4.VOB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-16 07:35 by coffeepotman.

Re: POST : Pro-Shot DVD ; Aux Abattoirs" Paris, June 1976 2DVD 7,18 GIG MPEG-2 , New Upload
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 18, 2011 02:21

repost dvd 1 please

thanxs

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home