Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQUEST: Any versions of Yellow Submarine
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 19, 2008 04:37

If anyone has any outtakes or alternate versions from the Beatles, I need for my young daughter. Anytime a 13 year old has an interest in anything other than hip-hop I'll gladly search. Thanks.

Re: REQUEST: Any versions of Yellow Submarine
Posted by: Bighead ()
Date: January 19, 2008 07:05

Try this forum.
[pennylane.forumup.be]
You will have to register to get at all the goodies.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 19, 2008 20:56

basically all there is for that track is alternate mixes that have been released. a stereo version , a mono version, a 1996 anthology mix and 1999 yellow submarine songtrack version

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 20, 2008 12:08

brian is singing thr backing vocals,,

Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: January 20, 2008 15:49

FYI: Once you register at pennylane.forumup.be, you'll get an email saying that your registration has been received. BUT, you can't access the site until you get a second email saying that your registration is now activated. Well, I've been waiting almost four months for that second email. I'm wondering if the site is basically inactive now. Anyone have any info about it? Thanks.

Date: January 20, 2008 20:16

mikeh
FYI: Once you register at pennylane.forumup.be, you'll get an email saying that your registration has been received. BUT, you can't access the site until you get a second email saying that your registration is now activated. Well, I've been waiting almost four months for that second email. I'm wondering if the site is basically inactive now. Anyone have any info about it? Thanks.

I checked it out myself and the first thing I saw was a banner ad splashing across the screen. Looks like the site is filled with ads and possible spyware.

Date: January 20, 2008 21:50

Thanks, The Sicilian, that could explain a few things.

Date: January 21, 2008 03:25

you can find beatles and other material by searching blogs as well though it is very time consuming you can try this link if you want
[blogsearch.google.com]

Date: January 21, 2008 13:58

There's also this site:
maccaspan.com/forum

You have to register, but it's quick and easy. This site has stuff from the Beatles, as well as solo material from John, Paul, George, and Ringo, and, occasionally, from non-Beatles artists.

And, you might try:
octaner.blogspot.com

Another great source for Beatles-related stuff. No registration required.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: January 22, 2008 14:49

"Both singer Marianne Faithfull and Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones were present during the recording of Yellow Submarine. They both contributed with vocals, and Brian Jones also contributed with sounds from chinking glasses."

This is according to a Beatles fans website.

Date: January 22, 2008 19:39

Wow! I'd never heard that. Hope it's true.

Date: January 22, 2008 21:11

here's a version labled as take 5
[rapidshare.com]

Date: January 23, 2008 00:58

Ghostryder,

A fantastic version with excellent clarity of backround sounds. Just played it for her and she loves it. I think you are converting a young fan.

For myself, I never really listened to it that way with the chinking glass and effects. Cool info straycat!

Very much appreciated for you efforts and all who posted. Thanks.

Date: January 23, 2008 11:41

you're more than welcome , i was around 13 as well when i discovered both the stones and the beatles

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: January 23, 2008 13:04

I consider Yellow Submarine with Obla-dee-obla-da among the worst songs ever. Nevertheless they had enormous success worldwide but still wonder how comes, apart the fact that they camefrom the Beatles and, at that time, every single from the Fab Four was top in the charts.
I have a copy of the single Yellow Submarine but only because Brian is in it.

Date: January 24, 2008 22:43

i still preffer yellow submarine over octopus's garden any day though

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 28, 2008 13:00

Hi!
There are also live versions from Ringo and Macca also did this live

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: February 1, 2008 19:41

straycat58
I consider Yellow Submarine with Obla-dee-obla-da among the worst songs ever. Nevertheless they had enormous success worldwide but still wonder how comes, apart the fact that they camefrom the Beatles and, at that time, every single from the Fab Four was top in the charts.
I have a copy of the single Yellow Submarine but only because Brian is in it.

Agree. Yellow Sub ruined the otherwise stellar Revolver. The only thing worse than Ob La Di is Maxwell's Silver Hammer, which ruined the otherwise stellar Abbey Road. Ringo said it's his most hated song ever, because Macca demanded a million takes.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 3, 2008 03:48

I haven't visited this site in a long while, so I don't know what's still available, but there was/is some interesting Beatles stuff here.

[eternosbeatles.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1443
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home