Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolled Gold STEREO MIXES?
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 28, 2007 03:16

I haven't heard the cds yet but I was wondering if there are TRUE STEREO MIXES on this set that are NOT included in any other package. The reason I ask is because EIL went through the trouble of indicating STEREO & MONO MIXES. For instance SATISFACTION is listed as MONO as opposed to GET OFF MY CLOUD & HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER ...in STEREO? Are we talking ELECTRONICALLY REPROCEDDED TO SIMULATE STEREO(or ABKCO STEREO) or are we talking the WIDE STEREO MIXES THAT APEARED ON THE 80S GERMAN & JAPANESE HOT ROCKS? COULD ABKCO ACTUALLY BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.. OR IS THIS JUST A WEAK ATTEMPT TO TRY TO FOOL STONES FANS INTO PURCHASING ANOTHER GREATEST HITS COMPILATION?

SOULSURVIVOR

Re: Rolled Gold STEREO MIXES?
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 28, 2007 08:12

i dont own it but have been told it uses the 2002 remasters with nothing new

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 28, 2007 12:23

No, there's nothing in stereo that wasn't available before. As ghostryder says they used the same versions as on the DSD/SACD remasters which means that even tracks like Satisfaction or Get Off Of My Cloud come only in mono (though they exist in stereo elsewhere). Quite dissappointing...

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: December 28, 2007 22:04

What they did get right this time, is the correct mix of Ruby Tuesday.

You may recall that the incorrect mix was used on the SACD's.

SFTD

Date: December 29, 2007 05:21

that's good to hear , was afraid maybe the tape of the original was ruined over time

Date: December 29, 2007 12:29

SFTD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What they did get right this time, is the correct
> mix of Ruby Tuesday.
>
> You may recall that the incorrect mix was used on
> the SACD's.
>
>
> SFTD

What do you mean with correct or incorrect mix?

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 30, 2007 21:38

Thanx people..Yes the new mixes os satisfaction and ruby tuesday were brutal..I fail to see why they just don't release the wide stereo mixes...I have a friend who has done work for ABKCO and it is implied that the record company likes to pick and choose what they release...Instead of putting it all out there and let us decide(like every other record company with a classic band from the 60s) they pick and choose what they want. ABKCO says that the songs were hits in mono and that's the way that people remember them...well ok following that logic..explain the tracks recently released in true stereo like HEART OF STONE,CONFESSIN THE BLUES,TIME IS ON MY SIDE etc....When pressed for an answer ABKCO replied; DID YOU HEAR THE STEREO MIX OF THAT SONG..IT BLOWS WAY THE MONO! I say that's rediculous!! you can't pick and choose..that's for the public to decide..TIME IS ON MY SIDE WAS A HIT IN MONO NOT STEREO..AS WELL AS HEART OF STONE>>SO THAT LOGIC DOES NOT APPLY!!!

In addition..ABKCO went through the trouble of releasing all the songs in MONO on their SINGLES BOX SETS which feature the original picture sleeves...So you see ABKCO ..You have all the MONO MIXES COVERED. No one is asking you to replace the MONO mixes( which YOU HAVE DONE FOR CERTAIN SONGS!) but merely offer the TRUE WIDE STEREO MIXES as an alternative .
We've been hearing them on the radio for years..and have gone through lots of money and time to track down copies of GERMAN & JAPANESE HOT ROCKS albums released in the 80s that contain these mixes..JUST RELEASE THE MIXES ALREADY!!!! ITS NOT A MILITARY SECRET..ITS JUST A MIX OF A SONG>>>

SOULSURVIVOR!!

Date: December 31, 2007 05:36

i often wonder if abkco even has the stereo mixes or unreleased material

Date: December 31, 2007 08:10

ghostryder13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i often wonder if abkco even has the stereo mixes
> or unreleased material

The stereo mixes they have for sure, they already released them on the first German London CD releases.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home