Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Flac Question
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: December 16, 2007 16:52

I have converted flac into wav or MP3 many times. But can and how does one do the reverse. I have a Dime account and want to upload in Flac. Forward thanks and seasonal greetings. Rock on.

Re: Flac Question
Posted by: pancho1111 ()
Date: December 16, 2007 17:02

With Flacfrontend program (freeware) you can encode or decode to flac, son now you want to encode to flac, you have one button in that program to make it..

be careful not to convert mp3 to flac!!, cause the file will be loosy, that is all frecuencies above +-16.000 Hz will be absent, and this is against dime or trading rules for flac.. before upload flacs you can check with some spectrum analyzer to see if you have all the high frecuencies there or not..

Date: December 16, 2007 17:18

Thanks pancho. I want to upload to Dime to raise my ratio. And I don´t want to be demoted. I recently uploaded my first post here on Hot Stuff. But it seems to be more complicated with Dime.

Posted by: pancho1111 ()
Date: December 16, 2007 18:07

Yes jagger50, is better to check the flacs before upload on dime or others, because if your files are loosy, your torrent w´ll be deleted..
but is not impossible to do, you only need to learn bit by bit all the usual procedures, I can help no problem
cheers!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 16, 2007 18:28

I love Dime, but be careful with what you post there. They're very persnickety, if not downright uptight, about how things get posted. You need to make sure your dates are correct, the files are marked properly, etc. Ask the mods at Dime for advice on how to make it all work. You can also build your ratio up at Dime by leaving your torrent client open and some shows you sense will be popular DL's marked for continual seeding. It's how I keep my ratio high enough at Dime. Good luck on your posting.

Date: December 16, 2007 18:50

Thank you both. dmay, my bit torrent client is Azureus. I keep it open to seed all the time I´m online. What do you mean by continual seeding? Rock On.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: December 16, 2007 20:10

Hi jagger50,

You can check Google or the "Forums/Links" section om DIME: [launch.groups.yahoo.com]

Argentino

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-16 21:46 by Argentino.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 16, 2007 20:23

Regarding your question about continual seeding, when I go off line or off of the internet, I close out only the browser I am using and leave my torrent client running so that it's either downloading or uploading, or both, even though I am not actively sitting in front of the computer doing something on the 'Net. This way, even though my DL has finished, the client allows continuous uploading of what I just downloaded. You have to take it on faith that, by leaving a connection to the Internet open, folks are only going to do a P2P hookup to the torrent they want and not do anything else to your computer. Having said this, I can tell you that I do an Ad-aware check of my computer almost daily and a minimal weekly scan for bad things. I hope this helps explain what I mean by continuous uploading. If you have any other questions regarding doing this, please post, and I'll try - or someone else, too -will try to answer them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home