Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Fleetwood Mac Live 1975 and Stones covers
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 14, 2007 21:06

Here’s a little treat – Fleetwood Mac live from 1975 with Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks shortly after they had joined the band and FM released the “Fleetwood Mac” album. That the new incarnation of the band was still rather unknown can be picked up in some of the comments by the band members regarding the just released album. They were opening for Procul Harum in this performance and, from what someone wrote in comments on this show elsewhere, Procul Harum apparently ended the tour opening for Fleetwood Mac.

The versions of the songs here are very good and the show is recorded very well. “Rhiannon” rocks, but “Landslide” is something else. It’s possibly the best version of this song I’ve heard. Hearing Stevie Nicks here brought back memories of how well she actually used to sing and what a great voice she once had. Lindsey’s no slouch either with great guitar work and a killer version of “Hypnotized” – which also has some great bass and drum work by John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, respectively.

As a bonus/filler, I’ve added covers of three Stones songs by Lindsey from the sessions for the unreleased album, “Gift of Screws”. His covers made me think about how much of the Stones catalog never gets played by the Stones themselves and would be a welcome addition to the Stones concert sets by fans in place of some of the same old songs heard a million times. The covers also made me think about how the Stones could rearrange their songs and not play them the same old way. I also now want an entire album of Stones covers by Lindsey after hearing these cover versions and his version of “I Am Waiting” on his recent “Under The Skin” album, but that’s me. Someone else may say his covers are sacrilege, crap, whatever. Each to his or her own….

These are wav files with the exception of the Stones covers. They came to me as MP3s and that’s how you get them. There’s no art work available. Please feel free to add some if you come across any or make your own.

As always, enjoy!

Station Man
[www.sendspace.com]

Spare Me A Little
[www.sendspace.com]

Rhiannon
[www.sendspace.com]

Landslide
[www.sendspace.com]

I’m So Afraid
[www.sendspace.com]

World Turning
[www.sendspace.com]

Don’t You Let Me Down
[www.sendspace.com]

Hypnotized
[www.sendspace.com]

She Smiled Sweetly
[www.sendspace.com]

Gotta Get Away
[www.sendspace.com]

The Singer Not The Song
[www.sendspace.com]

Re: OT Fleetwood Mac Live 1975 and Stones covers
Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: October 15, 2007 03:19

Great stuff. Thanks, dmay!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: October 15, 2007 05:48

thanks for posting this great stuff

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 15, 2007 10:53

Thank you so much dmay!

I really love Lindsey work and these versions are great! He has a lot of feeling!

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: October 15, 2007 18:37

Thanks a lot, dmay. I would have had no interest in this except for the fact that it came from you. I love it! It's great. Thanks again.

Posted by: Jota ()
Date: October 18, 2007 00:38

Great. Thank you.

Date: October 26, 2007 06:01

I missed the bus...Can these be uploaded once again? Thank you Daniel Son!

Date: October 29, 2007 06:43

I'll look for this on one of my storage drives and have it back up in a week or so. Okay with you, Mister Miagi?

Date: October 30, 2007 02:51

Me, I'm waiting so patiently... Lying on the floor...Thanks dmay!!!

Date: November 3, 2007 01:30

Since last posting I have listen to Going Home 513 times and counting!!! While I am still waiting patiently I now am thinking about sweeping the leg.

Date: November 3, 2007 07:42

Patience is a virtue. Sometime over this weekend I'll re-post the songs. My main computer died and I have limited access to another one...this one. BTW, "Going Home" is a favorite old Stones song of mine. I'll listen to it 514 times just for you so we're on the same wavelength.

Date: November 3, 2007 23:29

Grasscias!!! I will go now and do this jig-saw puzzle before it rains anymore,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home