Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

STRIPPED DVD - ENCRYPTED?
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: July 17, 2007 13:29

A D/L I got of this live performance DVD won't play. It might be encrypted in some way. The D/L came with no decryption instructions, but a couple of simple .txt files that accompanied the video files display stuff like

›âî©™·²\Q¶a™6:Ä ESÆm'(µªw¬†Åõ±ˆ25ë¢NíjL£6§1'™@@›âò©™·²\1¶a™:Ä %SÆI+Gx¬gç‰Åiя³Ï™,ø²øàaA:Ħ…SÆ URµ‚¬·ÆÅ'áÚˆŸ5ë?SNíÍ6<'™´€@›~†?²Œ³™,ø²øóßa!:ĦeSÆåÉT´‚¬g„ÊÅimRݍ<

instead of the usual plain English language. I suspect that the whole thing is encrypted. Can anybody confirm this, and if it is encrypted, can anybody recommend an effective decryption program?

BTW, using DVDDecrypt on the files, multiple "pack header not found" and "invalid IFO/BUP file" messages came up. This might provide another clue about the state of this D/L.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-17 13:34 by stonesman87.

Re: STRIPPED DVD - ENCRYPTED?
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: July 17, 2007 19:59

Hi Chris!

Don' t worry! Your requested DVD is on the way to you. But your living at the end of the world. So it will take some time from Europe :-)

Regards,

Rolling on

Date: July 18, 2007 00:49

Is that you Jorg? Well, thanks very much. Time doesn't matter much, as long as it gets here. I owe you one. Please keep trying to think of anything I might be able to do for you, and I'll see what I can do.

Posted by: neophyte ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:57

If anyone does know how to get this one to play please let me know, I'm downloading it now and the text files are as stonesman described.

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: July 18, 2007 21:03

Try using DVD decriptor or DVD fabDecriptor, both available at majorgeeks.com. You may also need dvd shrink.

Posted by: neophyte ()
Date: July 18, 2007 22:53

Thanks I'll let you know how I get on after downloading is complete - 53% and 1 week to go!

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: July 28, 2007 18:18

Hi Chris!

Sorry but I' ve lost your email-adress. Please contact me once again.

Greetz,

Jörg

Date: July 29, 2007 00:59

Hi Jorg, I've sent you an e-mail. Best, Chris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home