Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: Talking Heads covering SFTD
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 17, 2007 00:38

Mikeh posted this back in Dec 2006. It was from an LA club gig in Sept 1979. If anyone has this track, would you please repost it? Thanks!

Re: Request: Talking Heads covering SFTD
Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: July 17, 2007 02:03

I wish I could help you out. But, I no longer have that track--I deleted it. Hopefully someone else can post it. Sorry.

Date: July 17, 2007 04:38

Not to worry, I found it, but at lesser quality. Thanks for responding. If you want this one, here it is (128 kbps MP3): [www.sendspace.com]

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 17, 2007 19:35

I downloaded it some months ago from this site. It was an audience recording tagged onto the end of what I believe was a soundboard from an LA Club. I do not know if SFTD was from that show or even that year. But they do a nice job with it. And the crowd certainly knew what to do.

I don't know what bit rate the origical was, but I can post it at 320. Though the sound is limited as an audience recording.

I will post it this afternoon.

Date: July 17, 2007 23:51

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Date: July 19, 2007 00:56

Here it is. This came off a 'Live at the Stardust Ballroom' CD, but I do not believe it's from that show. Totally different sound from the rest of the CD, which is very good soundboard. This is definitely an audience recording. But a good version of the song. Some cover versions are done more 'tongue-in-cheek'. Listening to this, it's easy to believe the band dug the song.

Enjoy!

[www.gigasize.com]

Date: July 19, 2007 05:23

The file link isn't working. I got a file that was just 313 kb.

Tried copy/paste and got a message saying the file had been deleted.

Date: July 20, 2007 02:23

Let's try this again. Gigasize was misbehaving.

[www.gigasize.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home