Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Imporant Question Concerning Biggest bang,IORR, and copyrighted material
Posted by: Far Away Guy ()
Date: June 8, 2007 01:44

As many know there has been debate on the yet to be Unreleased Biggest bang track and that cannot be posted. I'm trying to understand this

For example, AC 89 was broadcast on PPV, at the end it states that it is copyright and it my not be "copied or sold for commercial or personal use. now, its well known that the pictular show is on the board as is many others. my question is, how is that any different from the unreleased BB tracks?

same goes for the unrealsed 72 Album. in 74, they owed decca one more album(which eventually became made in the shade) but Brussels/a 72 compilation was meant for an official release. but never happened

Don't get me wrong, You guys do AMAZING work on this site, im here every day and very thank full for that. im just trying to understand it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-08 01:45 by Far Away Guy.

Re: Imporant Question Concerning Biggest bang,IORR, and copyrighted material
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 8, 2007 01:52

The main point is to not post material that is available on official CDs/LPs/DVDs, or is soon to be released officially.
There won't be any Philly 72, Atlantic City 89 releases from the Stones camp...in a long time at least.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 8, 2007 03:04

Its pretty easy to figure out the 2.
If you can buy a hard copy of the music you are wondering about, it is wrong to post it. None of the Austin tapes you are trying to post would've shown up here without the Stones going to great lengths to record, mix and master it for release in 5 days(US).

The other shows you named are radio shows....made available to the public for free or a one time fee. The music contained in those broadcasts are live versions of copyrighted songs. The performance may even be copyrighted from public exhibition. But not from sharing.

Sharing live audience or radio recordings is free.
Circumventing an official release (that they have produced) through mass posting may cost the artist in the long run.

I'm quite certain anyone could post an audience version of Austin here and nobody would care, but not the official work of the artist before they get a chance to present it to us.

That is my 8 cents.

Posted by: Boarder ()
Date: June 8, 2007 20:13

The theory is quite simple: From a legal perspective, you would not even be allowed to post an audience or a broadcast recording. Even if you have made the recording yourself: the music belongs to the stones and they may decide wether they want to release it or not. The only thing you are allowed to do, e.g., is to record a broadcast for your own, private purposes, and also to make copies of that for your again private purposes, e.g. to give to your sister or the like. You now could argue that also posting here is somewhat private, since the audience is relatively limited. However, even this forum clearly exceeds the 'privateness', this is public.
In short, it is theoretically also illegal to post audience and broadcast recordings. In reality, however, it looks as if BV had either a kind of gentleman's agreement with the stones camp that they don't bother about the hot stuff site as long as there is nothing posted which has been released officially, in other words where the stones would loose money if we downloaded it for free. Or it is the general stones policy that they do not bother too much about real bootlegs, as long as noone else is making money out of it and as long as it is not an illegal copy or download of their official stuff.

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: June 8, 2007 21:08

Far Away Guy.
why you say 'Unreleased Biggest bang tracks' it's released officially.

We all can go and get it, so what's the problem.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 9, 2007 00:05

Boarder, I think you've described the overall situation very well.

The last thing we want is an edict coming down from the Stones camp via BV to cut out posting officially released material or else.

Posted by: Far Away Guy ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:20

rusty, im not sure where u live but its not avaible in the us yet

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: June 9, 2007 10:00

Europe,
have also to wait until 18 June but that's ok.
I'm a fan since 65 but it's better to wait another 1 or 2 weeks before HOT STUFF will be closed

Posted by: keith1978 ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:47

What about the Mickboy Remasters, freely shared 'round here?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 9, 2007 13:05

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 15:16 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 9, 2007 14:18

>> but its not avaible in the us yet <<

it's official material anyway, scheduled for release any day now, and it's purely by accident
that a few people have gotten ahold of it already.
maybe you'll find it easier to understand if you try looking at it from the point of view of the artists/label:
you invest tons of money in creating a product for sale, and then a couple of days before you get it on the market
someone else, without your consent, makes it available for free - i doubt you'd consider that cool if it were your product.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home