Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

KEEF BOX
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 3, 2007 21:42

Hi!
Sometimes I'm thinking about complilations and such stuff like trackorder etc. In this case now I have in mind a Collection of 4 Discs deticated to Keith Rochards.
CD1: all the official released songs on wich he takes the lead vocals on Stones records.
CD2: all live Stones tracks on wich he sings lead
CD3: Studio outtakes with Keith on lead vox (such tunes like "you're too much", "you got it made"...)
the fourth discs should be a DVD with live tracks from the stones on which he takes the lead vox, interviews about this topic (his lead vox) and maybe some documentary stuff why he is on the vox on "you got the silver" instead of mick...
please could you help me to find aources for all that. O.k., the official stuff is already done but you know, which tracks should i choose for the outtakes CD and wich are the best sources for unreleased live tracks...
Would be great if a lot of people would join in on this talk.
Thanx

Re: KEEF BOX
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 3, 2007 22:02

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 15:09 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Keith Box Set
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 3, 2007 22:18

well let's see ... there's miles and miles of stuff to choose from, so what are your criteria?
i mean: the official studio releases Keith sings/shares lead on won't fit on one CD anymore;
and i'm sure the concert renditions will be more than one disk as well
(especially if the project takes you more than a couple of months!)
outtakes ... do you mean just original numbers, or covers as well? only stuff he's done with the Stones,
or also stuff he's done on his own and/or with other cohorts? and so on.

Date: June 3, 2007 22:43

yes, if the stone starts rolling, who will stop?
The focus is on stones material, no solo stuff and no collaberations with others, perhaps there will be a project in the future about this. I'm also interested in the different views about this stuff. Only leadvocals himself or also shared vocals...this is the first hour and I've just started this topic
But it's a real serious idea of mine and I also hope that they will do songs on this leg of the tour they've never done (Losing my touch for example) Please bring in all your opinions and ideas and stuff.

"sleep is like a temporary death" bdylan06

Re: Keith compilations
Date: June 3, 2007 23:11

okay, thanks for narrowing it down to Stones-only stuff - that helps!
i'm a Chronological Order Enthusiast when i make compilations, so i'll start with a way-early one
in the shared-lead category: If You Need Me from the july 1964 Joe Loss Pop Show.
it was one of those "live in the studio" radio performances, and Keith's singin is just plain beautiful.
you can find it on several of those compilations of way-early stuff - for example Sister Morphine 42 (Live on the BBC)

in the studio outtake category, the earliest one is probably Sometimes Happy Sometimes Blue (november 66).
i've got it on ... hm, on a compilation i put together myself, but i believe it's also on The Black Box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-03 23:12 by with sssoul.

Date: June 3, 2007 23:38

Great start.
I'm also deeply interested in chronological order. To leave shared vocals alone (for example "memory motel", "anyway you look at it") on my list there are 20 tracks on Rolling Stones records on wich Keith takes the lead vocals ("coming down again" is counted although jagger is also very present). In chronological order it starts with "you got the silver" and it ends with "Hurricane". These are all studio selections. I think this is the easyiest and clearest part of the whole stuff.
I'm happy that this topic works quite well, thank you

Date: June 4, 2007 10:37

>> it ends with Hurricane <<

Hurricane was recorded in 2002, though, so the ABB tracks would go after it.
sorry you're leaving off the shared leads! but ... well, it's your compilation!

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: June 4, 2007 13:10

Hai guys,

Has this compilation been posted in the past through IORR?

Sincerely,

Urban Wheel

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 4, 2007 13:15

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 15:09 by UrbanSteel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home