Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Reverse Blues bootleg intro track request
Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: May 16, 2007 23:50

A girl named Carol Baker stole my first Stones bootleg, a vinyl called "Reverse Blues" with a reversed picture of Keith on the cover making it look like he's playing guitar left-handed. I'm looking for the first track which is a man saying, "When recording techniques were in their infancy music sounded like this" and plays a clip of an awful live recording of Gimme Shelter. Does anyone have this intro? I'd love to hear that again. Thanks.

Re: Reverse Blues bootleg intro track request
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 17, 2007 00:46

i't brussels/wembley 73 ..

the intro was on bedspring symphony

Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: May 17, 2007 07:26

Vancouver, Thanks, and yes Bedspring Symphony was rereleased as a double album called Reverse Blues with the 2nd album being from New Jersey 1978. Every other version I have of Brussels including Bedspring has the announcer edited out before Gimme Shelter on side 1 and Honky Tonk Women on side 2. I kinda liked the announcer and the Glen Miller bit but I guess purists want just the concert. I'd love to have the announcer spots if anyone has them. Thanks!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 17, 2007 11:35

Disc 1 is a copy (pressed from the original plates) of "East And West" (Excitable Recordworks 4508.1) which itself is a copy of Bedspring Symphony.

Disc 2 is a copy (pressed from the original plates) of "Slick" (Excitable Recordworks 4507.1) which itself is a copy of Out On Bail (the 1LP vinyl version).

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 17, 2007 20:55

That sounds like the announcer that Mickboy also used for the intro to his remaster of Jagger's Red Devils. It comes from a Readers Digest series of Big Band records & was the promo used for this series. We had a Readers Digest subscription way back & I remember getting the promo, I was still @ home so 1968/69 or so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home