Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 20, 2007 13:17

Check this one out Vancouver. Jimi sounds fantastic.

CD 1

1. Lover Man
[www.sendspace.com]

2. Hey Baby
[www.sendspace.com]

3. In From The Storm
[www.sendspace.com]

4. Message to Love
[www.sendspace.com]

5. Foxy Lady
[www.sendspace.com]

6. Hear My Train
[www.sendspace.com]

7. Voodoo Chile
[www.sendspace.com]

8. Fire
[www.sendspace.com]

9. Purple Haze
[www.sendspace.com]

CD 2

1. Dolly Dagger
[www.sendspace.com]

2. Instrumental
[www.sendspace.com]

3. Ezy Ryder
[www.sendspace.com]

4. Red House
[www.sendspace.com]

5. Freedom
[www.sendspace.com]

6. Jam Back At The House
[www.sendspace.com]

7. Land Of The New Rising Sun
[www.sendspace.com]

Edited 15 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-21 02:33 by terraplane.

Re: POST: Last American concert Jimi Hendrix
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 20, 2007 15:00

ok so is the ,,Jimi's performance on July 30, 1970 hawaii,,

i will compare the sound.,,with mine..

Date: April 20, 2007 15:03

1st show
Spanish Castle Magic
Lover Man
Hey Baby (The Land Of The New Rising Sun)# »
In From The Storm
Message To Love
Foxy Lady
Hear My Train A Comin'
Voodoo Child (slight return) »drum solo »
Fire
Purple Haze
2nd show
Dolly Dagger# »
Villanova Junction »
Ezy Ryder
Red House
Freedom
Beginning# »
Straight Ahead
Hey Baby (The Land Of The New Rising Sun) (intro only) »
Keep On Groovin' »
Race With The Devil » drum solo »
Stone Free « Hey Joe
video: silent 16mm, in colour, 16 minutes, excellent quality (11-13)
video: silent 16mm, in colour, Strange Day In Maui videogram by Duff Hendrickson; 16 minutes, excellent quality
audio: soundboard recording, 105 minutes, excellent quality (1-21) (drums overdubbed by Mitch at Electric Lady)
audio: soundboard recording for the "Last American Concert" bootleg; 40 minutes, excellent quality (3,4,7,8,6,14,13,10)
audio: soundboard recording including an introduction by a tape engineer; 30 minutes, excellent quality (16#,17,18, 19,20, 11#,12,15#,21#) (with original recording of Mitch's drums that are very weak in the mix)
audio: audience recording from the "Incident At Rainbow Bridge" bootleg, complete versions; 40 minutes, very good quality (3#,7,14,16,17)

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: April 20, 2007 16:38

Is this the same as the July 30 1970 Maui Rainbow Bridge import (2 CD)?

Date: April 20, 2007 23:45

I'm not sure got this as a download. Don't have details. Track listing looks the same as what Vancouver has written with the exception of no 'Spanish Castle Magic' from CD 1 and 'Hey Baby' being the last track from CD 2.

I also have the Rainbow Bridge concert you mention but I have never compared them.

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: April 21, 2007 02:11

Do you have Fire from CD 1?

Date: April 21, 2007 02:34

Last track added. ENJOY the heavy voodoo!

Date: April 22, 2007 12:11

[www.sendspace.com]

JH July 30 70-Spoken intro by bootleger. ripped from vinyl.mp3

[www.sendspace.com]

JHJuly 30 70 Stone Free-Hey Joe.mp3

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:48

terraplane
I'm not sure got this as a download. Don't have details. Track listing looks the same as what Vancouver has written with the exception of no 'Spanish Castle Magic' from CD 1 and 'Hey Baby' being the last track from CD 2.

I also have the Rainbow Bridge concert you mention but I have never compared them.

This show is from Swingin' Pig's "Last American Concert Vol. 1 & 2. The "Intro" and "Spanish Castle Magic" were not included on this set.

It was not even their last American show as the next night on August 1st they hopped over to Oahu to play at the Honolulu International Center.

More info:

Jimi's afternoon concert in Maui remains one of his best known performances, memorialized by the disjointed 1971 hippie 'docu-drama' Rainbow Bridge. Jimi's performance was poorly served by the film's editors. Seventeen minutes from his lengthy performance was haphazardly edited together and stuck in the middle of the movie after his death.

The concert itself, as Mitch Mitchell explains, was a bit of a sham. Cast and crew, as well as some fortunate locals were rounded up at the last minute to sit on the hillside of the Haleakala Crater and watch. "We ended up in Hawaii at the end of the summer so that we could have a couple weeks to cool out with families," says Mitchell. "We got involved with Rainbow Bridge, this crazy film that Mike Jeffery was working on in Maui. That was just very strange. At any rate, once we were in Maui, Mike Jeffery and a few other people from the film came up with this idea of literally going through the streets with a truck and a few placards saying, anyone who wants to come see a concert, come up to the crater of the Sun and Moon and Volcanoes. If memory serves me right, it was like a four mile hike. Even if you drove to where [the concert] was, you had one heck of a walk and all of these people turned up.

Now the thing is, from a sound and recording point of view, only certain electrical appliances worked at any one given time, because I think there was some kinetic force there! We must have been having some fun because we played for three hours. But above and beyond that, the band was relaxing and just enjoyed playing together. That was the main thing."

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 23, 2008 18:22

This looks great! Can someone re-post please?

Date: January 24, 2008 18:23

vancouver
2nd show

Dolly Dagger# »
Villanova Junction »
Ezy Ryder
Red House
Freedom
Beginning# »
Straight Ahead
Hey Baby (The Land Of The New Rising Sun) (intro only) »
Keep On Groovin' »
Race With The Devil » drum solo »
Stone Free « Hey Joe

Vancouver,

Are the last 6 tracks from your post included in your version of this show. The Swingin' Pig version has the tracks listed as:

Dolly Dagger
Villanova Junction
Ezy Ryder
Red House
Freedom
Jam Back At The House
Land Of The New Rising Sun

Date: January 24, 2008 20:13

Cafaro
This looks great! Can someone re-post please?

Cafaro,

It sounds great, I have it but am missing the tracks mentioned above to Vancouver and Track 8 from CD1 "Fire". But aside from "Fire" it is complete from the Swingin' Pig vol. 1 & 2. Swingin' Pig is missing the "Intro" and "Spanish Castle Magic". I'm looking for the missing tracks myself.

The first volume has some killer versions of "In From The Storm", and "Hear My Train A Comin".

My upload speed is horrible but I could burn it and mail it to you if that is an option.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home