Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Bob Dylan April 4, 2007 Radio Show Here
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 9, 2007 01:09

Here’s the Bobcat for this week. This week’s theme is New York City. Amazing how many tunes have been written regarding NYC. It would have been cool to hear this show open with the opening of Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue” which, every time I hear it, always flashes the image of New York City skyline in my head. Some tunes I wish Bob had included that were written about NYC are “Boy From New York City”; “Summer In The City” by the Lovin’ Spoonful; “Up On The Roof” and “On Broadway” by the Drifters; “Livin’ For the City” by Stevie Wonder; “New York New York” by Sinatra, to name a few. Think of some of the classic movies that have taken place in NYC: “On the Waterfront”, “Midnight Cowboy”, “The Odd Couple”, “Blackboard Jungle”, “The Godfather” and, definitely not a classic, but one of the coolest and funniest Blaxploitation movies now all but forgotten, “Cotton Comes To Harlem” with Redd Foxx. Writing all of this makes me wanna leave the desert behind and head back to the big city. Anyway…enjoy!

Music
[www.sendspace.com]

Art
[www.sendspace.com]
[www.sendspace.com]

Re: OT Bob Dylan April 4, 2007 Radio Show Here
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: April 9, 2007 01:22

As usual Bob puts together a great show. Thanks dmay

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: April 9, 2007 11:01

Thanks Mr.D

Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: April 9, 2007 17:50

Thanks, dmay!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 11, 2007 13:24

many thanx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home