Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Question About AAC Files
Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: April 5, 2007 21:59

I just downloaded a set of AAC audio files. I've done some research, and I think I know the answer to this question, but I wanted to ask here if anyone can confirm, or deny, this. Can I burn those AAC files, using NERO, and get a cd that'll play on my home stereo, car player, etc? Or do I need to convert the files to another format--like mp3, for example--before burning it? From what I've read, I have the impression that NERO converts the files while burning to a universal format that will allow the cd to be played on any kind of player. Is that right? Thanks again for your help with yet another technical question.

By the way, the AAC files I downloaded are two discs of the Stones rehearsing for the "Goats Head Soup Tour" in '73. The post is at guitars101.com.

Re: A Question About AAC Files
Posted by: keith1978 ()
Date: April 5, 2007 22:10

you can download the free apple player iTunes here:
[www.apple.com]
then you can easily burn those AAC files with your cd burner using the above mentioned software. You will obtain a standard Audio CD that can be played wherever you want.
the compression behind AAC files is much better than mp3s. One thing you should never do is convert AAC into mp3, because you will loose quality.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-05 22:15 by keith1978.

Date: April 5, 2007 22:38

Thanks, keith1978! Appreciate your help! But, I don't use an ipod, just my home stereo and car player. So, do I still need to use the apple player itunes software you mentioned first before using NERO to burn it. (I feel like I'm being thick, but I just want to make sure I understand before going any further.)

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: April 5, 2007 22:58

mikeh:

I believe the answer is YES since AAC encoded files are exclusive to Apple MP3 players.

SFTD

Posted by: keith1978 ()
Date: April 5, 2007 23:06

mikeh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, keith1978! Appreciate your help! But, I
> don't use an ipod, just my home stereo and car
> player. So, do I still need to use the apple
> player itunes software you mentioned first before
> using NERO to burn it. (I feel like I'm being
> thick, but I just want to make sure I understand
> before going any further.)

all you need is iTunes and a cd burner, you don't need an iPod, and you don't need nero.
Just download iTunes for your system, Mac or Windows
Add to library the song you want to burn
create a playlist with those song
hit burn cd
The CD will be a standard cd, while the original AAC files can be played in iTunes , or real player and of course on iPods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-05 23:07 by keith1978.

Date: April 6, 2007 00:29

Thanks a lot, Keith and SFTD. I understand now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home