Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : AUD/SB ; Welcome to New York , Madison Square Garden , July 26, 1972 via GigaSize MP3 320 kbps
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 12, 2007 16:49

X

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:24 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : AUD/SB ; Welcome to New York , Madison Square Garden , July 26, 1972 via GigaSize MP3 320 kbps
Posted by: bnewbury ()
Date: March 12, 2007 22:18

Hey! I recognize those photos!

Send me an email...same address I've had for years. I have a few tapes that are just begging to be converted and posted. Sounds like you know how to do it...

Bob Newbury

Re: POST : AUD/SB ; Welcome to New York , Madison Square Garden , July 26, 1972 via GigaSize MP3 320 kbps
Date: March 12, 2007 22:29

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:25 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: bnewbury ()
Date: March 12, 2007 22:31

Did we ever trade in the past? I was pretty active in the early 90s...and remember sending those photos to a few people.

Date: March 12, 2007 22:36

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:24 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Shotaway2 ()
Date: March 15, 2007 15:07

Any chance of re-posting the artwork? Links are now dead.

Date: March 15, 2007 15:18

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:26 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Shotaway2 ()
Date: March 16, 2007 03:28

Interesting. After typing in the 3 letter code, I get this message:

The file has been deleted
The file you are looking for is not available. The possible reasons for this are:

a long period of inactivity for this file, which resulted in the file being deleted.
The URL you received is invalid.

Date: March 16, 2007 13:22

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 19:25 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: September 1, 2007 20:01

I can, thank you. These songs are ruling my soul ^^

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: September 1, 2007 21:01

"TMOQ's Stones tapes don't circulate, so original vinyl is the best source. I used a red vinyl original with RS-546 REI matrix"

I don't beleive the coloured vinyl pressing are the originals. I'm sure Stone-relics will be able to correct me.

My TMOQ original has 71080 - A/B, but also has 2815-C/D scratched out for matrix numbers.

The posted bootleg is a nice job however.

The only drawback I've noticed so far is the person did not flip the channels and put Keith on the right side where he actually played as if you were 'hearing'/'watching' the show, versus keeping the channels flipped as if you are onstage.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 1, 2007 22:41

bnewbury wrote

I have a few tapes that are just begging to be converted and posted. Sounds like you know how to do it...

hi ,,it's easy to convert tapes to digital ,,,,,

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 14, 2009 19:53

JMARKO
"TMOQ's Stones tapes don't circulate, so original vinyl is the best source. I used a red vinyl original with RS-546 REI matrix"

I don't beleive the coloured vinyl pressing are the originals. I'm sure Stone-relics will be able to correct me.

My TMOQ original has 71080 - A/B, but also has 2815-C/D scratched out for matrix numbers.

I know this is a little old already but some info from Chris M's site:

The earliest New York 1972 show releases in Mono:

Mfr.: First generation TMoQ

Matrix Number: RS-546-A/B

Vinyl: Orange

Matrix Number: RS-546-A/B

Vinyl: Issued on Orange & Purple

The European Variation - No Southern CA TMoQ LP!

Title: "Welcome To New York!"

Matrix Number: TMQ 71080 A/B

Mfr.: All indications from packaging would lead you to believe that this is TMoQ, but it isn't for one good reason: The writing of 1's and 7's on the matrix number is European style and bears no resemblance to the writing on TMoQ matrix numbers. Possibly early Swingin' Pig as this is the same type of work as the RSGL "Philly Special" LP's which also look to be early TSP stuff.

Vinyl: Gray, Blue, Black Marble

Second Generation in "Wide" Breath-Taking Stereo

Title: "Welcome To New York"

Matrix Number: RS-546-A/B REI

Vinyl: Black and Red issues

Label: Black writing on white. "Sideways" pig logo

Fourth Generation

Title: "Welcome To New York"

Mfr.: Second generation TMoQ.

Matrix Number: Matrix 2815-C/D scratched out. Replaced with 71080-A/B.

Vinyl: Black

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 14, 2009 20:34

All the above great photos(plus loads more) were first published(to my knowlege) in "Rolling Stones-Mick Jagger and His Tour" Magazine (Dell 150-7529) 1972 $1.95!!
published by Lyrical Image,Inc. NY,NY.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 21, 2010 15:48

The author says, "I tried to use the best available sources for my version." So if the attention to quality was used then why down grade it to MP3? What a waste of time. For those MP3 lovers, in case you don't know, MP3s are poor quality since it shaves off the highs and lows to make a smaller file and it loses fidelity. IT'S CRAP!! Why would anyone use MP3s?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 21, 2010 16:05

exilestones
The author says, "I tried to use the best available sources for my version." So if the attention to quality was used then why down grade it to MP3? What a waste of time. For those MP3 lovers, in case you don't know, MP3s are poor quality since it shaves off the highs and lows to make a smaller file and it loses fidelity. IT'S CRAP!! Why would anyone use MP3s?

Save your stupid whining - Urban Steel post the shows in FLAC and MP3.

I stay clear off MP3s, just like you, btw. But I gotta say your whining is even more lossy than any MP3

FLAC files here: [www.iorr.org]

edit: I see that you allready posted in the FLAC-thread of this upload - so what's your problem, pedro?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 16:13 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 21, 2010 21:52

exilestones

...you certainly got a lot of nerve!

UrbanSteel is one of the top uploaders here, don't see why you attack him in such a ruthless way!
I don't know how long UrbanSteel will go on like that, just have a look into his postings!

This show was downloaded in FLAC 230 times, only about six fans said thanks!!!
Concerning his more recent posts:

Cologne 70 in FLAC was downloaded from Gigasize 33 times(I cannot find the corresponding entry on Megaupload) thanked two times!

"Vive La France" downloaded about 200 times, six thanks!!!

This list is endless!!!

And I don't want to start arguing here about the pros and cons of FLAC files against mp3s, I prefer FLAC too whenever I can get it, BUT it seems to me
the differences in sound quality are greatly exaggerated!
Especially by those folks who step in screaming and condemning those who are satisfied with mp3s.
I invite anybody to come over to my flat, I will download a Stones show in FLAC and mp3, burn it to cd-r, put it into the player and we'll do a blind test and you tell me if it is the FLAC or the mp3 cd-r!!!
And as the difference is so big in your "FLAC" world you have to be right ten times out of ten!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 21:52 by Rank Stranger.

Date: March 21, 2010 22:10

YES!! I totally agree ,guys! UrbanSteel(and some others here,too) doesnt get thanked enough for all the unselfish hard work.I myself have probably been guilty of taking them for granted so I will take this opportunity to say THANK YOU URBANSTEEL.

Also many people for whatever reason are limited to mp3 or just desire it. And 320 is the BEST mps quality you can offer it in. Before my dumb butt figured out how to use FLAC and converters to change to WAV (thanks to many on this board who were very patient in explaining and helping me) it was easier for me to use mp3 format. IF YOU DON'T WANT MP3 JUST DONT D/L IT!! Have a little manners pal-this bunch at IORR are great people who will help others and not try to make them feel stupid(even when they act that way!)

Oh, by the way Erik. I dont remember if I got an email from you updating your address. I've changed my pc setup but if you still need the SF MONO please let me know!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 23, 2010 09:19

Yeah, I want to thank Uban Steel, Keessie, Bo (Hedegaard), Rolled Gold, mifamifa, Strettonbull, Davethedaver, Ludwig, Erik and all others who EVER uploaded something here once again. Because thanks to them a whole new Stones world opened up for me and thanks to them I now can enjoy much Stones music and videos of which I even wasn't aware before. You guys are just great and always helpful. You all can't be thanked enough! And it's all for free! Actually unbelievable! So a great THANK YOU to you all.

Date: March 23, 2010 16:50

You are right,let me add my thanks to all the ones you mentioned, too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home