Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Please help!: Mick Taylor with Jonathan Kelly
Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: February 18, 2007 13:06

Hi!
I'm desperately looking for the song "Make A Stranger Your Friend" by Jonathan Kelly, which features Mick Taylor on backing vocals on Side A.
It dates back to 1970 and so far has been published only on the following vinyl single:

Jonathan Kelly "Make A Stranger Your Friend/Daddy Don't Take Me Down Fishing No More" (Parlophone R5830)

I know that I shouldn't ask for officially released songs here, but this song isn't available for purchase any longer - and as it is the only officially published song featuring Mick Taylor that I haven't got in my collection, I guess I might give it a try here...
If there's anyone out there who can help me complete my collection, please email privately. I can trade from an extensive list of RS and related recordings.
Thanks a lot
Norbert

Re: Please help!: Mick Taylor with Jonathan Kelly
Date: February 20, 2007 12:28

Well, obviously this one's really hard to track down...
I'll keep on trying anyway...
Best wishes
Norbert

Date: June 26, 2007 11:15

well, I'm still looking for this rare item!
Norbert

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: June 26, 2007 22:35

yes, it's very rare, even for
felix aeppli

In the late sixties Jonathan played many small gigs in and around London before he got his break.
One night in 1969 he was playing in a restaurant when in walked Colin Petersen, formally a member of the Bee Gees. Colin became his Record Producer.
The 1970 single 'Make a Stranger Your Friend' include a choir that includes the Stones’ Mick Taylor, Klaus Voorman, Madeleine Bell, Carl Wayne, Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan

maybe nico zentgrafis willing to help you out .....

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 07:44

I have the 7",Norbert email me.

Date: June 27, 2007 10:59

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!
I've just received an mp3 version of this rare song...as far as I can tell my collection of officially released MT stuff is complete now!!!
Best wishes
Norbert

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: June 30, 2007 08:13

Norbert...can you please post the MP3...it would be nice to hear...

Thank You!!

Date: June 30, 2007 10:58

Hi,
what about mailing me privately? I'm sorry but as I'm not a computer wizard I don't know how to post songs...
Best
Norbert

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home