Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Download Limit @ Giga
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 31, 2007 03:52

This just showed up @ Gigasize

"Download limit exceeded
Your daily download limit has been exceeded.
To continue with your download immediately click here to upgrade to a Premium Account. There are no download limits with a Premium Account."

I joined up for a free account but that hasn't helped, now I can expect spam, luckily it's a yahoo addy.

Re: New Download Limit @ Giga
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 31, 2007 06:10

Vox,

I just got the same message and I only downloaded two songs. Only about 22mb total. Any luck on the free account?

Date: January 31, 2007 07:16

Nope, the free account does nothing. I can't see anything in the FAQ as to what the daily limit is. I've posted a question about this on their Blog section, but that has to be approved (I won't say censored) by the mod there before it shows up.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 31, 2007 16:35

Me too. I try again tomorrow.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 31, 2007 17:41

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-09 21:07 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: January 31, 2007 18:34

I just downloaded disc 1 of the Stones Columbus show that rubycatgirl posted a while ago on Gigasize. I got the whole disc successfully (it was a zipped file), but when I tried to download disc 2, I got that same "daily download limit exceeded" message.

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: January 31, 2007 21:20

I noticed that to the other day. Thats why I use MegaUpload to upload music.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: January 31, 2007 21:42

People, maybe all of us wee can send a e-mail to teh adm. of GigaSize to tell this problem, don't?

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 31, 2007 21:54

I get that message all the time,sometimes no code appears and I paid for their special offer at Chrutmas time,I rang them up they are in Montreal if I remember the woman who answered spoke French first they said it was a paypal issue and to try again in a few mins ,which I did I got some service but not without limits don't know what they are playing at.

I might try speaking to them again tonight
I just spoke to them they are in Quebeck not Montreal the guy said the band width was very expensive so they had to set limits,I told I had bought a pckage around Christmas time he confirmed my payment and said try again,I did and it is a little better but not as good as they say it is.
I mentioned that people on IORR were not happy so you never know they might relent on the limmits.
good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-31 22:28 by adotulipson.

Date: January 31, 2007 23:25

Thanks for talking to Giga about this, adotulipson. Whether they loosen-up on the limits, or not, I appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 1, 2007 16:44

What is the download limit for the free account?

Posted by: sweetladyjane ()
Date: February 1, 2007 22:19

Last night I downloaded what appeared to be 2 relatively small files and got the daily limit message. I had opened up a free account and Giga used to be one of the best, but then they started messing with stretched out wait times, limited simultaneous downloads and now this. They're no longer my first choice for file sharing and I certainly won't recommend them to anyone.

Posted by: brent72 ()
Date: February 1, 2007 23:08

I just downloaded one song( 10MB ) and when I tried to download a second song I got the "Download Limit Exceeded" message. I think it's official that GigaSize now SUCKS!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-01 23:09 by brent72.

Date: February 2, 2007 00:04

It seems that the only way to get multiple songs at once, now, is if they're in a zipped file. I successfully downloaded both discs of the Columbus show that rubycatgirl posted on Gigasize. But, it took two days.

So, is it time to boycott Gigasize, as long as the download limit is so restrictive? I think so. But, if that won't work for some folks, I'd at least like to encourage all of us to use a different service from now on, as much as possible. (Otherwise, downloading a whole concert could take weeks.) Just my 2 cents worth.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: February 2, 2007 01:31

I just downloaded one file from Urban Steel @ 2.81MB and my limit is exceeded. Total Bullsh**!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-02 02:56 by No Expectations.

Date: February 2, 2007 02:54

I say we all use MegaUpload from now on.

Date: February 2, 2007 03:53

mikeh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems that the only way to get multiple songs
> at once, now, is if they're in a zipped file. I
> successfully downloaded both discs of the Columbus
> show that rubycatgirl posted on Gigasize. But, it
> took two days.
>
> So, is it time to boycott Gigasize, as long as the
> download limit is so restrictive? I think so.
> But, if that won't work for some folks, I'd at
> least like to encourage all of us to use a
> different service from now on, as much as
> possible. (Otherwise, downloading a whole concert
> could take weeks.) Just my 2 cents worth.

I don't think I could ever download 2 songs at the same time with Gigasize, but I could at least open up the next download page and get it ready to save time. Now you can't even have more than one page open. What a PIA.

As for using MegaUpload, they too have restrictions and the wait times between downloads can be up to 4.5 hours. Apparently it is a faster site for those uploading, but for those who just want to d/l, it can take days. There's no such thing as a Beggar's Banquet anymore. : (

Date: February 2, 2007 03:58

A friend recently sent me a file through QuickSharing. It was a pretty effortless process. The file size limit for uploading is 500MB. Best of all, it's FREE.

[s29.quicksharing.com]

Date: February 2, 2007 23:32

Thanks for the heads-up about QuickSharing, sweetladyjane. I'll give it a shot.

I just checked-out the QuickSharing site. Uploads can be downloaded an unlimited number of times, and they're available until no one has downloaded for 30 days. I didn't see anything about whether there's a wait between downloads--like with, say, Rapidshare--but, even if there is, it can't be as bad as having to wait a day, like with Gigasize, now. I haven't tried to upload anything on QuickShare, yet, but it sounds like a good alternative to Giga.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-02 23:56 by mikeh.

Date: February 3, 2007 01:07

Im uploading a Keith recording right now so we'll see how it goes.

Date: February 3, 2007 01:39

Thanks for going a test run for us, KWhinos.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 3, 2007 02:55

Don't know what this fuss is all about - the fun is definitely NOT over! Just try this:

When this "Download limit exceeded" message appears, close the GigaSize window and shut down your Internet connection. Then connect to the Internet again (with DSL, it is just a snap). And GigaSize will let you download your stuff as usual! No problem at all. Always works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-03 03:55 by retired_dog.

Date: February 3, 2007 03:28

I've heard that last tip works with Rapid tho I haven't tried it as I have an account.

Date: February 3, 2007 03:59

With an account it won't work because you have to log in. If you use the free service, you don't log in. The only way for them to identify you is your IP. But when you shut down your Internet connection and connect again, your IP changes and the used bandwith counting starts fresh from '0'.

Date: February 3, 2007 04:13

Ok, well, either it doesn't always work, or I didn't understand the procedure. I just tried to get a second Giga post for today. I got the "limit exceeded" message. So, I closed the Giga site window, then got off the internet--i.e went back to the desktop. Then, I tried to get the same download, again, but still got the "limit exceeded" message. Do you mean to completely shut down the computer, then reboot, then try to download? Or, when I get back on the internet, should I use a different browser? By the way, I tried this using the free service, not through an account. Please help me understand what I did wrong. Thanks!

Date: February 3, 2007 05:50

Well Im trying to upload a 350 MB file and after 5 1/2 hours its still uploading. Ill give it another 2, The thing I dont like about it is that it doesnt show how much has been uploaded and how much you have left to go.

Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: February 3, 2007 14:24

I downloaded one song today and it would not allow a second. Most people's IP address remains the same after disconnecting so you'll still get the "Download limit exceeded" as I just did. I am waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah.

Date: February 3, 2007 15:11

mikeh Wrote:
> Do you mean to completely shut
> down the computer, then reboot, then try to
> download?

No, just close the Gigasize browser window, close the Internet connection, connect again. You are in the Internet with a new IP adress then which makes it impossible for Gigasize to identify you as the former user with "exceeded download limit". It ALWAYS works for me, and closing the Internet connection/reconnecting again is just a snap.

> Or, when I get back on the internet,
> should I use a different browser?

Not necessary!

Date: February 3, 2007 15:21

iamwaiting Wrote:
> I downloaded one song today and it would not allow
> a second. Most people's IP address remains the
> same after disconnecting so you'll still get the
> "Download limit exceeded" as I just did.

But it should be possible to change those specific settings that gives you a 'static' IP address. Can't help with more details but best advice probably is to google around and learn how to change those settings. Sorry, but I never had to bother with it because I never used a static IP, so I always get a new one after reconnecting.

Date: February 3, 2007 18:17

UPDATE: I have been trying to upload that Kieth Recording for almost 20 hrs now. Its still not done. Im going to give up on it and Upload using MegaUpload, Where it only takes 6-7 hours.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home