Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some Urgent Advice, Please
Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: November 21, 2006 16:53

I am trying to burn mp3 files to cd's for use in the classroom but am having terrible trouble - may be it's because I am older and stupid.
How do I do this?
I have been told here before to download nero or similar software, I have done all that and find I still can't do it - am I missing something? Is there some other software or hardware I should have? I use windows xp and have tried nero 6 & 7 plus other programs.
I am not sure if I am missing something or if I just don't get it. Please help.

Likewise with torrents - once downloaded how do I open them, what with and are there additional programs needed there?

I would much appreciate your help as I am trying to get the kids interested in the music we take for granted and that they have never heard of - have you met anyone who has never heard of The Stones, Hendrix, The Who, Zepplin and so on? here in this part of China everyone I meet has never heard of them - crazy, a?

I have had offers to have my requests burnrt and sent to me but I feel it is not right to cause expense for anyone (postage being the killer) when with a little help I can do it all myself.

Thanks
David
Thanks again
David

Re: Some Urgent Advice, Please
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 21, 2006 18:49

Windows has included an easy burning software in Windows XP.
If you are under XP, drag and drop the files youwant to burn in your CD/DVD burner logo

Then it will show you an option, like burning the files onto CD

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: [CiN] ()
Date: November 21, 2006 18:58

Hey, David. You also can do it easily with Nero. You just have to put "Audio CD", put "Add" and select the archives that you want to put on the cd. I made it once and it worked.

If you need more help, just quest smiling smiley

Greetings!

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: November 21, 2006 19:00

hé, teacher, we don't need no education! ;-)

no, sorry, serious:
i'm using nero 6:

1. do nót choose audio-cd, but data-cd.

2. look if your player is able to play mp3 (not all are!)

btw: where is 'this part of China'
keep on the music education oover there!

Posted by: pancho1111 ()
Date: November 21, 2006 19:25

Hi coldturkey, I want to help you, but dont know exactly wich is your problem, so my sugestion for you to burning audio cds is to install nero 6 or 7, and please do this: ( my installed nero is spanish, so the words can be little different)

1_go to start button, programs, nero , nero StartSmart
2_once opened, choose CD in the top menu for cd/dvd selection
3_choose Standard tasks, not Advanced..
4_choose Make Audio CD
5_start adding mp3, wav, etc files... (when your disk capacity is reached
the bar in the bottom becomes yellow or red, dont do that)
6_next
7_choose your burning drive; and choose a slow speed for burning, example if your drive maximun speed its 48x , select 12x..
after press the Burn button
_should be ok..

if you have some question, you are welcome !

Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: November 22, 2006 15:58

Thank you all for your help - I will let you know how i do with this
David

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 22, 2006 16:14

It definitely should work as people above told you - Select the option to burn an Audio CD and chooose the songs you want to have on it. Typically about 15-20 songs fit on a CD. Then just press burn and around 5-10 minutes later you should have your CD smiling smiley

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home