Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

why all of a sudden does everyone want 1973
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:44

I asked a few weeks ago about Wembley Emipre Pool 73 I got some great offers and now have some great shows and some bloody auful ones as well,but I only wanted them because I WAS THERE and wanted to bring back some great memories .What I can't understand is why does everyone else want them now 30 years on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-17 01:54 by adotulipson.

Re: why all of a sudden does everyone want 1973
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 17, 2006 02:15

Hehe, good one!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 17, 2006 02:18

because it was a kick ass tour! I didn't see a Stones show until Bridges To Babylon in '97. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want shows from earlier years...

Date: October 17, 2006 02:23

What do you REALLY mean with your first post, adotulipson?
That you can't understand why anyone would listen to that tour, unless they were there? Was it a joke?

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: October 17, 2006 02:25

Brussels 1973 is considered the most popular boot of all time.

The Stones were at there peak with Mick Taylor playing incredible guitar. You need to get TIMELESS: EUROPE 1973 on Sister Morphine label. Simply awesome. Mindblowing might be better description. The best versions of several classics were played at Brussels and other 1973 concerts.

SFTD

Date: October 17, 2006 02:28

The new Halcyon release surpasses all other Brussels releases. I couldn't believe it could be better than the VGP remastered releases, but it really, really is.

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: October 17, 2006 02:40

Erik:

I believe the SM release is essentially a "remastered" copy of the latest VGP release, following the identical track listing by putting the songs in their proper play order (@#$%& from Newcastle in 5th place in superb quality) and finishing up with the London version of SFM to close out DISC 1.

DISC 2 adds the essential London tracks, SFM from Brussels, BS from Rotterdam and a couple more Newcastle tracks, all in superb quality.

As I said before, this release blows Definitive Brussels out of the water.

SFTD

Date: October 17, 2006 03:00

SFTD, I don't like Definate Brussels either. Timeless from SM is very good, but I think Halcyon sounds better. It contains the 1st Brussels show only.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 03:28

1973 is just my favorite year for Stones shows.......that's why I want boots from '73.....

Posted by: reg thorp ()
Date: October 17, 2006 05:13

very good year had a 73 vette,met my wife, { got to think about which one I liked better}got a new job that I retired from a few years ago

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: October 17, 2006 05:27

I haven't heard anything better (for a 72/73 tour boot) than 'Definitive Brussels' at 256 bitrate, Disc 1

It's hard to imagine the SM version, or any other version for that matter, being any better

why the interest in '73??

because the playing was shit hot like never before or since (IMO)

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 17, 2006 07:38

it's Mick goin undercover to test the "bootleg series" market

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 17, 2006 09:43

good responce guys and I totally agree about the performances,boots however are a matter of personal choice,the question was not about the performances or boots it was asking why so many people want them now ,when they have obviuosly always been around,I just wanted something from the gig as a momento of a good night out

Posted by: rubycatgirl ()
Date: October 17, 2006 10:00

...because Dancing With Mr. D is so sexy...because there is so much energie in Brown Sugar, Gimme Shelter...and the rest of the set...hihihi
And...because Happy is never been played better...most of the times Keith is completely out of his lyrics and voice and Mick (J) takes over with his incredible clear voice...
and because Mick Taylor never played better...in fact no-one did ever perform better on guitar with the Stones (not even EC in Atlantic City)...

Thats the reason for me...

BTW...any change of reposting the September 9th Empire Pool show(s)...I ain't got one of them complete...

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:06

''the question was not about the performances or boots it was asking why so many people want them now ,when they have obviuosly always been around''

- I think because with the advent of the computer age and technology - a recording like Definitive Brussels is A) more widely available via the internet, and cool smiley 'tweaked,' shall we say, to sound better than ever

and finally the main reason, C) because the music from the Stones in that era is timeless, it is in my mind the finest concert rock and roll music made by anyone, ever, and in 35 years from now - people will still be trying to get a hold of this music

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-17 20:08 by Taylor Era.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 17, 2006 22:12

1972-73 = Stones live peak. I think those tours always have been popular among Stones fans/traders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1349
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home