Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: Best versions of JJF
Posted by: dang ()
Date: October 10, 2006 06:11

Hi all,

I am putting together a compilation sort of tracing the evolution of JJF. I would like to represent most of the major tours, and include versions that are either particularly smokin or stray outside the norm and are interesting for some reason. I have quite a few holes to fill, suggestions appreciated.

Please tell me what you think the best performances are and if you think I have any stinkers on here (if you can upload some good versions, even better!) Thanks also if you can give me any more info or more detailed dates on the tracks I already have. I will post the finished product when I am done. Here is my tracklisting so far (all versions of Jumpin Jack Flash)

1. Instrumental Version (Surrey rehearsals March '68)
2. original single version (anyone know the recording date?)
3. live w/Brian Jones (you tube sndtrk posted earlier this week, no idea on date or source)
4. Rock 'n' Roll Circus
5. Madison Square Garden '69 (w/out overdubs)
6. I have nothing for 70,71,72,73. all suggestions welcome. did they tour all of these years? were some of the tours pretty much one continuous tour?
7. "Who Went to to Church This SUnday?" LA Forum '75 Really good guitars here, but too much synth...still interesting
8. Love You Live (anyone know date/venue?)
9. Kansas city '81 (only version from this tour I've heard, alsmost 10 min long)
10. London '90 )(only version from this tour I've heard, any standouts from this years?)
11. '94/95-Don't have anything suggestions welcome
12. Licks Tour - see above
13. Hampden '06

If I wind up stretching more than one disc, I may include bonuses like the MT cover from '89, New barbarians versions, or the Leon Russell effort from the Concert for Bangladesh.

Re: Request: Best versions of JJF
Posted by: SonicBBQ ()
Date: October 10, 2006 06:49

You left one out of your list...and among the best, I might add. It's live from 1970, but not the Stones.

[download.yousendit.com]

Rob,
Sittin' in a bar tipplin' a jar in Jackson...

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: October 10, 2006 10:41

Don't forget the ragged, rollicking Handsome Girls version (Disc 2, track 3 I think) where Keith stops playing for a while and has a false ending.

Posted by: dang ()
Date: October 10, 2006 10:47

Yeah, that is a great one. Guess I failed to list it but that version (Ft Worth '78) should definitley be on there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-10 18:32 by dang.

Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: October 10, 2006 18:42

Outside The Stones the format of JJF covers is performed in much of the same manner, even Winter, solo aside, follows the usual pattern. I saw Winter live a number of times in the 70's and JJF always went down a storm, but to be honest most things went down a storm in those days with the help of a few black bombers, blues, dec's and so on.
This cover might not be to everyones taste but it has grown on me and at least has had the guts to try something clearly different. Try it out, don't expect it to have a position in your plan but I hope you dig it.

[www.yousendit.com]

Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart

Regards
David

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 10, 2006 22:05

SonicBBQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You left one out of your list...and among the
> best, I might add. It's live from 1970, but not
> the Stones.
>
> [download.yousendit.com]

This must be one of the best versions ever!
Thanks a lot!

Date: October 14, 2006 10:35

there are some awsome 97-98 version such as st louis 12-12 and msg 1-16,, also orpheum theater 9-9-02, msg 1-18-03, as well as the 5.1 track on Gimme Shelter, great mix,Keither favorate song FYI, peace, gold rings on ya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-14 10:35 by whenthewhipcomesdown.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 14, 2006 18:07

MSG 1-18 is on fire. I love how it - for a split second - gets shaky before the last chorus, until to come together again in a grand fashion. San Diego 98 and St. Louis '97 are top notch (Keith's guitar is wonderfully heavy).

Date: October 14, 2006 20:25

completly agree with you, i love ronnies citar on msg, just sweet, really gives the song like a whole new riff,

Date: October 15, 2006 01:13

How about best videos of JJF? I am looking for a copy of the entire awesomely wicked video from 25x5 which showed a clip from the video. Anybody have this on DVD to share or trade?

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: October 15, 2006 03:03

Gimme Shelter movie version
San Diego 98

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 15, 2006 03:44

Dang,

Not totally sure but i think Love You Live version is June 6, 1976 at Les Abattoirs, Paris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home