Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Bob Dylan Oct. 4, 2006 Radio Show Here
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 7, 2006 17:34

Here’s this week’s Bob show.

The theme this week is water. Some really cool songs on the show this week including William Bell’s “You Don’t Miss Your Water” and James Carr’s “Pouring Water On A Drowning Man”. Bell and Carr are overlooked singers from some of the Southern style brands of soul – Stax/Volt out of Memphis; Muscle Shoals out of Alabama. Some blogs have posted Bell and Carr’s music - well worth finding. Muscle Shoals is where in the “Gimme Shelter” movie the Stones supposedly recorded “Wild Horses”. Muscle Shoals was where Wilson Pickett and Aretha Franklin did some of their classic recordings. It’s where Clapton found a few folks to play on Derek and the Dominos “Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs”. Some of the Muscle Shoals studio cats were also part of the group that backed Leon Russell on his early records. The group of studio musicians at Muscle Shoals recorded a few albums under the name “The Fame Gang” if memory serves me well.

I also like Bob’s reference to Roy Rogers. I loved watching Roy’s old movies with Gabby Hayes as his sidekick. The Sons of The Pioneers were almost always the group of ranch hands who backed Roy up on songs and helped Roy win out over the bad guys. It was my first introduction to Western swing music. From Roy it was a short ride over to Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys and eventually other music styles of the Southwest. I’m sure we’ve all had music journeys like this where one thing led to another in terms of musical influences.

Anyway, here’s this week’s stuff. Enjoy!

Music
[www.sendspace.com]

Art
[www.sendspace.com]
[www.sendspace.com]

Re: OT Bob Dylan Oct. 4, 2006 Radio Show Here
Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: October 7, 2006 21:00

As always, thanks, dmay!

Re: OT Bob Dylan Oct. 4, 2006 Radio Show Here
Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: October 8, 2006 01:32

Thanks again DMay. We've sure been enjoying the shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home