Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jeff Beck Rehearsals with the Stones
Posted by: STEVEN EMMING ()
Date: October 4, 2006 01:53

Anyone have a copy of this bootleg? It was listed on e-bay recently and if anybody could make me a copy of this it would be appreciated!!! Thank you.

Re: Jeff Beck Rehearsals with the Stones
Posted by: DirtyWorks ()
Date: October 4, 2006 03:28

It's called The Lost Rotterdam Tapes from Pignose Records

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 4, 2006 03:34

I have never heard Jeff Beck's guitar playing with the Stones. People, including my self have posted tracks from those sessions but Beck seems non-existant. There is a poor quality version of Freeway Jam but I'm not sure that it's even from those sessions

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: October 4, 2006 13:31

The sound is not good, recorded from outside the studio. (the same quality then "Can You Hear The Mobile")
Some interesting tracks like "Man Eating Woman", the embryo of "Worried About You", another version of "I Love Ladies" etc...
The pignose compiles the "best of" these rehearsals on a 2 CD set.
For hardcore fans only.

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: October 4, 2006 13:43

Is the Pignose release a "real" (factory pressed) bootleg or a "bootleg" CDR release which is not collectable?

Date: October 4, 2006 15:45

Pignose is CDr, like Sister Morphine...
There is no factory pressed release of the 1975 rehearsals, you can only find some tracks on the "Black And Blue sessions" from Exile, or Place Pigalle Vol4 from STE (copied from "Could You Walk On The Water"...)

Date: October 4, 2006 15:49

Thanks. But it's an interesting piece, wish it would be a real boot. Do you know if they used a low generation tape, or has it much hiss?

Date: October 4, 2006 16:04

It doesn't have that much hiss. But I think the tape has been de-hissed, like they did for Girls, Pills And Powders.
If you got already the complete rehearsals, it brings nothing new.

Date: October 4, 2006 16:07

Many thanks mitch. I'd like to put together a 2CD set of all "real" BnB outtakes and the most interesting rehearsals. Unfortunately I had 4,5 CDRs full of that stuff once, but lost it. How much does exist?

Date: October 4, 2006 16:19

You need 4 Cds for the complete rehearsals.
Exile did IMHO the cleverer release for the BnB outtakes. (but the sound is better on the incomplete "Outtakes 74-75" from Extremely Rare.)
I remember to have bought you this Exile double CD, with some OBR in the past...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-04 16:20 by mitch.

Date: October 4, 2006 16:27

Yes I sold this Exile one, because of the poor quality. The "perfect" 2CD set has yet to be released and should include Never Stop and Fool To Cry I too. The Exile release misses a few known late 74/early 75 outtakes. But up till know it must be called an important release, nevertheless.

Date: October 4, 2006 16:35

At this date, there is not the perfect release for the BnB outtakes.
You need those releases to have everything in "best" possible quality:
"Outtakes 74-75", "Black And Blue Sessions", "Stattic In The Attic", "Tattoo Too", and the Rotterdam rehearsals...

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 4, 2006 16:38

FREEWAY JAM & HEATWAVE with beck

Date: October 4, 2006 16:42

printed gold discs from Sister Morphine and Pignose ARE COLLECTABLE. We are not talking about tdk or maxell CDRs !

Date: October 4, 2006 16:46

DirtyWorks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> printed gold discs from Sister Morphine and
> Pignose ARE COLLECTABLE. We are not talking about
> tdk or maxell CDRs !

I know, but you got to draw the line somewhere. There are dozens of new "real" bootlegs every year. That's enough I think. Dieter Hoffmann and most boot collector's don't count these CDR boots.

Date: October 4, 2006 16:50

collectors don't count these CDR boots ? I don't think so. When Sister Morphine or Pignose put out some unreleased stuff, I don't see people not counting those as collector's boots

Date: October 4, 2006 16:54

Most CD collector's I know don't buy CDR bootlegs. But if you and other people like them, I have no problem with that fact.

Date: October 4, 2006 17:33

So Vanc,
The Freeway Jam on those recordings is from those sessions and not Blow By Blow sessions? Also, it's definately Beck on Heatwave? I thought it was but I wasnlt sure.

Date: October 4, 2006 17:55

According to Zentgraft, Freeway Jam includes Beck on guitar. He probably plays on other tracks. A lot of musiciens played with the stones on those rehearsals.

Date: October 4, 2006 19:19

I always thought that version of Freeway Jam was not the Stones but rather something a bootlegger put on the album to get people to buy it. You know....using it as a teaser to show that the other songs had JB on them as well.

Realistically, I can;t tell whether it's JB or some session musician playing on those songs.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 4, 2006 20:14

Cafaro wrote:
-----------------------------------
>I always thought that version of Freeway Jam was not the Stones but rather something a bootlegger put on the album to get people to buy it

No, i think it is the real thing Cafaro

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home