Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Extra Songs On A Bigger Bang Special Edition Bonus DVD
Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: September 10, 2006 01:19

Please pardon me for posting this on both TELL ME and HOT STUFF sections - but this is a technical as well as an aesthetic question to all of you brothers and sisters:

1. [technical] I purchased the A Bigger Bang Special Edition CD/DVD package when it was released. I did this primarily because of the extra tracks available on the Bonus DVD. These are "Under The Radar", "Don't Wanna Go Home", and a very tasty 'Heavy Disco Edit' of "Rain Fall Down". I would like to know how [if?] I can get these songs 'ripped' onto my computer so I could upload them onto IORR for all fans who do not have them to enjoy, and also so I could re-burn them into mp3s [or .wav files] for my car and portable music devices.

2.[aesthetic] God, why weren't these tracks released more widely? They would only enhance an already superb album. Instead the only way I can hear them is on my computer or the DVD player.

"Under The Radar" is awesome. This could easily have replaced "Sweet Neo Con" - in my opinion a banal ditty that is the albums' weakest track and distracts from the 'noir' atmosphere the album is building at that point. Please tell me if I'm hallucinating...but "Under The Radar" would have been considered by many [including me] as one of the albums' highlights...and perhaps even one of its 2 or 3 strongest tracks. Hell, it could have been the lead single! And fans would have been raving about how the Stones have made their best single in ages. Ron Wood is incandescent on this track. Keef lays down a really fat riff. Charlie smacks it out the door. What a kicker! I can only dream of how this track would sound live. This is peak late-period Stones.

"Don't Wanna Go Home" is fun and tough and really catchy. The melody sounds like something they might have done in the Between The Buttons period. This song also would sound great live...what a sing-a-long this would elicit from fans...["we don't wanna go home...we just wanna get stoned...!". Listen to it and you'll see what I mean...very playful and 'up'...made for the stage.

The new "Rain Fall Down" edit would certainly serve to bring this great song to the attention of the young fans so many on this website wish the Stones would attract. It is a totally funky and grooving and delicious dance floor vibe. What a video this could have made!

I think A Bigger Bang is one of the best rock albums of the last 3-4 years. I really do. The extra tracks would have only served to cement that claim...irrefutably. These extra songs DESERVE to be heard by everybody. Had they been included in the official version of the album there is no doubt in my mind that they would have helped and improved the album immensely in every way. What genius decided to only make them available on a Special Edition Extra Bonus DVD version of the album?

In case I'm making a fool of myself and everybody already has these tracks...well, ignore me. If not please help me get them out of my DVD and into your computers and stereos.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers everybody.

Diamond rings, Vaseline, you gave me disease, well, I lost a lot of love over you.

Re: Extra Songs On A Bigger Bang Special Edition Bonus DVD
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: September 10, 2006 01:33

I would absolutly LOVE to have those tracks! I have heard good things about them but can't bear the thought of buying ABB special edition just for 2songs.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 10, 2006 01:46

MP3:

Don't Wanna Go Home
[www.yousendit.com]

Under The Radar
[www.yousendit.com]

Date: September 10, 2006 01:56

Mr. Erik Snow...you're a man of few words and bold actions. Thank you, sir. Any word on the 'Heavy Disco Edit' of "Rain Fall Down"?

Diamond rings, Vaseline, you gave me disease, well, I lost a lot of love over you.

Date: September 10, 2006 01:59

Sorry I don't have that Rain Fall Down edit on the computer, I just downloaded the 2 tracks as a sneak preview of the ABB package. I assumed it was a useless mix, as most mixes after 1989.
Damn, I see I broke the "man of few words"-compliment.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: September 10, 2006 02:08

Killer tracks! Thank you for these. Kinda makes y0u wonder with such good songs why'd it take 7 years to put out this album.

Posted by: SonicBBQ ()
Date: September 10, 2006 02:13

Under The Radar IS one of the top 3 tracks on the record IMHO...it reminds me of a cross between Soul Survivor, Child Of The Moon with a tinge of We Love You

Rob,
Sittin' in a bar tipplin' a jar in Jackson...

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: September 10, 2006 02:28

I too am baffled why UTR was not even on the original album..let alone released as a single i thought the sound was right for a single.
It sounds a little something like Oasis often release - (I'm not slating Oasis at all here) but i bet a pound to a penny if a band such as oasis had recorded it it would be getting many plaudits!

Date: September 10, 2006 06:03

Seeing by your online ID I bet you're baffled at this song not being on the original album...

It is a shame though...what a powerful slice of Stones magic it is...

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: September 10, 2006 20:32

These are great - thanks!

Date: September 10, 2006 22:24

Can 'Under The Radar' please be reposted?

Date: September 11, 2006 19:11

Here it is again>

Under The Radar

[www.yousendit.com]

Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: September 11, 2006 19:15

Would someone please post IDWGH again? Thank U in advance!!!

Date: September 11, 2006 21:24

Turd On The Run Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here it is again>
>
> Under The Radar
>
> [www.yousendit.com]
> oad&ufid=9AB500FA26AEA929

Thanks, brilliant.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 12, 2006 00:15

I believe I have the Rain Fall Down edits on my computer that you are looking for (there are actually 3 mixed versions of the song by Ashley Beedle - - a Heavy Disco Radio Re-Edit at 4:04, a Heavy Disco Vocal Re-Edit at 6:11, and a Heavy Disco Dub re-Edit at 6:07).

In addition to these, the are 2 mixes by Will.I.Am (of Black-Eyed Peas fame) - - a Re-Mix version and an instrumental version - - along with the regular ABB version of the song and a standar radio edit verion of the song.

All in all, a total of 7 different versions of the song!!

Because these are all "official" Stone releases, I'm hesitant to post any of them here - - don't wanna get anyone in trouble - - but I'd be happy to e-mail them to anyone who'd like them. Same goes for "We Don't Wanna Go Home" and "Under The Radar". Just let me know your e-mail address and I'll send you an electronic copy of any of these.

Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-12 00:16 by sf37.

Date: September 12, 2006 06:17

Any chance for a repost of Don't Wanna Go Home? Never heard it, sure would like to

Posted by: Mick Jagger ()
Date: September 12, 2006 15:28

Yes, please somebody repost "Don´t wanna go home". I haven´t heard it too.

Posted by: nick1218 ()
Date: September 12, 2006 16:54

Hi, your sound card should have a small "recorder" program. I only know pc's so Im proceeding as if its one. Perhaps you can go to my computer and do an F3 search on the whole C drive for the word "recorder", which is how I originally found mine. Then you test the settings the recorder has, make sure you dont have it on "mic" setting, it should be recording internal sound. Then play the DVD or CD and actually hit "record" on the recorder right before it starts and again after it ends like we all used to do with old fashioned tape recorders. You will have a wav file when it is over. You can use your player or maybe a wav editor to convert the wav file to an mp3 file. I did that to get 6 songs off of Four Flix and it works great, sound is great

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: September 12, 2006 22:11

Please somebody repost

"Don´t wanna go home".

I havn´t heard it too.

Danke !!

Date: September 12, 2006 22:36

We Don't Wanna Go Home
[www.yousendit.com]

Under The Radar
[www.yousendit.com]

No F*CKIN' complaints from you know who. Stones fans deserve to hear this songs when they purchased the "regular" Bigger Bang too.
It's different with Lee Lewis

Posted by: kait ()
Date: September 12, 2006 23:12

he, he, he

Date: September 12, 2006 23:30

Kait, no, honestly, I didn't mean you. You just asked, you didn't complain.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: September 12, 2006 23:33

erik,
i only laughed out loud because
i reminded our conversation from
yesterday. don't care about!

Date: September 13, 2006 00:10

I believe this has actually already been posted elsewhere, so I'll just duplicate what some of you already have. Here is the special edition, Ashlee Beedle "Heavy Disco Vocal Re-Edit" of "Rain Fall Down" that some of you are looking for.

Cheers!

Name: 06-rolling_stones-rain_fall_down__ashley_beedles_heavy_disco_vocal_re-edit-nvs.mp3
Size: 7MB

The download link is: [www.sendspace.com]

Date: September 13, 2006 03:48

Thanks SO much Erik!

Date: September 13, 2006 07:28

Thanks to everybody for all the help and posts. Fantastic. And thank you nick1218 for the technical tips and sf37 for the Rain Fall Down remix [Jesus, it sounds like I'm thanking a couple of robots!].

P.S. These songs are on my Bonus DVD of the Special Edition A Bigger Bang CD and I just thought all fans should have access to these great tracks. Rough justice indeed...

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 13, 2006 13:27

Thank you All!!

Date: September 13, 2006 13:56

Turd On The Run Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks to everybody for all the help and posts.
> Fantastic. And thank you nick1218 for the
> technical tips and sf37 for the Rain Fall Down
> remix .

lol...in today's society, sometimes I feel like a robot!!

And you're most welcome! Thank you from me as well to all of you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home