Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TALKING ABOUT HAMPTON 81
Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: August 19, 2006 05:10

WHAT A WONDERFUL TIME FOR THE STONES, JUST AMAZING. THE WAY THEY STARTED THE SHOW, SHATTERED, LSTNT, THE BACKSTAGE...DID THEY STARTED ALL THE TOUR WALKING AND PERFORMING UNDER MY THUMB FROM BACKSTAGE? I WANT MORE 81S VIDEOS...COULD SOMEBODY GIME SOME INFO? HOW TO FIND THAT STUFF IN ARGENTINA?

Re: TALKING ABOUT HAMPTON 81
Date: August 19, 2006 09:05

the majority of the times the way it worked was, in the stadium, there was a giant curtin, and in the middle of the verse of "take the a train" keith would start the riff of under my thumb, often times, when the curtin was still shut, the stage floor was also much differnt, there was about a 5-7 foot decline, from the back of the stage to the front so charlie could always be seen. in the stadiums. what a great tour

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 19, 2006 12:09

and the guitars friends !! a real interact between them and a clear sound. much better than today.in a post on SFJ someone explained once the amp used at this time, brand new technology.
Miss you in Hampton is exceptionnal thanks to Bill, beast of burden is great as going to a gogo.
I remember, i was 14 years old and Hampton was partially broadcasted on tv in my country. It was a shock, I realised at this time how much the Stones was a great band (ans i was not yet a fan), the jagg fascinated me the way he moved.

in fact this band is so great when they are "in" the show.
Atlantic city 89 is another example, Brussels 73, LA 75 too and many more...fortunately

Houston 81 is in excellent quality too on RO, Seattle is pretty good.
ALl the proshot are somewhere in excellent quality (see the excerpts in "being mick"). The Hal Ashby film is a nice thing to have to cover the 81 tour.

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: August 20, 2006 08:52

thanks men i in love with 81s

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home