Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bit torrent help.
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 12, 2006 15:41

When I try to dl a Stones item from bit torrent tracker I always get a dialogue box, Invalid Menu Handle. Could anyone be so kind to let me know what is wrong. Many forward thanks.

Re: Bit torrent help.
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 12, 2006 16:50

What bittorrent client are you using? Could you post the link to what you're trying to d/l & I'll see if I can duplicate your prob & (possibly) fix it.

Date: August 12, 2006 17:09

I,m using the Rocks Off Bit Torrent Tracker and Azureus. Sorry, don't know how to post a link. But the same problem occurs on any item I try to dl. This has only started recently. Before, I have dld and succesfully burnt many items from there. Cheers Vox, have a nice weekend.

Date: August 12, 2006 18:35

I notice that a lot of the RO torrents aren't there any more even tho they're listed. Are the ones you want active?

Date: August 12, 2006 19:27

I think I found the problem. Azureus vanished from my computer so I,ve just dld it again and it works. But now it says it's DHT Firewalled and firewalled.

Date: August 12, 2006 20:10

I have absolutely no idea about firewall settings for torrenting, mine works as is so I don't touch it, there's a torrent help page @ RO that might help

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 13, 2006 06:02

It really doesn't matter if your attempted down-loads are "DHT Firewalled" or "Firewalled". Azureus will work around that and download them anyway...maybe a little slower but they'll still download....so you don't have to DO anything about that. As the other fellow said, the really critical element is how many "seeders" there are (the more, the faster) and if they're actually on-line. No "seeders" on-line = no download.

Date: August 13, 2006 13:27

Cheers Duane, that helps a lot.

Date: August 13, 2006 19:14

Every thing is ok now. So many thanks. But is it ok to dld more than one torrent at a time? I'm currently dld two as an experiment and it's going well. What about several at a time? Given the lengthy dld time. Or will my pc explode?

Date: August 13, 2006 19:45

Depends on how much bandwidth you've got. We're pathetic here Down Under & I can only do 1 @ a time, but I see guys who have got 5/6 going @ the same time

Date: August 13, 2006 19:48

Cheers Vox. My two are dld steadily. But as I add more they start to queue. And I'm dld from Hot Stuff at the same time. My motto is dld and burn first, think later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home