Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

request: audio first HBO broadcast . Contribution: Dallas 89 (soundboard)
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: August 9, 2006 13:31

Hi, if I understand well, the Stones have recorded one concert at MSG which was eventually not broadcasted, and then a second one which made its way to Four Flicks. I'd be very glad to hear the first concert and I don't care too much for the video. Is there any of you who could post the audio? Thanks A LOT!

edit 1: In return, here is 'Texas Rangers', concert in Dallas 1989. A soundboard recording, unbalanced mix priviledging Keith, but it's an ill for a good because WHAT A KEITH that night!

edit 2: I mean, Texas Ranger is coming, I'm uploading it as I write...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-09 13:36 by otonneau.

Re: request: audio first HBO broadcast . Contribution: Dallas 89 (soundboard)
Date: August 9, 2006 14:04

damn, I don't have enought broadband to upload right now - but it will come.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 9, 2006 18:17

What a coincidence, I've just been looking @ a trade list & the choice is between 'Bite the Big Apple' (NJ Aug14 '94) which is the last Voodoo snbd I need, & this one. I think you've made up my mind but it'll take at least a week to get here. Stay tuned.

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: August 9, 2006 18:40

If you could post Bite The Big Apple, that would be great. I was at the final 8/17 Giants show and it was fantastic.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 9, 2006 18:54

Sorry no, I'm going to get the HBO one

Date: August 9, 2006 19:46

Here are a few tracks from Texas Rangers, CDII. I know you guys will want the whole thing, but as I don't have time right now, I chose my favourites first. And they are basically the ones on which Keith WRECKS the place. Is it the mix, since he's so prominent? Anyway, listen to the solos on Sympathy, IORR and Satisfaction and tell me if he ever was just that DIRTY. Hard to believe a Stones show was a family entertainment, this is certainly unfit for children!

He hits a huge dissonance on Sympathy; he ends IORR on the most twisted beat I could dream of; borderline chaos; but with so much attitude, such drive that everything hits the target. Unbelieavble. And his tone is dirty as well, like he's carving the riffs on an oak with an axe. Oh, and Jagger is on top form too and really into it, hear him heating up the crowd between IORR and Brown Sugar; he certainly doesn't want it to be a family entertainment!

Little red rooster
[www.yousendit.com]

Sympathy for the devil
[www.yousendit.com]

It's Only Rock n'Roll
[www.yousendit.com]

Brown Sugar
[www.yousendit.com]

Satisfaction
[www.yousendit.com]

Jumping Jack Flash
[www.yousendit.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home