Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: August 2, 2006 17:10

I got this boot called "Going to a Go Go", ref: STCD 1042. (bought it at least 10 years ago). It is supposed to be recorded at Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, 1981, but I doubt it. It contains 17 tracks and 10 of them are exactly the tracks on Still Life, plus Beast of Burden from rarities. The six others, however, are excellent soundboard and the whole thing sounds like an attempted double live album. I don't think it is the Let's Spend the night together soundtrack either, so I don't know what it is. However, here are the six tracks.

Especially remarquable are Miss You, with the bluesy outro and extremely strong playing throughout, and Jumping Jack Flash. The latter is 9 minutes long and involves an amazing, amazing final jam. Now, for any weaving fans, that's the real thing. First, Keith riffs till it shatters into an incredibly powerful punk stuff while Ron piles up licks and solos, with great support from McLagan; then, guitars are out and Mick, Keith and Ronnie all chant together "JJF, it's a gas"; then Keith goes into a wild, wild solo, with Charlie banging the whole thing throughout the end. CHECK IT OUT!

Let it bleed
[www.yousendit.com]

Hang fire
[www.yousendit.com]

Miss you
[www.yousendit.com]

She's so cold
[www.yousendit.com]

Black limousine
[www.yousendit.com]

Jumping Jack Flash
[www.yousendit.com]

Re: post: great 81 soundboards (where from?)
Date: August 2, 2006 17:11

But anyway (I'm listening to the stuff right now), it's all incredible. Check the double attacks on She's so cold, Bill swinging like a rubber man on Bleed... (editingsmiling smiley and Keith's solo on Hang Fire!!! (re-editingsmiling smiley on the same tune: Charlie's breaks!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-02 17:15 by otonneau.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 2, 2006 17:17

Love it.....thier last great tour(and 82)...at least soundwise

Date: August 2, 2006 17:19

Cafaro, do you know where these come from?

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: August 2, 2006 17:53

i have still life australian edition and its the same that going to a go go

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: August 2, 2006 17:59

Otonneau:

I think it could it be the same as "Ride Like The Wind" from VGP. I talk from memory, but it has the official Still Life plus some other songs in great SBD quality. It has some short interviews in between, as it's taken from a radio show, KBFH I believe. If I recall correct, at least the songs officially released on Still Life run fast so they sound half a step sharper (I can't check now if it occurs the same with the non-Still Life tracks). A great boot in any case...

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: August 2, 2006 18:39

Here's the details on " GOING TO A GO-GO:

CD

ROLLING STONES
GOING TO A GO-GO
STCD 1042
E. Rutherford, NJ 11/5/81
Chicago, IL 11/25/81
Hampton, VA 12/18/81
Pontiac, MI 12/1/81
Largo, MD 12/9/81
Largo, MD 12/7/81
New Orleans, LA 12/5/81
Hampton, VA 12/19/81
Phoenix, AZ 12/13/81
Exs - SB

Going A Go Go

1 CD

STCD 1042

Same as on the 2 LP bootleg Ride Like The Wind (RSSG). Taken from LP, but crackles do not disturb much. Different track succession and without You Can't Always Get What You Want from Pontiac December 1, 1981 which is also not included on the Ride Like The Wind bootleg LP. Let It Bleed is misnamed When The Whip Comes Down.

SFTD

Date: August 2, 2006 20:38

thanks SFTD! It would taken me 6 months to figure that out!

Date: August 2, 2006 20:41

Listening to JJF right now. The "punk" riffs are great. Around the 5:00 minute mark. This is a great version.

Oh to hear the Stones when they still had balls!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-02 20:45 by Cafaro.

Date: August 2, 2006 22:33

I sure agree Cafaro. And Miss You; Bill is just sooo good, and the way the sax kicks in after "Come Home!", Jagger growlin "oooh baby" and Watts throwing those fabulous breaks after "walking in the park". Priceless. I always find it moving when they actually play so subtly, in front of a million people who are not even really listening (as JKF says they shouldn't do! :-) )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home