Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Bigger Bang In Melbourne DVD-R For Sale
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 15, 2006 14:48

All interested parties please contact Eleanor Rigby at:
EleanorRigby63@westnet.com.au
...who will then provide you with all the details you need to know. Please take note that this is a DVD-R & not a silver disc.

Price is 20 Euros, and includes a clean DVD-9, artwork & postage.

It is a two camera shot audience recording, one camera on the floor for the close ups, the other in the upper teir.
Contains the complete show from start to finish.
Plus two Melbourne TV Reports of the show finish off this DVD-R

This is a DVD-9 (Dual-Layered).

Also please take note I am not interested in trades, nor mails from folks who harp on that music should be free, Stones fans should only trade blah blah blah or the old chestnut you're ripping off the Stones etc etc.

All mails I receive that resemble the above won't be acknowledged so you have been pre warned.
If you want to have a bitch, I suggest you do so to the people who decided that On Stage seats for Vienna should be put on sale at 1,000 Euros a throw!

Remember, I am only getting back a little of what I have paid for DVD-9s, artwork and postage....

Cheers
ER

Re: A Bigger Bang In Melbourne DVD-R For Sale
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 15, 2006 16:40

well then enjoy your dvd yourself, and believe me itWILL get around sooner or later for FREE, 22 bucks for an aud shot dvd that you will watch maybe once like all the others, no thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-15 16:48 by melillo.

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: July 17, 2006 11:53

I'm getting this posted to me early next week !!
Can't wait !!!
20 Euros...

Luke

Date: July 17, 2006 13:14

theres one born every day

Date: July 18, 2006 05:36

Mark "I WANT EVERYTHING FOR FREE" Melillo.....

Do you think dual-layered DVDs are free?
Do you think the cost of Ink is free?
Do you think postage is free?
Do you think burning onto discs gives your burner longer life?
Do you think sending this DVD out to people who want to pay and get it before everyone else is a problem?
Do you think sending this out to people who can't download it from the internet is a problem?

I'm posting this DVD to the 30 people who have purchased it by mid next week.

Have a great day Melillo, I'm sure you'll be the first person to ask "I WANT MELBOURNE", like you do on all the Stones websites...

ER

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 18, 2006 15:09

I hope this is better than the copy I just paid $30 for.

It has a menu page but no access to the seperate chapters/songs from that page, you have a choice of 1)play the concert or 2) play the couple of newsclips that are after the concert. The only way to get to a specific song is to start from the beginning & then forward to the next chapter/song.

The sound is over-modulated (distorted), it shows up @ high volume sections, particularly lisa's bit in Night Time, some choruses, full-on guitar bits. The audio from my version was recorded seperately on minidisc & what is potentially the best ABB aud recording (equal to or better than Shanghai)is marred by this. Minidiscs have limiters to prevent this sort of thing so I don't know what happened.

The hum @ 7.8k is also an issue, showing up in between songs & on the quieter ones, it's a high pitched sound, gets drowned out during the louder songs but it's there. The harmonic @ 15.6k is very visible on a frequency analyser. Using a Parametric set @ these frequencies with a narrow Q is really the only way to get rid of this. Minidiscs on their own don't produce any discernible extraneous noise so I'm guessing this was introdced during the editing stage.

The first audio glitch is 1 min into the first song, Satisfaction, there are a couple in Miss You & one in SMU that I have found so far. This could have happened on the original minidisc recording but as there are 2 webcams here, the audio from them could have been spliced in, an audio jump of 1/10 sec. is obvious & annoying & so easily fixable, the one in SMU took me 30 secs to fix.

The video from the main cam is very good to brilliant, the 2nd cam which is upper back side is a bit distant, colours washed out, but spliced in I guess when the vid from the main one wasn't working or whatever.

The video from the main cam rivals some pro shot stuff I've seen.

When it was in sync with the audio.

The last 10 songs from b-stage ( where you can almost see up Mick's nose) to BS @ the end are quite out of sync, it's quite distracting to hear audio after Mick's mouth has stopped moving. I understand this was mastered on a video editor & there's no excuse for this sort of poor editing with the equipment available today.

If this had been a vid that a couple of fans had put together, I would have said well done, good effort, thx for sharing this with us. But given this is a commercial venture it has to be critically compared with what the big boys have got out there. What is sad is that these issues could have been so easily fixed @ the editing stage to produce a brilliant product.

I'm hoping that the dvd on sale above is not the same as the one I bought.

Posted by: legin ()
Date: July 18, 2006 15:45

I FIND THAT THE LIP/SYNC IS 'OUT' ON ABOUT 50% OF ALL THE BOOT FILMS,AUDIENCE OR PRO....IT IS A COMMON PROBLEM!!!

Date: July 18, 2006 16:18

Interesting point legin, I didn't know that only having a handful of vids/dvds. I can excuse it with amateur offerings that are freely shared such as those that have come from this tour, but not when I have to pay for it & not when it's synced with the camera work from the main cam in this case. Some of the shots are truly awesome, as good as any pro-shot stuff, & the syncing doesn't do it justice.

Posted by: legin ()
Date: July 19, 2006 04:23

The worst lip/sync one I have is Argentina '06 (broadcast).I got it on ebay...the sound and visuals are so out that a couple of words are sung and Mick hasn't even opened his mouth.It is just like watching a different film altogether...I find it totally and utterly frustrating!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 19, 2006 12:26

Just heard from the original taper that Eleanor is selling this without his knowledge or consent.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 19, 2006 13:31

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well then enjoy your dvd yourself, and believe me
> itWILL get around sooner or later for FREE, 22
> bucks for an aud shot dvd that you will watch
> maybe once like all the others, no thanks

Poverty makes say some amazing things to certain kind of members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-19 13:32 by mitch.

Date: July 22, 2006 17:51

Hi everyone,

Just finishing up with copies, more than happy to take anymore orders.
Posting early next week.

Take care,
ER

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 23, 2006 05:51

I'm sure anyone can get this for FREE, either from downloading it or trading someone for it.

I'm kind of confused why BV doesn't allow certain threads, yet allows people to profit off of other peoples work?

As stated above, he's selling someone else's work.

Do you think dual-layered DVDs are free?--- 1.00
Do you think the cost of Ink is free? ----5 cents
Do you think postage is free?-----86 cents
Do you think burning onto discs gives your burner longer life?--- BULLSHIT REASONING
Do you think sending this DVD out to people who want to pay and get it before everyone else is a problem? ----MOst likely a lie or exageration
Do you think sending this out to people who can't download it from the internet is a problem?----- Then make a trade.

How much do you scalp tix for?

Date: July 23, 2006 06:54

As I understand it, the main taper 'P', who did the main cam & the audio let a copy out which got to ER who is now selling it. P is not happy about this & I can see his point.

HOWEVER, P is proving to be a very elusive gentleman, he let his mobile phone # be posted here as a contact to obtain a copy from him but it took me 4 tries & 4 days (I live a mere 45 mins away from him) before I finally got one. I've since phoned P several times but P is doing nothing about promoting/selling/sharing this gem, he's not even on the net(!). I've offered to remaster the audio from his minidisc so we can have an excellent cd version, I believe my audio equipment is better than his, - nothing. My last contact with him was last Thurs when he said to call back in a couple of hours but there was no answer on his mobile or home numbers.

My position on this has changed somewhat over the past week. We now have a situation where the main taper has the item for sale, but doesn't appear to be selling it. We know the item is out there, we want it, & if someone else takes the initiative (such as ER) to get this out to Stones fans, well, I can't fault them for that.

Posted by: mm54321 ()
Date: July 23, 2006 13:22

vox12string Wrote:
> As I understand it, the main taper 'P', who did
> the main cam & the audio let a copy out which got
> to ER who is now selling it. P is not happy about
> this & I can see his point.
>
> HOWEVER, P is proving to be a very elusive
> gentleman, he let his mobile phone # be posted
> here as a contact to obtain a copy from him but it
> took me 4 tries & 4 days (I live a mere 45 mins
> away from him) before I finally got one. I've
> since phoned P several times but P is doing
> nothing about promoting/selling/sharing this gem,
> he's not even on the net(!). I've offered to
> remaster the audio from his minidisc so we can
> have an excellent cd version, I believe my audio
> equipment is better than his, - nothing. My last
> contact with him was last Thurs when he said to
> call back in a couple of hours but there was no
> answer on his mobile or home numbers.
>

He does not even have a computer !!! (well his brother gave him an old desktop but it's never been plugged in) be careful he is not just telling you what you want to hear ........ salesmen do those sort of things ;-)

> who did the main cam & the audio let a copy

Clearly when Mick or Keith go over to the end of the stage LEFT side the audience volume get's much louder which means that is where the taper was, yet the cameras are back of centre and over the right up the back .......

a nice guy with debts so thanks for helping him a little except your review probably put people off, this dvd first appeared 2 weeks ago today and it's what we both got a single layer disc this dual layer is a puzzle as it was not mentioned about at the RF (dual layer discs are expensive) I thought you might have put it on RO or Dime by now ...... I wonder who will be the first ?
I'm sure <melillo> for one is waiting!

Date: July 23, 2006 14:14

Yes my impressions were that he is a nice guy but no idea of how eagerly this would be received by the Stones community. No I haven't shared it yet, I was going to let the man get them out on the market before I did anything, but if it's been 2 weeks then that's long enough, time to get it out there.

Given that I've spoken with only him, it's good to hear a little about the other side, mm, thx for that.

Date: July 28, 2006 23:01

Available for FREE, seems like it's from the guy who put this together.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Date: July 28, 2006 23:02

Available for FREE, seems like it's from the guy who put this together.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

I just received this from a nice gentleman from Australia to post this here on DIME.
Here are the maker's quality comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
******** made by the fanz for the fanz (is there any other way!!) ********
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title : The Rolling Stones - Bang in Melbourne

Country/date : Melbourne, Australia April 13, 2006

--- The Rolling Stones ---

Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts
Ron Wood

At the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne Australia April 13, 2006 a 2 aud camera with seperate aud audio source DVD captures the complete concert plus 2 short news reports on tv the next day.
Put together on very basic equipment there are a couple very minor split second video sync glitches syncing the audio and video on a couple of songs and the sync takes a lttle while to get right on SFTD but it's ok by Keiths solo.
The main camera could not be used on some of the songs due to the security when the 2nd camera is used for extended periods you will know why.
The editing takes off from "Worried About you" onwards

*** Please do not tamper with this by trying to fix it because ***

This DVD was made simply for the tapers and close friends as a preview to see how it looked but then the video editor had became unavailable untill the last quarter by then he will have his new mac and it will be done again properly including the audio as both a 2 disc NTSC and PAL versions (if there is enough interest)
BTW we are looking for the tv commerical shown to promote the Melbourne concert if you have it can you seed it as an avi ?

A vote was taken and it was decided to release this now as it's very good just the way it is and most fans will be happy enough a simple single menu, select concert or news report to access any individual song use the numbers on your dvd remote control it has to be one of the best 2 cam-audience DVDs made and it's only fitting that it's for the greatest rock 'n roll band ............... or so some people say ;-)

Video Format.........: DVD
Resolution...........: 720x480
FPS..................: 29.97
Bitrate..............: 5 Mbps
Audio................: dolby ac3 256
Original Format......: NTSC
Length...............: 120 minutes
Chapters.............: 22

My comments:
Not always lip-sync, but very nice work, well done, near a pro-shot, congratulations and many thanks to all, who participated in this production.
And thanks for sharing!!!

Enjoy

Date: July 29, 2006 06:30

The one that's being torrented @ Dime is sourced from yours truly, it would be way too slow to try & do it from Down Under so I sent it out for someone else to do it, as I have with RO (doesn't look like they've got their copy yet), there's also a tree @ shidoobee. I am the 'nice gentleman from Australia'.

The 'maker's quality comments' are from the copy that demonoid is torrenting, & that is from a different source, not from me. Apparently there is a txt file in that torrent which contains those comments.

Whatever the story, it's out there, enjoy

Date: July 29, 2006 18:06

Eleanor Rigby Wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just finishing up with copies, more than happy to
> take anymore orders.
> Posting early next week.
>
> Take care,
> ER

oh boy i think i will change my mind now, what is your address !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home