Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
To Vancouver and those that refuse to post
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:40

I must offer an undying debt of gratitude and thanks to Vancouver for the posts he/she has put up. Many of us never had access to the music Vancouver has posted.
It takes a lot of time to post music. It is an extremely generous act that Vancouver does for us. This also goes for anyone else that posts music on this board. I offer all of you my thanks. I have posted most of what I had over the past 3-4 months. I realize that what I posted was nothing in comparison to what many others, including Vancouver has done!

To those that refuse to post and or share: You should stop being selfish and start sharing. Using the excuse that you don't know how and don't understand computers is unacceptable. Please stop getting "rich" off of us.Be a "man", have some balls, and learn how and just do it.

I do know that many members share and do not post and to me, that is just as good as posting.

All that said.....Thank you to Vancouver and everyone else who is generous enough to take the time to share.

Re: To Vancouver and those that refuse to post
Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:28

i wish to post, but mi internet conexion it's very bad and i just can't do it. i offered to share with some programs, like e mule, but nobody answered me. it's not a question of selfish as you said. I CAN'T UPLOAD, unfortunately.

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:32

Ditto...... A real BIG, BIG thank you to Vancouver for posting some marvellous stuff.

Like Cafaro, I have posted all that I have dating back to January 2006, abet, under two other alaises.

We all benefit from sharing because in the end you get back as much as you give.

SFTD (here in Toronto)

Date: July 10, 2006 02:55

Buffalo 81,

If you offer to share, then I thank you!

I understand that some people have very slow connections. Email me if there is something you want. I am always open to sharing with people

Date: July 10, 2006 03:32

ok, caf. you're welcome.
other topic, yesterday in Argentina there's a rumour that the stones are almost officially out of tour, what can you tell me bout it?

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 10, 2006 04:19

seriously, I don't know how

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: July 10, 2006 07:02

A big hooray - boo-yah!!

to all those who post - especially Vancouver, Cafaro, etc. have been very excellent with thier time and/collections...I also have posted most of what I have over the last year...but still have some more..sometimes I'm not sure what people want..but if you try sometimes you get what you need...

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:06

thank you ! why i do this posts ,,?? to make you all HAPPY.!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope somebody will post someday the the two philly shows

J.F.K Stadium Sept 25/26 1981,mine is bad and missing songs,,

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:36

I have Waiting on 50 million friends 2 CD Sept. 26, 1981
Send me your adress and I send you copies.

Date: July 10, 2006 12:47

hi ! not that one (not soundboard) thanks anyway !

Posted by: DirtyWorks ()
Date: July 10, 2006 16:21

Easy to share when you didn't pay a dime of what you have ! Wondering who is selfish, the people who refuse to share or the "I want" people who never paid for anything.

Date: July 10, 2006 17:45

DW,
In the past,I paid more than I should have for material (we all still pay too much for official stuff). The good news is that if you are like me and only interested in the music and not the "collectibility factor" then sharing is great!

I always hated paying for boots.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 10, 2006 22:49

There is people who paid for the boots you download... nothing is free.
I understand very well that people who owns hard to find boots or private tapes feel free not to share them.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 10, 2006 23:00

If anybody wonders why I don't post much here,
it's because I don't download either -apart from the Dylan radio shows. I rather listen to CD/LP/tape, instead of my awful PC speakers.
But I take part of some discussions from time to time.

Date: July 10, 2006 23:31

Of course, if you like music, you buy LPs or CDs... (I guess)
In the same way, if you like to read, you buy books, you don't download pdf... (maybe Carafo has a very nice collection of pdf too, beside his mp3 one...)
Anyway, if it is a way of "collecting", it is really not mine!

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: July 11, 2006 00:09

Yeah, I post some stuff from time to time. I barely download stuff, because I'm too lazy to organize it all unless it's a great quality boot. Thanks to all you who post.

Date: July 11, 2006 00:20

Cafaro and Vancouver does a great job. They spend more time, than many web-holders, that earn money.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: July 11, 2006 00:57

I want to say thanks to vancouver and Cafaro too. The've made my boot collection grow a lot these last months.
And thanks to all the others who post too!

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 01:13

Tekumseh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want to say thanks to vancouver and Cafaro too.
> The've made my boot collection grow a lot these
> last months.
> And thanks to all the others who post too!

I too would like to offer my thanks. You have done a great service to all

Date: July 11, 2006 01:18

TatteredTongue Wrote:
> Yeah, I post some stuff from time to time. I
> barely download stuff, because I'm too lazy to
> organize it all unless it's a great quality boot.
> Thanks to all you who post.

Everybody does what he wants with his spare time!

Date: July 11, 2006 01:39

To mitch..that's correct. We can do whatever we want on our free time. I just get frustrated when people like Tekumseh,vancouver, Joehill..etc do post so much and aren't reciprocated.I don;t know why it bothers me. It's kind of like a soccer player headbutting his opponent..oh, sorry.

Erik..you like many people, have shared material with me (at least) via trading discs and I greatly appreciate it.

I didn't mean to start a shit storm here. I was just ranting.I didn't mean to offend anyone. My doctor is reducing my pain medication and I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!

I've been pretty crazy lately.I'm yelling at my dogs for no reason! My wife wants to have me killed. If I didn't know every hit man within a 100 mile radius of house, I'd be dead by now! smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2006 01:54

cafaro and vancouver, million thanks. that's the spirit of the site

Date: July 11, 2006 07:47

I think the whole point of "boot" sharing is to get the casual fan more interested into the Rolling Stones which is good for everybody = band, trader community, and die hard collectors of silver CDs and vinyl boots. If no one ever hears it, no one will ever want it. I think a lot of the downloaders are the casual fan, new fan or just seeing what is out there. Sure, there are some folks out there that just take but so what..that is the way it is always going to be on any board & I think a minority on this board. I think the sharing and communal aspect of this board has been great.

I also think Rock Off is great and hats off to Gazza, but I really hate all the pictures in the posts. I love the bouncing boob girl, but its really annoying while trying to read a post.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: July 11, 2006 09:42

I was d/loading voraciously, then I realised;

a) I would never live long enough to listen to all this stuff.
b) I didn't need 253 versions of the same song
c) Half of it is so badly recorded it grinds on the nerves
d) I began to see the artists point of not releasing 'work in progress' (first takes and half written songs), as it's not played or sung very well and I respect that.

Most bootleg stuff is of curiosity value, something you play a few times only (unless it's of exceptional in quality or performance).
(Just my opinion).

Date: July 11, 2006 10:17

Turd..you got it right..some gems floating around in the mass of crap..but that is the fun part of it

Date: July 11, 2006 15:51

JoeHill, I forgot to add you on the really-great-posters-list above. Of course you're on that list.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:33

Cafaro, you can rant at your wife & all of us here but not at your dogs. One of ours died of cancer 6 months ago & my wife & I are still feeling the pain. Do they look at you with those adoring eyes, do they go ballistic when they know it's time for a walk. Rant here all you need, but when you're feeling down just open the cupboard where you keep their treats & see what happens.

Date: July 11, 2006 17:27

this is an freedom......i post my my stuff..because ,,IT'S GOOD MUSIC..

Date: July 11, 2006 19:50

it is good stuff that i love!!!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 12, 2006 00:19

vancouver Wrote:
> this is an freedom......i post my my
> stuff..because ,,IT'S GOOD MUSIC..

Thanks for everything Vancouver your the Second Best.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home