Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question About My Attempts To Upload With Yousendit.com
Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: June 10, 2006 20:52

A few days ago, I uploaded for the first time using yousendit.com. And apparently people were able to download ok. But...

Usually, when I've downloaded something from yousendit, I'll click on the link on this site, then right click on the link on the yousendit site, which allows me to directly download it to the desktop, so I can put it in a folder later.
After I uploaded the songs, I tried to download them, as described above, just to make sure it worked. But, when I clicked on the link at the yousendit site, the word "transfer" was shown, instead of the song title. When I tried to download it to the desktop as usual, it didn't work. Instead I got another yousendit window, with another link to the song, but I couldn't download from that either (or else I just didn't know how to do it). I've since discovered how to get the download if the word "transfer" appears. But, I was hoping someone could explain to me what I did wrong in the upload. Why does it say "transfer", instead of the song title? Thanks.

Re: Question About My Attempts To Upload With Yousendit.com
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 10, 2006 21:30

Mikeh,

I have always done it this way and never had a problem.

1. Open the link

2. Left click where it says download. Then a box will open that gives you three options. 1. open 2. save 3. close

If you hit open ,it will allow you to hear it with out downloading it.

If you hit save it just like any other file you will be asked what folder you want to download too.

Your Done Enjoy the Music

No need for the Right click I think thats whats messing you up.

Good luck

Re: Question About My Attempts To Upload With Yousendit.com
Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: June 12, 2006 23:41

Thanks, virgil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home