Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request - YCAGWYW - Wash DC - 1972
Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: June 8, 2006 00:49

Hey Guys,

Can anyone put that gem out here??

Taylor leads on that one really cook!!!

Thanks if possible

MLC

Re: Request - YCAGWYW - Wash DC - 1972
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 8, 2006 00:50

The whole show is amazing!

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: June 8, 2006 01:00

really?post it mansmiling smiley))

Date: June 8, 2006 01:12

Just teasing, hajduk....I don't have the time for the whole show.
But here is the requested song:

Washington D.C 1972 - from VGP.

You Can't Always Get What You Want
[www.yousendit.com]

All Down The Line
[www.yousendit.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-08 01:20 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 8, 2006 01:20

Erik - YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I owe you one

MLC

Date: June 8, 2006 01:28

Erik -If you can find the time, can you include Gimme Shelter, Dead Flowers
or Love In Vain? bet those smoke too!!

And again THANKS

MLC

Date: June 8, 2006 01:58

They only did Dead Flowers once...the Texas-show from L&G.

Gimme Shelter
[www.yousendit.com]

Love In Vain
[www.yousendit.com]

Date: June 8, 2006 17:41

Again Erik - THANKS

Man - Taylor sure felt like "playing" that night!!!

MLC

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: June 9, 2006 03:00

I can't download these tracks, so I'm pretty desperate, here I'm sitting!

Posted by: MickGibsonSG ()
Date: June 9, 2006 04:05

any chance of reposting YCAGWYW and GS, the download links lead to blank pages

Thanks much, LIV smokes

Date: June 9, 2006 13:16

I'll do it later...there's something wrong with yousendit.

Date: June 9, 2006 13:27

Well here's Gimme SHelter,
[www.yousendit.com]

Date: June 9, 2006 14:24

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: June 9, 2006 15:55

I was at this show on July 4, 1972 at RFK Stadium in Wash DC. I was a youngster (14 years old) and my cousin and his buddies (they were all 18 yrs old) took me to the show!

I would love to get a copy of the entire show! Thanks for the samplers you have already posted here.

Date: June 9, 2006 16:10

Leedslungs, the reason I don't post so much, is because I don't download.
But since you were there, I'll do the rest. So, just download the songs that's allready up,
and I'll post the rest...incl. YCAGWYW.

Date: June 9, 2006 16:13

Erik,

Wow! That would be incredible. This concert was my very first rock concert and here I am 34 years later getting a chance to d/l the entire thing! Gotta love this community here at IORR. Thanks so much.

Mark

Date: June 9, 2006 16:50

Here's my memories of July 4, 1972 (one of the greatest days of my life...up there with the day my first son was born and the day I got married!)

My 18 year old cousin was living with us in Northern Virginia during the summer of 72, since his parents were moving to Sacramento, CA and he was going to be attending college on the East Coast. My cousin was a real pot head and a fantastic guitarist (he still plays pedal steel guitar in a local band here in Wash DC). He also had a great record collection including all the great classic rock from 1968 to 1972. My musical education started right there with that great collection of records; he had the entire San Francisco sound bands (Dead, Airplane etc.) and British Rock (Beatles, Stones, EC, Cream etc.), and current American bands like Allman Bros, James Gang, Alice Cooper, MC5, Stooges etc.

A few days before the Stones concert my cousin asked me if I would enjoy going to see the Stones! One of his hippie buddies had backed out of going and he had a spare ticket. My parents were cool with the whole idea since we were all family and they were naive about my cousin's pot smoking ways. Haha.

Anyway, we loaded up in my cousin's VW bus and drove from Alexandria, VA to RFK Stadium and got to RFK around noon on July 4th. We partied in the parking lot for a while and I enjoyed my first taste of beer and pot. I was laughing so hard and all of his buddies were trying to get me "stoned" before the show. I learned how to smoke a bong and how to roll a joint! Frisbees were flying everywhere and the teenage and twentysomething girls were red hot. I was losing my mind!

We finally got into our seats at RFK around mid afternoon. The opening act was Stevie Wonder and he was fantastic. Firecrackers and cherry bombs were going off right and left. Kids were totally stoned out their heads. It was so hot in RFK that girls were taking off their tops! People would just dump any liquid on their head to try and keep cool.

There was a huge delay between Stevie Wonder and the Stones. Finally around 9:15pm the lights darkened at RFK and the Stones appeared by walking out of a recreational camper that had driven on the infield! Jagger said "Hello Campers" and they kicked things off with Brown Sugar....then Bitch...Rocks Off...Gimme Shelter...Happy...Tumbling Dice...Love in Vain...Sweet Virginia...You Can't Always Get What You Want...All Down the Line...Midnight Rambler...Bye Bye Johnnie...Rip This Joint...Jumping Jack Flash and finally Street Fighting Man. No encore. Everyone was just drained. Everyone stood during the entire show (except Love in Vain and Sweet Virginia).

It was one hour and 10 minutes of the most intense rock and roll, RnB, country, and blues. I remember being totally in awe of Mick Taylor and his lead/slide guitar playing. I could not believe that anyone could play like that. Unreal. I still get goosebumps thinking about how incredible his lead guitar sounded. Eric who? Carlos who? Mick Taylor was the ultimate lead guitarist of his day.

Jagger was quite the showman in his while jumpsuit, doing gymnastics, trying to climb up part of the stage, doing his whole rock and roll frontman thing. Female fans were trying to get on the stage; it was a bloody mess because they had driven nails up into the stage so that fans were cut when they tried to make their way on the stage. Keith Richards was smiling for most of the show and just played his heart out. Bill and Charlie were steady as a rock. I remember how cool it was when Bobby Keys was given the spotlight on a few songs with his sax solos.

Needless to say, I am still a big Stones fan and I enjoy collecting their live shows - here I am 34 years later and I will have the chance to hear it all over again! Thanks again for your kindness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-09 22:19 by LeedsLungs71.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: June 9, 2006 17:12

I've never heard Taylor get and control as much feedback in this show. Sounds AMAZING. Doesn't hurt that he's playing like a man possessed, either.

Date: June 9, 2006 17:13

Oh man, that was a great post! Very nice!
(I'll post later today...I've got something I have to do right now.)

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 9, 2006 17:25

LeedsLoungs'71: Thank's a lot for sharing your memories from '72 with us! Sounds indeed like a cool, or/and parhaps, hot daysmiling smiley

Date: June 9, 2006 18:39

I keep trying to upload the show,
but yousendit doesn't work! Damn!
Is there somebody else here who have the show,
and could try uploading it?
Thanks in that case. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait 2 days or so. I can't do it tomorrow.

Date: June 9, 2006 18:47

It's OK. I've waited 34 years to hear that show again...I can wait 2 more days! Thanks for trying!

Date: June 9, 2006 19:01

Leeds....why don't you e-mail me your address,
heck I'll send you a CDR for free, since were there and all....you get better sound on CDR.

Date: June 9, 2006 19:52

Thanks Erik, I just sent you an email.

Mark

Date: June 10, 2006 00:16

Wow - Leeds, great story

Reminds me of the 1st time I saw the Stones in 1969, neighbor took me when someone backed out at the last minute.
I was a 15 year old in High School, 1st time "smokin" u-know-what for me too,
some cool hippies had these big bombers with hash mixed in... in the parking lot
at the forum here in LA.

wow - Taylor even in 1969 smoked, to me..

but nothing like what you saw that day!!! That's still my favorite version
of: YCAGWYW...

MLC

Date: June 10, 2006 00:31

MCDDTLS, did the link for YCAGWYW work for you?
It doesn't now....

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: June 10, 2006 00:48

after this story,i am so hot for this showsmiling smiley)))my first(hope not the last show)was in 1998. in zagreb,capitol of croatia,i was 22...80 000 people on show,world championship in france for one month...brrrrr,what a summer!

Date: June 10, 2006 05:08

Eric - worked for me the 1st day - got them all!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home